• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Is it possible to wipe the current maps in say a Pre-Built Functional YurOTS 7.6 Server and replace them with RL Tibia Maps?

Tibia Leaves

Reaction score
PLEASE MOVE THIS TO SUPPORT FORUM AS IT VIOLATES THE RULES --- I JUST LEARNED

Is it possible to wipe the current maps in say a Pre-Built Functional YurOTS 7.6 Server and replace them with RL Tibia Maps?

A kind of delete all, drag/paste all? Can something like that work? I'm trying to figure out the simplest and least demanding way of having authentic RL Tibia Maps. They don't have to be fully complete, they don't have to be fully accurate. But general, ya know. Even just something like Thais.

Thank you, wouldn't be as far as I am without this Board.

Leaves

Last edited:

A kind of delete all, drag/paste all? Can something like that work? I'm trying to figure out the simplest and least demanding way of having authentic RL Tibia Maps. They don't have to be fully complete, they don't have to be fully accurate. But general, ya know. Even just something like Thais.

Thank you, wouldn't be as far as I am without this Board.

Leaves
Well, basic mapping functions in RME like holding Shift -> left click down -> drag mouse -> left click up
Allows you to select multiple tiles.
If you hold shift+ctrl+mouse drag you can select multiple locations.
Then use the +- on the numpad to move between floors..
This would allow you to select everything in Thais, which you could then copy paste anywhere you want to.

Test with a single house first though. I think your mouse cursor in relation to the selected area plays a part in where the pasted item will show up.
Anything larger then a town with this method would be really slow to copy/paste.. and definitely don't try to drag-drop this many tiles at once. It will either lag indefinitely.. or crash the program.

If you did city-size relocations and spent a few hours on it, I'm sure you could copy-paste the entire real tibia map into another map.

You could also try opening a 'blank map' in a new tab, then using the map merge function. (file -> import -> import map)
This would be the faster way.. but depending on the map versions... it might go badly.
I've only ever used this feature once before.

Sorry, I'm terrible with map editors since I use them so infrequently.

Well, basic mapping functions in RME like holding Shift -> left click down -> drag mouse -> left click up
Allows you to select multiple tiles.
If you hold shift+ctrl+mouse drag you can select multiple locations.
Then use the +- on the numpad to move between floors..
This would allow you to select everything in Thais, which you could then copy paste anywhere you want to.

Test with a single house first though. I think your mouse cursor in relation to the selected area plays a part in where the pasted item will show up.
Anything larger then a town with this method would be really slow to copy/paste.. and definitely don't try to drag-drop this many tiles at once. It will either lag indefinitely.. or crash the program.

If you did city-size relocations and spent a few hours on it, I'm sure you could copy-paste the entire real tibia map into another map.

You could also try opening a 'blank map' in a new tab, then using the map merge function. (file -> import -> import map)
This would be the faster way.. but depending on the map versions... it might go badly.
I've only ever used this feature once before.

Sorry, I'm terrible with map editors since I use them so infrequently.

That was extremely helpful. Thank you Xikini. I guess one of my questions is can you quote unquote delete all the 'map files in the given folder where map files are and then just drop map files from another folder from maps you got somewhere else'?

Still the fact that you can, in RME, do whole cities is encouraging.

Thank you so much,

Leaves

That was extremely helpful. Thank you Xikini. I guess one of my questions is can you quote unquote delete all the 'map files in the given folder where map files are and then just drop map files from another folder from maps you got somewhere else'?

Still the fact that you can, in RME, do whole cities is encouraging.

Thank you so much,

Leaves
Yeah you can definitely drag-drop other maps into the folder, as long as they are the correct tibia client version for your server.
Just make sure to rename the files to match config.lua, or change config.lua to match the new map files
Lua:
mapName = "map_name_here.otbm"

Back