• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Is CipSoft translating Tibia into multiple languages?!

TibiCAM

Advanced OT User
Reaction score
CipSoft appears to have posted a job ad, looking for someone to implement localization into Tibia. Take a look:

Are they going to translate Tibia into more languages?
It wouldn't make sense to translate items, signs, names or all the NPC transcripts, but perhaps the UI?

They are desperately trying to get new players to the game.

CipSoft appears to have posted a job ad, looking for someone to implement localization into Tibia. Take a look:

It wouldn't make sense to translate items, signs, names or all the NPC transcripts, but perhaps the UI?

It makes perfect sense for me, playing Tibia when you're from an spanish language country mostly is looking at guides, interactions with NPCs have a lot of hints of what you should and shouldn't do for example in missions, things that are totally missed by some spanish natives (they don't talk english or lose interest on it because it is on english).

translate would be a waste of time, imagine translating all the npcs xd, they could use the time for improvements and real advertisings

That's why you are on a forum about their game 28 years after the release, duh?
I am on a forum related to their game. But with the freedom and choice to revert the stupid choices they made. It says it all when there are more people developing and playing unofficial servers than the official ones...

But if you got offended by my opinion, I apologise. Didn't realise the woke had infiltrated OTLand... awwwww.

I am on a forum related to their game. But with the freedom and choice to revert the stupid choices they made. It says it all when there are more people developing and playing unofficial servers than the official ones...

But if you got offended by my opinion, I apologise. Didn't realise the woke had infiltrated OTLand... awwwww.
Season 4 What GIF by The Office

translate would be a waste of time, imagine translating all the npcs xd, they could use the time for improvements and real advertisings

Definitely not a waste of time. Translate the game is something much basic nowadays. The first step to make a marketing and user acquisition campaign is to have the translations, maybe they are aiming it in near future.
Also, they are not using a developer or a manager to work on the translations front, they are hiring someone to do that.
There are companies that their job is just to translate things to softwares/games. Probably the vacancy is to actually work on the code to use the localizations keys

It took 25 years to add sound to the game, imagine translating the game into Portuguese, Spanish, Polish, etc. Another 10 more years.

That's why you are on a forum about their game 28 years after the release, duh?
Its true that statement wasnt really in the topic, still their bussiness plan its greedy af, i joined otland community just for the 7.4-8.6 era, other than that i despise the rest

Back