• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Isle of Quel'Endan (Project).

Heidan

Reaction score
High Elves.
The high elves were once a significant force on the continent, but in recent times their numbers have been dramatically reduced, 90% of their race was slaughtered in the Third War. Following this, another 90% of the survivors changed their name to "blood elves" in remembrance of their fallen brethren, and no longer consider themselves high elves. (Taken from the World of Warcraft).

elvish.png

quelendan2.jpg

2-3 hours of working only to hear, that the map is "alright" - which I already know.
I was counting on some justified criticism.

This is what you mostly get, do not expect mega comments (tho I think you just wanted to hear it was pretty good, just better then alright)
I realy like how you made those houses/towers
There are some wrong detailing in the picture (imo)
and maybe mixing the dark grass with normal grass would make it look even better
overal it looks realy good ;)

What you expect me to do? drop to my knee's and say your the best mapper?
[isn't even far from true]
I'm not a mapper But i know a good map when i see one and i appreciated the hard work you put into don't get me wrong,
but i won't lie with my opinion, Sorry

tho I think you just wanted to hear it was pretty good, just better then alright
Well. It's true. But only to a point. I came here to improve, to hear what people have to say about my works. To get similar with other mappers, learn something new/interesting.

2-3 hours of working only to hear, that the map is "alright" - which I already know.
I was counting on some justified criticism.

Here U go;
First of all, save the picture as .Png, since Its better quality. (imo)

Some Tips:
1. Remove the Metal Bars.
2. Add Gravel + Rock Soils on the 'Mountain Top Ground'.
3. Remove the Newer Sprites, such as the dead big vern.
4. Change the cave ground into something else, maybe dirt?
5. remove the three in front of the house, its bugged ;p

Rest is nice, rlly origional and nice made, just with some wrong detailing, as Luffy sed.

Also, agree with luffy about the mixing of dark with normal grass.

Hope I'd gave u some usefull cristism.

Regards,
Illusion.

Your mapping style is really very good for me. I'm glad that there are still people that know what is real RPG and do it.
But I don't like that you used the fable from WoW.

Regards,
Setrass

Your mapping style is really very good for me. I'm glad that there are still people that know what is real RPG and do it.

Regards,
Setrass

Say what? Did you state that there are lack of mappers who knows what RPG is?

Regards,
Setrass

you should look at some more mapping thread insteed of 1 >,<

Its incredible overspammed, BUT - it really got potential to be great, so reduce the details, and follow the other guys advices.

I want to see more :]

I don't think that it looks too bad. The only issue I did come across was; If I were to be a player on the map, I'd find it a but overcrowded. There does seem to a bit too much going on in just a single screen shot. But as I said before, not a bad job. :)

The borders are really weird. And i think, that u used too much small stones.

Back