• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ Items.xml value not working in TFS 1.X - Please read post, TL;DR at the end

Sunset

Reaction score
I have been customizing OTs since I was a little child, but for years I have abandoned this beautiful hobby. A few days back, however, me along with my best friend (who is now a programmer) decided to give OTs another try now that we're older and better prepared.

We went for the lastest version of TFS available as of March 2020, with a 10.98 tibia client (which we've never really tried before). I was editing some items when I remembered: In the TFS 0.3.6 versions I used in the past, there was a Key value in the items.xml that could increase the total magic damage output of a player by a percentage, if added to an item. You would then only need to add said items to the movements list and voila, if you equipped said item, you'd get a direct increase in damage.

This is an example of this feature, that I obtained from an old OT I had laying around, that was tested and worked properly:

Code:
    <item id="2501" article="the" name="mask of the elders">
        <attribute key="weight" value="1200" />
        <attribute key="armor" value="4" />
        <attribute key="slotType" value="head" />
        <attribute key="increaseMagicPercent" value="120" />
    </item>

So in this case, this item would grant you a 20% increase in all magic damage outputs when worn.

Now that we're using a newer version of TFS, I tried the same Key value with some items but it seems as if this version of TFS does not support it.

console.png
This is an image of the error message.

TL;DR: There is a Key value imput for items.xml that works in older TFS versions that makes items directly increase magic damage when worn, that doesn't seem to work in newer versions of TFS.

How can I get this to work on this version of TFS for my 10.98 OT proyect?

Last edited:
Last edited:
You'd have to implement it to your sources.

It was only standard in 0.3.6pl1.
Thank you! Just yesterday I found some source codes which had some interesting features added and I’ve been trying to compile it, I will upload the compiled version with all these features as soon as I get it to work. Thanks a lot!

there are these too that are about to be merged in to main TFS:

I think that’s the one I found yesterday, I’ve been trying to compile it! (I have almost no programming knowledge)
I guess I could just wait till they officially release it... Is there a schedule?

Back