• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

It's illegal in some way all of this?

I think I didn't made a clear point.

Technically OTs are Illegal, but since Cipsoft NEVER sue, you should never care, also don't worry, is not good for their reputation to sue underage kids.

I think I didn't made a clear point.

Technically OTs are Illegal, but since Cipsoft NEVER sue, you should never care, also don't worry, is not good for their reputation to sue underage kids.

Read the posts by Elf and stian on this thread as kindly provided to us by STiX.
If you had read the entire thread you wouldn't be making that incorrect clarification, thus stirring to cause confusion.

Red

Read the posts by Elf and stian on this thread as kindly provided to us by STiX.
If you had read the entire thread you wouldn't be making that incorrect clarification, thus stirring to cause confusion.

Red
I did read every single post.
but as I said ''TECHNICALLY''.
Cipsoft has copyrights in his games, those Copyrights cover, sprites, some names, and tibia by itself (the client).
An OT uses sprites. the names, and the client.
even if you make a completly custom OT you would have to change the name of the swords and all that.
look whart happened to Tibia with the Beholder, theyh changed the nam because copyrights from another game.

Again, the OpenTibia C++ source and compiled version use no copyrighted material.
Whilst it's true most distributions contain non carbon-copy equivalents of the monsters, items and more which is CIPSOFT's intellectual property, OpenTibia does not use the client or sprites.
If an OpenTibia owner distributes CIPSOFT's client that's a completely different matter.

You're confusing "a typical OpenTibia server" with "OpenTibia".
As in, the difference between the actual commonly-used repositories and that of what a typical server owner collates and then uses or distributes (data-packs, maps, client, sprite files etc.).

Whilst you're getting caught up in semantics and definitions, I think the point has been discussed adequately.

First of all, if cipsoft wanted to fck us, they would done it long time ago.

Instead of making this thread long, ill keep it short and sweet.

Hosting a open tibia server is not illegal. [Using rl maps it may be illegal, but i dont know about that.]
Modify the client is illegal, even tho you are using ip changer, to change the rsa keys, ip and port to login.[But that is not the owners problem, its the player problem.]
Using tibia sprs is illegal, maybe they dont have copyright on all the sprs, but im pretty sure they have copyright on many of their sprs.
With that said, otland, otservlist and etc... can still be up.

Now why dont Cipsoft shutdown open-tibia?
Well open-tibia is a good advertisement for both Cipsoft and the open-tibia community. Since ive seen alot of players, playing open-tibia after a while they get tired and go back to Tibia. So mostly the dont quit the game fully.
The only thing they can shutdown, its servers which are messing with their client.
Also they can only sue, those which are using ip changer to login, into a server. So they would technically find over 20k users and sue one and one, which cost alot of money and time.

Also my question is to the rest, we know tibia client modifications is illegal, but editing the spr,dat and pic is it illegal or not?

Thanks.

There is so much misinformation in this thread, and even more so in the thread that Elf and stian participated in. Most of the statements are based on assumptions, what people think is correct, they are not facts or laws, they are assumptions which would not hold up in court. All laws are not international, and therefore it can make a big difference which country you live in.

If you are really worried, I suggest that you consult a lawyer and not people who think they know how CipSoft operates.

Let me make it clear, when you started playing RL Tibia I was already running an Otserv, so don't try to be a Master in something that YOU DON'T KNOW.

But you're quick to do that aren't you, hypocrit.

Let me tell you that the FIRST time I saw the mount script in Tibia was in 8.1 gentleman. SO DON'T TRY TO LOOK LIKE SOMEONE WHO KNOWS ABOUT WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT, because you clearly don't know.

If you don't believe me FUCKING SEARCH IT or ask someone who's been here for a long time, ok?
I saw mounts before 8.1 - So yes I agree with you, doesn't mean Cipsoft saw it from Open Tibia and thought "wow mounts why didnt we think of that".

The devs left because they know OT are dying, and it's true also Tibia is dying,
I bet only a couple left because of this reason (which isn't true either). Tibia isn't dying, it's playerbase decreased and Open Tibia player base increased.

2D Games are not the same as before, 3D games are taking over more and more,
Utter bullshit. I can tell you that. League of Legends is a 2d game and is infact the most popular game in the world right now. League of Legends is maximum 2.5d. Not 3d, so no I disagree with you.

the problem of Tibia is that it didn't improve that much in graphics.
Tibia was always meant to be a 2d game and they were never going to 3d, that's what makes it different.

(I've been playing since when it had that wallpaper of the woman in the village) and yeah, tibia didnt change a lot, in perspective, it could have stayed 2D but a little bit more 3D like the new Pokemon games are doing, you know what I mean? Search it.
They changed their graphics before. If you look at the difference from 7.6 to 10.0 you'll know what I mean.

