• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Is it possible to use RME on a 7.6 YurOTS-master engine?

Tibia Leaves

Reaction score
PLEASE MOVE THIS TO SUPPORT FORUM AS IT VIOLATES RULES --- I JUST LEARNED

Is it possible to use RME on a 7.6 YurOTS-master engine?

Thanks, figuring this out one step at a time.

Leaves

Last edited:
you have to download XVI32 and after editing map DLETE bytes that end with world-house.otbm or in that case yurots is test-house.otbm into test-spawns.xml and let it end with i think 52 byte after .xml its whatever is after houses they cause the otbm error failed to load map 2

Hmmm

What is XVI32?

I'm on a 10.98 map that I just made with RME, logged in and everyting, so I actually am beginning to understand what you mean when you say otbm.

""""and let it end with i think 52 byte after .xml its whatever is after houses they cause the otbm error failed to load map 2 """"

Are you saying that I need to build a custom map for 7.6 in RME. Then delete all the world data in YurOTS and replace it with the RME custom map data? Replace the one otbm with another?

no i am saying there is map in /data/world it is called test.otbm you can edit that map it is yurots Map i am saying if you save it in RME however you need to edit the BYTES that end the map within binary text editor so it does not encode it as binary code test.otbm test-spawns.xml test-houses.xml but instead test.otb test-spawns.xml let me explain via picture i will edit this message within second
good .png is basic yurots map saved
better.png is you need to delete all boxes between spawn and blue box os that after spawn it is FE instead of 00 (empty space ) and test-house.xml cant exist

deleted is what needs to be done for the yurots.exe to be able to read notice how i removed all boxes between spawns.xml and the weird p kinda looking symbol so that spawn.xml now ends with it/ and houses is gone

Attachments

i cried for a lot of weeks when i used to be 12 and couldnt have my map read hence i started binary reading and got to the desired point anyways i moved from yurots it is buggy and unworthy a server unless it is localhost 4fun

no i am saying there is map in /data/world it is called test.otbm you can edit that map it is yurots Map i am saying if you save it in RME however you need to edit the BYTES that end the map within binary text editor so it does not encode it as binary code test.otbm test-spawns.xml test-houses.xml but instead test.otb test-spawns.xml let me explain via picture i will edit this message within second
good .png is basic yurots map saved
better.png is you need to delete all boxes between spawn and blue box os that after spawn it is FE instead of 00 (empty space ) and test-house.xml cant exist

deleted is what needs to be done for the yurots.exe to be able to read notice how i removed all boxes between spawns.xml and the weird p kinda looking symbol so that spawn.xml now ends with it/ and houses is gone

Ye, that's completely beyond me for now. I don't even know what I'm looking at.

Do you guys think it's even worth it to try to build a functional 7.6 server out (preferably starting with RL Maps, and custom if you can't do that) of a YurOTS? Or is there a better way?

Edit: You answered my question before I even asked it!

I just want to be able to have a functional 7.4 server or earlier. Whatever way that is possible. I think I'm lucky that you can do RME with 7.4 (That's correct right?)

I have to find an engine?
I have to find RL Maps?
I have to learn how to put RL Maps into Engine?
I, then have to, if I want customize the Map?
I, lastly would like to alter the rates (exp, skills, even monster exp?)?
And then a dream would be how to introduce monsters/bosses/raids in real-time AND create quests on the fly, even simple stufflike just a chest with an item in it.

go for the forgotten server crying damson 0.3.6 i believe it is for 7.6 anyways ( GO FOR 7.72 it has directx9!)

That sounds good. I'll take a 7.6/7.4 server over a 7.72 with Directx9 I think. I'm gonna check what the difference is with 7.72 and 7.6 right now.

I don't want wands/rods, nor faster regen which is what 7.6 did lol.

EDIT: BY THE WAY. THANK YOU!!! This is SO GREAT and SO HELPFUL. Making my day.

WOW. Good thing you made me check. It looks like 7.72 is vastly superior to 7.6. Wonderful. I can use either!

i have 7.4 server on 7.72 engine where it actually is : rods wands removed / potions and other game mechanics mimicing 7.4 but client is 7.72 for the sake of directx9!

That sounds awesome. How do I get that?

Does it have RL 7.4-7.72 MAPS?
Does it have monsters that work?
Does it have NPCs that work?

It sounds like getting a 7.72 up vs a 10.98 is not really that different at all?

But to get it so wands/rods removed, mimicing mechanics, and things like quests and npcs are tough?

Leaves

most of mechanics as we speak is spell cost / exhaust / manapotion and healpotion + runes rates and other non essential stuff it is also a lot of pre-balanced mechanics such as damage calculators
but yeah check out distributions forum there is 7.72 based servers removing wands is as easy as deleting them out of items.xml and from buyable npcs really.

That sounds awesome. How do I get that?

its kinda like aids you just do.

Last edited:
You can edit the yurots src to skip housefile, housetiles and house-door-id's and it'll be fine. Another, probably easier because you only have to comment some code lines, option is to edit the rme iomap_otbm.cpp to no longer save them

Back