• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OtLand Introducing Support Team group

Hello Dear Otlanders!

Not long from the last announcement, I have some piece of information that you might find interesting!

It is my pleasure to introduce Support Team group to Otland.

1. What is it?
Support Team is a new group of members on Otland, just like Administrators, Community Managers, Global Moderators and so on.

It consists of skilled members who have been around here on our forum for a while and feel comfortable providing in-depth, technical support to all community members on the Support Board, write tutorials and guides for newcomers as well as advanced users and perform other tasks in order to share the knowledge about OpenTibia in our community.

Support Team members serve as a close link between regular members and the Staff (if we weren't close enough) and are also a role models for the OT community. Comparing to the Tibia world, we may call them Tutors.

2. What are the duties of Support Team members?
As mentioned before, primary duties of Support Team members is to provide high-quality answers for any OT-related problems that members have on the Support Board. The goal is to not miss a single thread and solve every problem. It will be difficult in some cases, so we at least aim to provide hints and guidance. This support is not a free slavery service, though. The Support Team members are equipped with moderation permissions on the Support Board to keep it clean and organized. They also work to maintain the history of solved threads by marking them appropriately and making the information reusable to other members. This leads to creation of a large FAQ collection out of solved support threads.

Alternatively or in addition to the above, Support Team members might work on tutorials and guides (basic and advanced) that go into our Articles section or can contribute to the TFS documentation (or other projects).

It is possible that they might perform other individual duties instead and those will be approved on a case-by-case basis.

3. What are the benefits of Support Team members?
Support Team members are rewarded for their hard work for the OT community. Support Team members get all the Premium benefits without donating even a cent, because we value contribution more than money.
Apart from all the Premium members perks, Support Team members receive forum-wide recognition, access to a private board where they can discuss and coordinate support-related matters, own group color and other yet-to-be-determined rewards.

4. How to apply to be a Support Team member?
You don't. Yes, there is no application process. I (or other Staff member) will appoint Support Team members myself. Members with recognizable reputation (not necessarily reputation points) will receive offer letters (private messages) from me. They will be able to accept or reject participation in this project.

After they are appointed as Support Team members, they have to keep minimum activity according to the rules (vacation periods are possible though) to maintain their status (otherwise they will be demoted). Permanent (life-long), honorary memberships might be awarded in future for extraordinary members and those do not have to maintain the minimum activity.

There are no guidelines how to obtain an offer letter, nor we publish any requirements or appointment methods. However, if you hold skills mentioned in first section and are known to the Support Board users and moderators, post politely and professionally, there is a good chance you might get an offer.

There is no limit to the number of users we can appoint. I would love to appoint all of you and give you all the benefits if you satisfy the requirements. However, there is some capacity to what we can keep control of. Don't be sad if you don't get appointed despite your hard work. We might offer you participation later or we might have missed you (probable if you are a ninja). This is why sometimes it is acceptable for other members to nominate someone for the participation in this program and such nomination will be evaluated.

5. End Notes
This week I will be preparing and evaluating standardized rules relating to expected troubles that might arise. We also need some time to tune up the technical stuff (Talaturen is very busy with work and study). I expect to start sending offer letters next week and this is probably the time when things start changing, hopefully for better. Isn't it worth helping others now?

Please post any comments, suggestions or concerns you have!

Please continue the discussion about the idea itself (further posts about colors will be deleted), we will choose the color/formatting for the group later.

A question, what about the tutorials, people do ask a lot of support/help in there. Should the support team moderate them too or should it be just like it is now.

Supporters should not have any other color except the same as Premium (because they are getting it for free).
If you HAVE to have another color simply because of group permissions etc (to see extra boards) then cool, do that, no shitty colors pls.

Otland will look like a rainbow :(

- - - Updated - - -

Infact; IDEA FOR THIS.

