• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling Is --large-address-aware linker required when compiling 64bit?

BeniS

Advanced OT User
Senator
Reaction score
As the title asks. I'm not sure if its required because I've been having some issues with my 64bit compiled server. Keeps halting and saying "Allocation of memory failed. Please reduce the size of your map or compile in 64bit." But I have already got it compiled under 64bit (using stians repack dev-cpp) running on an 8gb RAM server. Surely not running out of memory :S unless I have a memleak somewhere lol doubt it though.

Wondering if the --large-address-aware linker is required or maybe something else is going on. Appreciate any help I can get

EDIT: I have compiled it with --large-address-aware linker and it is still doing it. No idea whats up tbh.

Cheers,
Mav

Last edited:
  1. --large-address-aware won't work. it's supported by the compiler, but doesn't seem to change a thing
  2. you can't compile a 64-bit binary with the stuff you're using
  3. laatido isn't likely to work, as with the 1st statement. especially with 0.4, as i said countless times

1. --large-address-aware won't work. it's supported by the compiler, but doesn't seem to change a thing
  2. you can't compile a 64-bit binary with the stuff you're using
  3. laatido isn't likely to work, as with the 1st statement. especially with 0.4, as i said countless times

Do you know how I am able to make a 64bit binary? Its quite important.

you must use VC10. not the express one, it doesnt support x64

good luck though, you'll see what I meant once you try to do it yourself
.. or just switch to linux?

you must use VC10. not the express one, it doesnt support x64

good luck though, you'll see what I meant once you try to do it yourself
.. or just switch to linux?

Yea I've already tried getting fucking x64 for Visual Studio and I want to shoot myself in the head... I have full Visual Studio 2010 as a student, and still can't fucking get it lol Linux is floating closely in-front of me...

Back