• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Team ISO Co-Developer

Apollos

Dude who does stuff
Solutions
Reaction score
Taking a break from my larger project and working on a smaller evolution based server just to have some fun and enjoy having a server online again. Server runs on Nekiro's 8.6 TFS and is likely going to use a custom client (undecided) and I plan for it to be an EU based server.

I have done a decent amount of work but as everyone knows the load of mapping, coding, and quest-making can be a lot for one person. Looking for someone to basically take a co-lead position and help will all aspects of the server. Unpaid until the server itself actually makes money.

I'm a super relaxed developer, this is a hobby so I know things in real life take precedence so breaks are necessary. Pm me if you're interested in working with me.

Still searching for someone who is willing to join in on an 8.6 evolutions based server that's almost 50% done. Need help mainly with mapping and quest development at this point.

Getting back into the project, still searching for someone to co-develop, mainly mapping and quest creation. Hmu if you're interested.

Would like to know more information about the server :p
Sorry, didn't see this until now.

I plan for it to be EU based 8.6 mid-rate classic RPG server. No custom OTC or sprites as I only really want to use base assets so the server is easily accessible to everyone. Plus adding extra sprites and getting into OTC just opens up a big can of worms that adds a lot to development. I do not want to upgrade to any higher client version since 8.6 is very popular. Also, unlike versions 10+, it doesn't have so many monsters/quests to try and get caught up with development wise.

It's a base evolutions map right now, I've been revamping it whenever I find time and enthusiasm for mapping. My plan is to add other old school maps like Yurots and probably one more later on. Lately I've been taking pieces from other free to use maps while doing so in the most tasteful way possible, making sure not to put anything in that would make it seem forced.

I really don't want it to be a super serious server, I really just want to have some fun with having a server online and not putting too much expectation on it. That said I still plan to code and map as professionally as possible. I have a good amount of code added in so far laying the foundation but my quest development is at the very beginning.

I'd love to have someone join that can map and help make quests with dialog and everything. But also someone who can come up with systems and we can work together to find new fun ideas to add into the server. I'll have some time off work this winter so I'll be getting back into it more heavily very soon.

Hopefully that explained the gist of it. Feel free to ask if you have anymore questions that I overlooked.

Back