Instead of Board Moderators, perhaps change this to Support Team. Why? Because we have enough Global moderators to patrol these boards overall. Therefore more board mods would not be needed and no more discussions about colors. ;)

@Xenios, sorry didnt see your post.

My one question in all this is, what if someone is good at one thing but not good at another in this support community? I mean like for me in example, I'm good with Networking and computers (aswell as basic logic problems) and bad at scripting... Would that affect us in any shape or form with this new "Support group"?

I would assume they would have Support Members for certain areas similar to that of a board moderator, if you understand what I'm saying.

I would assume they would have Support Members for certain areas similar to that of a board moderator, if you understand what I'm saying.

I do but on a daily basis what is the majority of support being requested? Mainly coding.

I disagree. I think the most is asking for general support. E.G. Ports

Webcoding is most of what I've seen, that or help with paypal/daopay, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

As of now, that may be true though when this new group is introduced, it might be changed to a wide variety of support being requested.

Hopefully... Then again if they did that they'd have to make subgroups within the support area.

My one question in all this is, what if someone is good at one thing but not good at another in this support community? I mean like for me in example, I'm good with Networking and computers (aswell as basic logic problems) and bad at scripting... Would that affect us in any shape or form with this new "Support group"?

You'll give support in whatever you can, nobody knows mapping, coding(all the 129038 languages) and design etc. If you make a change in the support board, you'll be promoted to a support team member, even though you might not be able to answer 50% of the questions asked.

A decision about color/badge will be made by us.

Board Moderator will stay as it is now, nothing changes. It's the only step to become Global Moderator, noone gets promoted to be Global Moderator right away.

We will not create varietes of Support Team members, there is no need to distinguish them based on what field they help in. It's up to them.

We will definitely distinguish them from Premium members, because it's totally different.

You'll give support in whatever you can, nobody knows mapping, coding(all the 129038 languages) and design etc. If you make a change in the support board, you'll be promoted to a support team member, even though you might not be able to answer 50% of the questions asked.

Best answer so far.

The support team should at least have 1 person assigned to a specific area that is being frequently asked. If there's nobody in the support team that can be assigned to a question because of not enough knowlegde then a member that is avaible could look for smiliar problems or still try to help by using common sense and there's also the rest of the members on Otland that could help, but the person that posts a serious question, it must always be anwsered even if it's not a real solution.

The support team should at least have 1 person assigned to a specific area that is being frequently asked. If there's nobody in the support team that can be assigned to a question because of not enough knowlegde then a member that is avaible could look for smiliar problems or still try to help by using common sense and there's also the rest of the members on Otland that could help.

Will the support team be a limited number of users? I think it should be unlimited so everyone that is making a change should recieve a position.

4. How to apply to be a Support Team member?
You don't. Yes, there is no application process. I (or other Staff member) will appoint Support Team members myself. Members with recognizable reputation (not necessarily reputation points) will receive offer letters (private messages) from me. They will be able to accept or reject participation in this project.

After they are appointed as Support Team members, they have to keep minimum activity according to the rules (vacation periods are possible though) to maintain their status (otherwise they will be demoted). Permanent (life-long), honorary memberships might be awarded in future for extraordinary members and those do not have to maintain the minimum activity.

There are no guidelines how to obtain an offer letter, nor we publish any requirements or appointment methods. However, if you hold skills mentioned in first section and are known to the Support Board users and moderators, post politely and professionally, there is a good chance you might get an offer.

There is no limit to the number of users we can appoint. I would love to appoint all of you and give you all the benefits if you satisfy the requirements. However, there is some capacity to what we can keep control of. Don't be sad if you don't get appointed despite your hard work. We might offer you participation later or we might have missed you (probable if you are a ninja). This is why sometimes it is acceptable for other members to nominate someone for the participation in this program and such nomination will be evaluated.
So yes I think so...

How could everyone join it for fun? They'll ASK if you would like to accept the offer or reject.

If people read what I just posted they'd see that you can't just join, you have to prove worthy basically.

Back