• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Is it possible to make a true singleplayer opentibia?

lyaver

Reaction score
Hello, I was wondering if it is possible to that. I am not talking about running a server on localhost, but a true singleplayer offline Tibia.

Hello, I was wondering if it is possible to that. I am not talking about running a server on localhost, but a true singleplayer offline Tibia.
Of course it is. The game client itself already has most of the code needed to do that.

The client is made in a way to receive a lot of data and instructions about what to do from a server it is connected to. All the functions like - draw a sprite, draw a creature, move a creature somewhere, etc. already exist in the client, except it is waiting for a server to instruct it when to execute them.

If you cut out the server as a provider for these instructions and code in a way where all of this logic is supplied locally within files shipped with the client, you can make independent singleplayer content.

Of course it is. The game client itself already has most of the code needed to do that.

The client is made in a way to receive a lot of data and instructions about what to do from a server it is connected to. All the functions like - draw a sprite, draw a creature, move a creature somewhere, etc. already exist in the client, except it is waiting for a server to instruct it when to execute them.

If you cut out the server as a provider for these instructions and code in a way where all of this logic is supplied locally within files shipped with the client, you can make independent singleplayer content.
Thank you very much for replying me, I will try to do that as a side project.

Last edited:
Back