• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Is it possible to set player names not to display?

Drakkhan

Illuria Project Lead
Reaction score
Does anyone think this is possible?:

I'm looking to set up a talkaction that allows the player to declare whether others can see their name or not.

Example:

Player "John" walks up to player "Jane", neither of their names can be seen by the other, but each can see their own name. John says:

"!i Jane"

Now, Jane can see John's name above him, always.

Bump?

"#i Jane" command? I'm guessing this isn't possible, or no one with the capability to speculate has time to do so..

I figured as much... I just know that there are thing like the gamemaster's invisibility which cancel out the ability to view names... just wondering if there was any server side method of doing that..

Code:
msg->put<char>(0xA0);
in protocolgame.cpp as i think 0xA0 = player name
since it is the only put<char>
you can edit it to what you want

Thank you!, do you think it would be possible to edit it so that certain players can only see names of other players if they have been introduced to the other player?

Back