• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Is it time for otservers with steeper exp curve than on cipbia?

Gryffian

ununderstandable
Reaction score
With levels over 1600, reaching 100 in a week on newly opened server, cipbia is more like OT than it has ever been before.
Do you think some people would now appreciate a server where its harder to level up than on cipbia, so that top players are not light years ahead in terms of hp, mana, etc.?
For me it got to the point where it's just ridiculous. Many fun quests, challenges, even training became too easy.

maybe lowering some new creatures their EXP, or do not use their map and make sure these creatures wont come in the packs as they are right now.

I am talking about changing exp tables so its more demanding on high levels. Not just lowering the exp.
that can be done already by adjusting exp stages properly - same result
if you want to close the levels gap, just give the players that are behind higher exp rate

that can be done already by adjusting exp stages properly - same result
if you want to close the levels gap, just give the players that are behind higher exp rate
it's very similar but still not the same

I talked with friends about one post from 4chan today, one guy was comparing old Tibia to WoW. Why in his opinion it was better game x years ago. The funny thing is that everything he mentioned as positive thing, was turned into WoWy thing and doesn't exist today. Tibia turned into a singleplayer game set in a multiplayer world, sadly. You don't need other players to enjoy this game, so from business point of view it's better because you as a solo player will not stuck in certain places and you should (in theory) have more fun playing. But is it really better? Tibia was simplified much over many years and there are no new players (marketing is other thing).

With levels over 1600, reaching 100 in a week on newly opened server
@Gryffian Which one? The latest 3 worlds got 300+ lvls.

I talked with friends about one post from 4chan today, one guy was comparing old Tibia to WoW. Why in his opinion it was better game x years ago. The funny thing is that everything he mentioned as positive thing, was turned into WoWy thing and doesn't exist today. Tibia turned into a singleplayer game set in a multiplayer world, sadly. You don't need other players to enjoy this game, so from business point of view it's better because you as a solo player will not stuck in certain places and you should (in theory) have more fun playing. But is it really better? Tibia was simplified much over many years and there are no new players (marketing is other thing).

@Gryffian Which one? The latest 3 worlds got 300+ lvls.
I mean 100+ on new worlds. 1600+ in general

It's no secret that cip have been leeching ideas and content from ots since the start lol

The whole point of an mmo, especially like tibia is that you are rewarded for your time played. In tibia that's more hp/mana/damage. There is absolutely no way around this, a minority will always excel and be lightyears ahead no matter what you do because they can spend more time on the game.

A better solution is making low levels not feel left out, give them watered down versions of the cool stuff so they can experience it and look forward to truly experiencing it later on. Meaningful teamhunts at lvl 13? Best part of oldschool tibia. Teamhunt at lvl 13 on rl or these stupid ots? waste of time.

Unfortunately the community is vile and the hosters are even worse so a genuinely good server is not currently possible because it will have no players. I fear OT is dead, i came back to the forums hoping i was wrong but the longer i stay the more it sinks in. So, no i don't think anyone would appreciate another 'hard' or low exp server. They have been done to death just like evo and 'oldschool' and there's just no interest.

If you try to cap people out so the average level stays the same then it's just another war server.

It's no secret that cip have been leeching ideas and content from ots since the start lol

The whole point of an mmo, especially like tibia is that you are rewarded for your time played. In tibia that's more hp/mana/damage. There is absolutely no way around this, a minority will always excel and be lightyears ahead no matter what you do because they can spend more time on the game.

A better solution is making low levels not feel left out, give them watered down versions of the cool stuff so they can experience it and look forward to truly experiencing it later on. Meaningful teamhunts at lvl 13? Best part of oldschool tibia. Teamhunt at lvl 13 on rl or these stupid ots? waste of time.

Unfortunately the community is vile and the hosters are even worse so a genuinely good server is not currently possible because it will have no players. I fear OT is dead, i came back to the forums hoping i was wrong but the longer i stay the more it sinks in. So, no i don't think anyone would appreciate another 'hard' or low exp server. They have been done to death just like evo and 'oldschool' and there's just no interest.

