• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Is CIP behind OT?

For most of people yes, it is. I wouldn't waste my time playing real tibia again.
I get what you mean, tbh. I left it cus it takes too much time but I have to agree with him. Tibia is 100x better nowadays in anyway then back in the days. I'd never go back to 8.6. Ugh, hate that client. Future is better, same with league of legends. I'd rather stay with the current then the past. Things are moving forward, same with tibia. But tbh, RL tibia is like an OTS just that it's an OTS that's guaranteed to be worth to play rather then a new 100% RL tibia ots. Most people just wants cash nowadays, OTS are "dying" out cus nothing new is brought to the table and tbh. It's all just a big ass circle.

Where's the none pay-2-win ots where items in the game could actually have value? Miss those

Most people just wants cash nowadays, OTS are "dying" out cus nothing new is brought to the table

Where's the none pay-2-win ots where items in the game could actually have value?
indeed when money is the main motivation the results in game are poor

I 've created something unique in the way we experience Tibia in my OT Rookgaard Tales. But people just hate slow exp game and no farming. No one dares to invest time for fun in exploring and discovering if they are not profiting it is sad but in the future when everybody gets tired of the same shit, the way I do things will become the new standar I mean in gameplay only.

I have a pay to win shop that's how I survived for one and half year now, however I make sure everything gets in game in quests and fun content.

Why Cipsoft can't do that? Just imagine a new quest to tame those new dragon mounts in some secret dragon nest or somethig that would be so cool. Insthead they just keep adding things to their shop and people buys it, also this way of make things becomes the new standar in every OT wich is sad. Some famous OT has to make things like I do to drag players like Aurera Global or something, this would make Cip introduce quests and content ingame for all their shitty shop items, also I miss the RPG in Tibia.

Tibia used to be my favorite game and I respected the game and the company so much for the years of fun. Now... They are only a shadow of what they used to be, and also us. We 've changed and our quality of demands, that's why games are in decadence.

Have you played any ps4 or ps5 title recently? The dificulty is laughable, like no consequences or danger at all, in every game, they are like watching a movie. I hate that. What's wrong with us? We need to demand hard gameplay, exciting experiences, you know like in the 90's. Back then the games had so much quality of content.
I get that point, in the OTS i am creating. It's always action and the pay-2-win I am gathering inside it to "stay alive" = outfits, house decoration etc. NOTHING that can break the game. This includes almost no items will even be for sale. Only available in quests + events which means that the shop in-game will gain value instead. I like it this way.
Sadly, you can't have both ways.

When it comes to CIP, it's kind of obv. why,
look at their players. Look at the amount of staff's they have. Including look at the years it's been alive. There's no argue that a game company needs profits in-order to even be a company like that. If it wasn't the game would be dead, less updates etc. much less playable and secure. Hell, even come to an end.

Cip is like any other company, however. They are not focusing on pay-2-win in item form. They're selling outfits, and those kind of things. Exercise weapons, ofc this is classed as pay-2-win cus of the amount rich people can buy to support cip but gain more skills which = to dmg or healing.
It's unfair but nothing game breaking which makes Cip already better then any other OTS to be created.

I'd rather start playing RL tibia then an "Legit" rl map OTS where i can't bot for profits + level to sell something to gain IRL stuff.
It's dead, rather spend my time on an custom OTS to play legit.

- Also, one thing players or people don't get is why OTS are dying. Why people won't play on their servers etc. etc.
There's lots of reasons and me alone could name a 100 of them, there's alot of good posts I came across that speaks out but people rather listen to their own words then take notes. You have to be unique.

is CIP behind OTS ?
answer is no :: how did i know that ?
well in 03/03/2013 i sent an e-mail to CIP support asking them to buy source 8.60 from them
and this was my message

Code:
Hey CipSoft GmbH
You may know about the own tibia servers that every one do them

so i wonder if there is a way to buy a fully good source from you
i need source of client 8.60

if it's possible just send me replay and tell me how much this source will cost?

i am ready to buy it at anytime

feel free to tell me anything .

and the answer of reply that they sent to me
Code:
Deat Tibia player,

We are sorry to tell you that buying a source isn't possible and about servers you told us about.

We don't have any responsible or own them.

You should know that the only site for our game is
http://www.tibia.com

Kind regards,
Your CipSoft Team

so i don't think they even care about OTS
for sure they are not behind ots, but bro, common? do you really think they would reply you back saying "yes, we will sell the sources", like, wtf? lmao

They are literally the little kids and spawns of the same occult sect that runs the Vatican, fyi, so the 'pay 2 win' was not their idea it's really just the continuation of the catholic tradition.

Rape a child, get the parents to pay you for it.. way of the world, in these circles.

Technocrats = New priestclasss, nothing new really

this pay to win stuff was caused by players themselves. buying runes, characters, gold, items etc from eachother for real money outside the game

even if their shop offered premium account only, players make tibia pay-2-win

Only pvp was better back in old days, thats it
Tibia now is 100x better in all ways lol
Literally everything was better in old days. Pvp system, the hunting was funnier and actually challenging rather than just pressing 3 buttons over and over. There was real and interesting mysteries. The wars had actual backbone on them cuz there was people who actually had beef between the guilds and they were legit fighting over control over certain areas. Tibia "now" isnt tibia.

