• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[issue] Skill taking too long to level

Flipping

Reaction score
Hey, new to all of this and I'm trying to run an offline server with my brothers for nostalgia, and I'm having some issues with Distance skill in particular.

I left my character on trainers the whole night (paladin) and he's 31dist and 45 shielding, for some reason distance is taking an insane amount of time to level up, is anything wrong with my source?

HTML:
<skill fist="1.2" club="1.2" sword="1.2" axe="1.2" distance="1.5" shielding="1.2" fishing="1.1" experience="1.0"/>

I tried bumping up distance modifier a little bit but with no results.

HTML:
  skillBase[SKILL_SHIELD] = 100;
    skillBase[SKILL_DIST] = 30;
    skillBase[SKILL_FISH] = 20;
    for(int32_t i = SKILL_FIST; i < SKILL_DIST; ++i)
        skillBase[i] = 50;

if(readXMLFloat(configNode, "distance", floatValue) || readXMLFloat(configNode, "dist", floatValue))
                voc->setSkillMultiplier(SKILL_DIST, floatValue);
            if(readXMLInteger(configNode, "distanceBase", intValue) || readXMLInteger(configNode, "distBase", intValue))
                voc->setSkillBase(SKILL_DIST, intValue);

Thank you for your time!

Hey, new to all of this and I'm trying to run an offline server with my brothers for nostalgia, and I'm having some issues with Distance skill in particular.

I left my character on trainers the whole night (paladin) and he's 31dist and 45 shielding, for some reason distance is taking an insane amount of time to level up, is anything wrong with my source?

HTML:
<skill fist="1.2" club="1.2" sword="1.2" axe="1.2" distance="1.5" shielding="1.2" fishing="1.1" experience="1.0"/>

I tried bumping up distance modifier a little bit but with no results.

HTML:
  skillBase[SKILL_SHIELD] = 100;
    skillBase[SKILL_DIST] = 30;
    skillBase[SKILL_FISH] = 20;
    for(int32_t i = SKILL_FIST; i < SKILL_DIST; ++i)
        skillBase[i] = 50;

if(readXMLFloat(configNode, "distance", floatValue) || readXMLFloat(configNode, "dist", floatValue))
                voc->setSkillMultiplier(SKILL_DIST, floatValue);
            if(readXMLInteger(configNode, "distanceBase", intValue) || readXMLInteger(configNode, "distBase", intValue))
                voc->setSkillBase(SKILL_DIST, intValue);

Thank you for your time!
1.1 is fastest skill up. 2.0 is slowest skill up.

Back