• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Is this possible?

It's possible?

• Yes, but ...

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • It is not

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

Bayzel

Reaction score
I have a short question and maybe this sounds completely absurd, but the only thing that I love in life is to create OTs, and live on it. Is it possible to live on it?.

Having a custom server that generates between 2000-7000USD per month, and keep it over the years? (2-4 years)

I would like to dedicate several months to create a really good server (in my opinion), but then the negative thoughts come to me ... (And someday to get colleagues with whom to develop a videogame of their own .. like albion online)

I would like to know your opinion :p

Having a custom server that generates between 2000-7000USD per month, and keep it over the years? (2-4 years)
I personally think it is possible and worth to strive for.
However creating so good server which would attract attention enough to earn that money constantly for long periods of time you need something new, fresh and interesting.

Several months is not clearly enough, some of us have done it for years on and off with team and passion.
Some of us have dedicated years with no breaks.
And most still do not earn anything maybe opposite spend money to improve server faster.

Only you yourself can tell how much time or money you are willing to spend before you move on.

Definitely is possible, the sky is the limit, if you have the knowledge and qualification to do so is another entire thing. Impossible for anyone here to judge without knowing you and what exactly you are striving for. You can see here dozens of guys trying, only some achieve it.

From my experience (I've had a server with 700 players online) I can say this is almost impossible or very hard to achieve.

However, if you will be able to keep around 700 players on your server, then you can count like 2000€ per month. In my best time I've had one time income from daopay - 1500€ + something from paypal. From this digits you can imagine how hard it is.

It depends on items shop and amount of players on rush hours.
I would say that with reasonable items shop, 1 player during rush hours is like 5 USD per month, so you will need from 400 to 1400 players online if you want to earn from 2k-7k USD per month.
Ofc don't count players using MC.

Back