If you try to cap people out so the average level stays the same then it's just another war server.
Why do you think OT is dead? Population on "otservlisted" servers is quite stable and there is a lot more servers not added to this list.

Last edited:
Why do you think OT is dead? Population on "otservlisted" servers is quite stable and there is a lot more servers not added to this list.

Counting ever increasing bots, a declining population, a severe lack of variety and the disgraceful lack of the O in OT isn't my definition of stable or alive.

It's also ridiculously hard to make a server for fun these days so there's almost no new members taking it up. This is exactly how something dies. People leave and then no one replaces them.

OT is dead. This forum has some amazing people and i really hope the community can come together and revive it, but the sheer fact that there's anyone registered here that isn't aware of the dire state of OT (dead as dead can be) is not good news. It just further impedes progress by denying the facts.

I think it'd be a good idea to implement proper exp stages and then, if a certain player achieves top1 in level, increase the rates for the players below him so that they can catch up. There would be a formula in place that'd add an exp multiplier to the players that are behind (10% more exp for every few levels difference) or something like that. Might be a nice addition to 4fun highrate/midrate servers where a day or two of offline time can cost you falling behind by 30-40 levels

I do not see anything wrong with it

No one has the motivation to level up for years to reach a level like "100"

You dying of boringness

Everyone gets older
The community is old
Tibia lives from old players
I doubt theres many "new players"

I think Dura put a nice system for their 1x server(actually 1.2x). They have plenty of exploration right-click quests that gives plenty of exp, think I read that they have around 350 of these quests and in total they will all give around 6kk exp. There is almost a guarantee that you will find one in each normal quest that you know of from retail.

Counting ever increasing bots, a declining population, a severe lack of variety and the disgraceful lack of the O in OT isn't my definition of stable or alive.

It's also ridiculously hard to make a server for fun these days so there's almost no new members taking it up. This is exactly how something dies. People leave and then no one replaces them.

OT is dead. This forum has some amazing people and i really hope the community can come together and revive it, but the sheer fact that there's anyone registered here that isn't aware of the dire state of OT (dead as dead can be) is not good news. It just further impedes progress by denying the facts.
I love that argument "declining population". Few years ago there was more botters than today but players online number is still almost the same.

What's hard about making server for fun? I don't get your point. It's way easier than before. Maybe you wanted to write something like: "there is less servers made for fun"? Then I can agree, but you know, almost everyone is past high school and won't spend time making sErVEr fOR fUn and host it at home. Just deal with it, people got jobs or they study and don't want to spend more time on voluntary work for fun of the other people. Childhood is over.

And yes, I agree that some people (like you) registered here are not aware of OT state. Just check servers advertised on this forum. If you're spending time here on forum thinking where's everyone, that's an answer - they're playing on those servers.

Not at all, in perspective of EXP per hour many retro servers are technically slower than real tibia already. They typically don't last that long and die out. There are a few that have beat those odds and hold high player counts like Medevia and after all these years the highest level is nowhere near real tibia.

I love that argument "declining population". Few years ago there was more botters than today but players online number is still almost the same.

What's hard about making server for fun? I don't get your point. It's way easier than before. Maybe you wanted to write something like: "there is less servers made for fun"? Then I can agree, but you know, almost everyone is past high school and won't spend time making sErVEr fOR fUn and host it at home. Just deal with it, people got jobs or they study and don't want to spend more time on voluntary work for fun of the other people. Childhood is over.

And yes, I agree that some people (like you) registered here are not aware of OT state. Just check servers advertised on this forum. If you're spending time here on forum thinking where's everyone, that's an answer - they're playing on those servers.
You're part of the problem then. You can't see the issues and refuse to accept them when presented. It's very typical of dying communities to display this behaviour.

I mean... You've said there's less botters today than there used be for Christ sake. Imagine actually saying that at a time when all bots are cracked and widely available, several new bots are out and even the client has one built in now. You've just discredited yourself completely.

You're blind and this is off topic, see you around.

even with 2x exp on my server, players level MUCH slower than real tibia.
highest level is around 170 taken months to reach that!

Personally i think the number going up faster matters too much to people, its all about how things are balanced in my opinion.

If you make it interesting, low exp is a good way to set yourself apart imo

Back