On the topic. No CIP does not own otservers. They could just open tibia worlds with old clients and get thousands of old players back who never even played otservers. They would make huge amounts of money off people buying prem alone. Imagine if there was 7.4 worlds and 8.0 worlds. Sadly whoever takes the decisions at CIP either lacks the ability to think or they just cant do it for some reason. But no i dont think cip sponsored/owns unofficial servers.

Literally everything was better in old days
I agree with You, but that point is not true
One thing that's better in new tibia is RPG part. You can do a lot of things (quests, tasks, hunts) and never run out of content, meanwhile in old tibia you were forced to hunt only and help with quest services.
But this RPG in new tibia is very boring (for me) because it provides 0 challenge and it is based on smashing 2,3 hotkeys

I agree with You, but that point is not true
One thing that's better in new tibia is RPG part. You can do a lot of things (quests, tasks, hunts) and never run out of content, meanwhile in old tibia you were forced to hunt only and help with quest services.
But this RPG in new tibia is very boring (for me) because it provides 0 challenge and it is based on smashing 2,3 hotkeys
I disagree with you because even when back in the days (as you says) there was very tittle content comparted to today, you hadn't the ugly wikipedia. Without wikipedia, you had to ask to more experienced players in order to solve certain quests, not to mention draconia or paradox tower, how to get into the MOLS i.e. All the changes (boh on dwarf geomancers, steel boots in fire devils, naginata quest in cyclopolis, etc etc) never were announced or documented, so you always heard stories of someone who knows someone who swear to god that got something out of something else, but it happened barely or no longer and nobody could tell if it was true or not. That only made tibia very special, if you add the fact everything in the game (not only the market) was based in the player community and interactions, other than reading wikipedia and playing solo-style.
Of course to this day you could play without wikipedia, but it's not the same, even the npcs highlights with blue color the keywords lol...

tibia.com is just another generic OT, like a baby baiak now. Sadly, very few people cares about the old tibia days, or hard gameplay servers with mysteries and rpg content.
i do care xd

People can not accept the fact that new tibia is compared to old tibia better
KInda cringe people still starting discussions over and over about "old tibia and new tibia"

In what terms new tibia is better than tibia 7.4> ?
Tibia is designed for older people now. People who have lives. They had to make that change (yes they get new kids playing) but the new kids like new tibia and the old players don't have time to invest 8 hours of their life to get 1 skill level.

I agree with both of you, tibia have more stuff to do and better graphics, it's easier too, but if that's the case, in late 2021 you would rather play WOW, New World, etc etc that are vastly superior in those matters. The only reason why someone would still play a 2d game nowadays is because you can't afford a better hardware or you simple just like 2d games, which there already exist a plenty.
Honestly i don't feel new tibia is better than old tibia, my point is, none of the games that exist to this day does give you the thrill, comunity-dependence and mysteries that tibia gave you back then, but there are a lot of games that gives you what tibia gives you today.

I agree with both of you, tibia have more stuff to do and better graphics, it's easier too, but if that's the case, in late 2021 you would rather play WOW, New World, etc etc that are vastly superior in those matters. The only reason why someone would still play a 2d game nowadays is because you can't afford a better hardware or you simple just like 2d games, which there already exist a plenty.
Honestly i don't feel new tibia is better than old tibia, my point is, none of the games that exist to this day does give you the thrill, comunity-dependence and mysteries that tibia gave you back then, but there are a lot of games that gives you what tibia gives you today.
That's why they had to make the change. There are so many options that they need to keep up with. It's true that old tibia has its role and they should release an old-school server just as many other companies are doing but they should also keep their game updating as much as possible.

That's why they had to make the change. There are so many options that they need to keep up with. It's true that old tibia has its role and they should release an old-school server just as many other companies are doing but they should also keep their game updating as much as possible.
I completely agree with you, there is no discussion about the way they followed. My point is, in my opinion, old tibia was superior than the current version because of the facts i explained before (which you can't find in any other game until this day) of course current tibia will be better than it was back in 2004 => in terms of content, graphics, etc.

That's because old tibia was based on ultima. Very heavily inspired. Around 7.6 update they stopped doing it. You can notice how different tiquanda was from anything else they've made. It was the turning point in which they took their own path. Compare rookgaard or thais surroundings to liberty bay, svargrond or zao. These new places feel less retro/magical, the spacings are different, the landmarks are less remarkable, the charm is gone. Another problem of tibia is scaling speed. You don't feel the thrill of exploring low levels areas anymore because you don't sit on level 20 for months. It's a race now. Everyone speedruns level 100. Another thing is that cip kept things mysteries too long. If these were solveable, people wouldn't be that discouraged from researching anything. The mystery of in-game boss Samael revived that movement a bit, but if it remains unsolvable for too long, another generation of lore ignorers will grow.

There is no rookgaard arena behind amber sleeping room anymore :(

Back