• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Is it worth doing an RPG/PVP ots in 2022?

Joriku

Working in the mines, need something?
Solutions
Reaction score
YouTube
Joriku
As the title says, is it a good idea to go for a custom ot?

It may already be a thread up, but I had no luck in finding it.

Is it worth getting into a weak start and release it up for public and work hard behind the scenes and release the updates for the small player base the ot will have or should I just do as everyone else and take a real map base and make things into my taste?

Since I'd care more for small donations to keep server running and keep the pay2win off the server, I'd rather keep a small player base then a big one for cash only since I'm into two things. IT and content creation.

So is it worth it?

Update:
Failed to mention, my old project took me 4-5 months straight work which was a re-make of an full on PVP server. Evolera, which in my eyes failed after the beta release and I lost interest in the full pvp scene without any form of existing player base. So RPG with the beautiful pvp taste will be the 2-go.

Had ots even one good RPG server in the last 10 years? ( Not RL Projects )

Had ots even one good RPG server in the last 10 years? ( Not RL Projects )
Can't remember even playing any custom ones like I used to back 10 years ago LOL. Was thinking of doing an evolution but It be below 10 players online prob

Can't remember even playing any custom ones like I used to back 10 years ago LOL. Was thinking of doing an evolution but It be below 10 players online prob

U have better chance with an evo ot than a rpg xD trust me

True, people don't have really time to play RPG server, it's cool to do but most of players will choose some shit like evolunia or smth xD

True, people don't have really time to play RPG server, it's cool to do but most of players will choose some shit like evolunia or smth xD

Evolunia is not shit
its just better

noone wants to play a boring rpg server where u move with movement speed 10 haha

rpg is boring, make an evo ots, there is lack of good evo servers
Question is, low or high rates?
I'd prefer low myself so that's I guess the style I'll go for
Evolunia is not shit
its just better

noone wants to play a boring rpg server where u move with movement speed 10 haha
True, slow movement is soo bad..
True that, work seems to take most time of us..
Want to work with something cool instead of a normal boring job :D

Question is, low or high rates?
I'd prefer low myself so that's I guess the style I'll go for

True, slow movement is soo bad..

True that, work seems to take most time of us..
Want to work with something cool instead of a normal boring job :D
not like super high evo with 99999lvls but mid range kinda, same as evolunia, giveria and other "top" evo servers rates

not like super high evo with 99999lvls but mid range kinda, same as evolunia, giveria and other "top" evo servers rates
Alright, will keep it a little lower tho.
Is rebirth a good thing or a bad thing?

Then another question, teleports or no teleports?

Last edited:
There are a few custom / rpg servers that are doing very well, like rangers arcani, blacktalon, visionOT, archlight , etc

Also if you go and do something completely above the average in terms of quality, you can get more players than any baiak or global ot.

Just take Ravendawn as an example, it doesn't look like, but in theory its an custom/rpg OT

There are a few custom / rpg servers that are doing very well, like rangers arcani, blacktalon, visionOT, archlight , etc

Also if you go and do something completely above the average in terms of quality, you can get more players than any baiak or global ot.

Just take Ravendawn as an example, it doesn't look like, but in theory its an custom/rpg OT
Well, graphic wise. My skills are limited to stick figure, so I'd have to take public ones and do easy ones for me and buy them aswell.
And as an Global ot alone is a lot of work even taking OTBR as a start. Lots of quests out of function etc. etc. It'll be too much.

I'll do an Evolution but my own taste, I got some unique one :)
And yes, playing with sprites are fun. So I'll be keeping to that.

Question is, how would I gather a quick start?

Would I do a small start, cus I don't feel like putting heart and soul and 5 month of work again without any success.
So advertise the small start on Otservlist, Otland and so on then keep updating it?

What would be the wisest decision?

Well, graphic wise. My skills are limited to stick figure, so I'd have to take public ones and do easy ones for me and buy them aswell.
And as an Global ot alone is a lot of work even taking OTBR as a start. Lots of quests out of function etc. etc. It'll be too much.

I'll do an Evolution but my own taste, I got some unique one :)
And yes, playing with sprites are fun. So I'll be keeping to that.

Question is, how would I gather a quick start?

Would I do a small start, cus I don't feel like putting heart and soul and 5 month of work again without any success.
So advertise the small start on Otservlist, Otland and so on then keep updating it?

What would be the wisest decision?
in the end be it a thematic (like return of sayans, pxg, gla) ot, custom RPG, evo ot or global
the ots that do well, are the ones with higher quality...

So if you put the time (or money) on it, the chance to get more players are higher

Also I wouldn't go for exp rate too high, because people will get level too fast, do everything they can in the OT and leave

these are rpgs?
literally afk evo servers where you have inbuilt bots XDDDDDD

these are rpgs?
yeah that's why i said rpg / custom, could be either lmao

I never played them, but I think at least rangers arcani have good rpg or am i wrong?

Sry, but i don't even know the meaning of evo ots but im guessing its what BR people call baiaks, if so, yes blacktalon and vision kinda have that style, but they also have high quality features.

yeah that's why i said rpg / custom, could be either lmao

I never played them, but I think at least rangers arcani have good rpg or am i wrong?

Sry, but i don't even know the meaning of evo ots but im guessing its what BR people call baiaks, if so, yes blacktalon and vision kinda have that style, but they also have high quality features.
Got the base ready, going for updates. May be a bad idea but that's what I'll do. Starting small this time.
Going to advertise it and release out a city the day after or the day before launch. So Gengia for hunting spots.

Wish me luck!
these are rpgs?
I'll allow botting since it's 2022, people got other things to do and what they want to do. Sure, pvp bots are a different story.
So, there'll be no rules on the server except for pvp botting (I think).
Then the most basic stuff, respect towards the staff team. A free to do what ever you want server, going to be chaotic.

Attachments

Just keep it basic. Evolunia for example, relies "just" on an atrribute system that was constantly upgraded. There is no need to create awakening, rebirth or other systems. As a Player I personalny dont enjoy reading a book about a server systems to be able to understand it and play it

Just keep it basic. Evolunia for example, relies "just" on an atrribute system that was constantly upgraded. There is no need to create awakening, rebirth or other systems. As a Player I personalny dont enjoy reading a book about a server systems to be able to understand it and play it
Plain and simple, on my menu now.
Think I'll keep the basic tibia game style, that means with boats and walking and the original way of playing. However, I'll grab my own taste to the table.
Right now, it's as simple as evolution 8.6.

Back