• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Is anyone feeling generous enough to explain this for me through TeamViewer?

Tibia Leaves

Reaction score

I want to accomplish this ^ I want to be able to login on an OT server that 'I' made.

I have Uniserve, Xammp, Ip Changer, Multi-Ip-Changer, 7.6./9.6/10.98/7.72 client, I have YurOTS 7.6 divinity, I have Znote AAC Master, and the list goes on, I have the Forgotten Server 0.2.15. I've been at this for 13 hours and I still have not been able to logon to a single OT server that I've created except some 10.98 because Kronera made a perfect Tutorial. I've tried YurOTS 7.6, YurOTS 7.6 Divinity, TheForgotten Server 0.2.15, Thunder TIger 9.0, and I still havn't had success.

I genuinely believe I could compress 20-50 hours of learning if I simply watched someone do this, even if they don't say anything; because as of now I'm about to blow my brains out, this is the most frustrating thing I've ever done. I'm asking to have the privilege of watching. You wouldn't need to explain anything to me.
Teamviewer. Skype. WhatsApp. Whatever.

If you're out there, please.

Thank you for listening, Leaves

Last edited:
Hey again, on another thread,

you'll most probably not achieve that, at least not in 20-50 hours of learning if you have no experience at all.

Try to understand each part of the tutorial, there is nothing much different from setting up a 10.98 server than a 7.6 or whatever, open tibia servers work pretty much the same when run with a database instead of XML, minding the part that you haven't touched either the source code or any script.

I could set up a server and show it to you, but I don't think that would really make you understand anything at all, you'd probably be able to memorize every step, the goal isn't that though, you should learn why to do such steps and what they're there for, specially in order to be able to debug or sort problems out later on.

Sadly I think it won't stop there, as soon as you login you'll feel the deep need to modify stuff, unfortunatelly the stuff you'll want to modify will not be inside config.lua which will lead in you opening other threads on those subjects.

I took a little bit of time (1-2 minutes to write this reply and another 2 minutes browsing the forum) and found exactly what you're looking for, as you want to follow steps of a video, here you go: VIDEO TUTORIAL: From nothing to a fully working OT server, website and shop system (https://otland.net/threads/video-tutorial-from-nothing-to-a-fully-working-ot-server-website-and-shop-system.166818/)

Best Wishes,
Okke

Best Wishes,
Okke

First of all thank you for replying, every little bit helps and I do appreciate it.

Unforunately I have already VIDEO TUTORIAL: From nothing to a fully working OT server, website and shop system (https://otland.net/threads/video-tutorial-from-nothing-to-a-fully-working-ot-server-website-and-shop-system.166818/) tried this. I got stuck at 13:53 Timestamp in the video the part where he finally opens the server by loading TheForgottenServer right before he loaded the client to login. I got the error: " Loading database driver. Failed to connect tooooooooooooooooooobase. MYSQWL ERROR: Can't connect ERROR: Failed to connect to database. read doc/MYSQL_HELP for information or try SQL. "

I understand what you're saying: I won't know everything by watching someone but at this point after 15 hours straight I've hit so many walls I'm just ready to give up. I literally have tried 3+ video tutorials, 4+ article tutorials and I just can't get it. I'm, frankly, getting depressed by repeatedly getting so close and then each time I try to actually load a server or login to a loaded server I fail. I recognize that my drive will never be satisfied just by breaching that threshold, and I will continue to learn after reaching it, but at this point I just want to see something for my time. I wanted to have it up and running and show my Brother: that was my first goal 15 hours ago and it's extremely frustrating that I have been shot down by 'codez' at essentially the same obstacle point. People have told me now repeatedly that in under an hour it's cake to get a server up, even one as early as 7.6 and yet I feel I'm languishing here asking MYSELF "I BELIEVE YOU BUT HOW?"

Again I thank you for listening to me, if you think there's anyway you would be willing to show me I TRULY WILL BE THANKFUL, I noticed you said you think you can, however if you can't because of time or yes because it won't really help me I do accept that. Nonetheless I think simply seeing someone successfully do it will raise my spirits so much. Besides that if you could explain that error or why you think it failed when loaded TheForgottenServer via that VideoTutorial you mentioned it would also be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time, really

Leaves

Edit: "there is nothing much different from setting up a 10.98 server than a 7.6 or whatever," That does make me feel good though.

First of all thank you for replying, every little bit helps and I do appreciate it.

Unforunately I have already VIDEO TUTORIAL: From nothing to a fully working OT server, website and shop system (https://otland.net/threads/video-tutorial-from-nothing-to-a-fully-working-ot-server-website-and-shop-system.166818/) tried this. I got stuck at 13:53 Timestamp in the video the part where he finally opens the server by loading TheForgottenServer right before he loaded the client to login. I got the error: " Loading database driver. Failed to connect tooooooooooooooooooobase. MYSQWL ERROR: Can't connect ERROR: Failed to connect to database. read doc/MYSQL_HELP for information or try SQL. "

I understand what you're saying: I won't know everything by watching someone but at this point after 15 hours straight I've hit so many walls I'm just ready to give up. I literally have tried 3+ video tutorials, 4+ article tutorials and I just can't get it. I'm, frankly, getting depressed by repeatedly getting so close and then each time I try to actually load a server or login to a loaded server I fail. I recognize that my drive will never be satisfied just by breaching that threshold, and I will continue to learn after reaching it, but at this point I just want to see something for my time. I wanted to have it up and running and show my Brother: that was my first goal 15 hours ago and it's extremely frustrating that I have been shot down by 'codez' at essentially the same obstacle point. People have told me now repeatedly that in under an hour it's cake to get a server up, even one as early as 7.6 and yet I feel I'm languishing here asking MYSELF "I BELIEVE YOU BUT HOW?"

Again I thank you for listening to me, if you think there's anyway you would be willing to show me I TRULY WILL BE THANKFUL, I noticed you said you think you can, however if you can't because of time or yes because it won't really help me I do accept that. Nonetheless I think simply seeing someone successfully do it will raise my spirits so much. Besides that if you could explain that error or why you think it failed when loaded TheForgottenServer via that VideoTutorial you mentioned it would also be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time, really

Leaves

Edit: "there is nothing much different from setting up a 10.98 server than a 7.6 or whatever," That does make me feel good though.
you are not setting database properly
Code:
Loading database driver. Failed to connect tooooooooooooooooooobase. MYSQWL ERROR: Can't connect ERROR: Failed to connect to database. read doc/MYSQL_HELP for information or try SQL. "
i think you are not concentrated watching the tutorial

Back