2 things could happen if your ''God'' (Mark) decides to retire:
1) OT would stop devleopment and eventually would die.
or
2) Development would slow down a lot, and eventually people would get interested in development and start working on that.
"God" Mark has given you the oppotunity to post your reply.
1) OT would not die. It would be on pause (like it currently is now anyway since everyone is stuck at 8.6)
or
2) Yes.

Let me remind you that Mark wasnt the first person to develop Ots, yeah there were more people.
Mark was not the first person to develop OTs and I doubt he will be the last. What you forget is, Mark isn't the only one developing.

So before your fingers starts typing in the keyboard what your anus thinks, use your brain, Please.
Hypocritcy at it's finest.

And never, ever, say that someone joined in 2013, I have double, no, triple, the experience in Tibia and Ot that you have, and Im able to use my brain when I type something. Learn how to use it. Please.

Oh yeah, and Happy New Year.
How the fuck do you know you have double or triple the experience in Tibia and OT that he has?
You don't. Back you're statements up and I will believe you. Until then, go fuck yourself. It's ignorant kids like you who are ruining the OT Community today.

P.S. Thanks for making me post my first long post in a very long time, fucker.

But you're quick to do that aren't you, hypocrit.

I saw mounts before 8.1 - So yes I agree with you, doesn't mean Cipsoft saw it from Open Tibia and thought "wow mounts why didnt we think of that".

I bet only a couple left because of this reason (which isn't true either). Tibia isn't dying, it's playerbase decreased and Open Tibia player base increased.

Utter bullshit. I can tell you that. League of Legends is a 2d game and is infact the most popular game in the world right now. League of Legends is maximum 2.5d. Not 3d, so no I disagree with you.

Tibia was always meant to be a 2d game and they were never going to 3d, that's what makes it different.

I didn't meant to make it 3d, but 2.5.
They changed their graphics before. If you look at the difference from 7.6 to 10.0 you'll know what I mean.

"God" Mark has given you the oppotunity to post your reply.
1) OT would not die. It would be on pause (like it currently is now anyway since everyone is stuck at 8.6)
or
2) Yes.

Mark was not the first person to develop OTs and I doubt he will be the last. What you forget is, Mark isn't the only one developing.

Hypocritcy at it's finest.

How the fuck do you know you have double or triple the experience in Tibia and OT that he has?
You don't. Back you're statements up and I will believe you. Until then, go fuck yourself. It's ignorant kids like you who are ruining the OT Community today.

P.S. Thanks for making me post my first long post in a very long time, fucker.

1)I never said I was a Master. Don't try to put words in my mouth. Idiot.

2)True on that, same goes to the person who made the first script in an OTserv, he obviosly took the idea from another game.

3)Tibia is obviously dying and OTs also, if you really think that it isn't you are an I-G-N-O-R-A-N-T.
How many OT communities we have currently compared with years ago?
HOW IS THE LACK OF CREATIVITY GOING?
Lack of contrbutions?
I could continue, fucking ignorant.
Thank You.

4)Ok, this is my fault, I didn't state my fact, when I meant 2d i meant competly 2d not 2,5d.

5)In graphics, Tibia didn't change that much, they add more things with better graphics than improving the ones we already have. Im waiting for Tibia to improve those Water and Lava graphics, they really need to look more realistic.

6)This 2 points were things that COULD happend. there is the possibility that OTs would die, if all the big guys leave and there are is no more motivation.

7) Better be Hipocrit than an ignorant. Right, Mr. Ignorant?

8)Well, because basically I dont go around OTl stating that someone joined in 2013 for another statement, In the other hand I was just angry and defending myself, though. Ignorant kids are ruining the ot community? well since they are ruining the otcommunity that means that it is dying or no? before you stated that it isnt dying so shut the fuck up. please.

9)Oh yeah, ill go fuck myself, it makes you feel better? Cool kid, I can imagine how you get excited by telling someone to fuck himself in a forum, good for you cool guy, Just shut the fuck up, i could answer this with lots of beautiful and nice things, but I don't see the point. Ignorants childs will remain ignorant.

NP, for making you post your first long post, now you are cooler than before, applause.
Fucking Idiot.

Somebullshit
Oh, now we're putting numbers infront. k.

1. You're acting like it

2. blabla

3. There are 26205 players online on 716 servers -- Otservlist.org (ALONE)
- 20294 online Tibia right now.

I won't minus botters, because back when Tibia was more active, there were also botters (mcs etc)
I know this because I used to bot/mc back then too.

4. blabla

5. If you want realistic, go play WoW or some other bullshit game. Tibia is 2d for a reason and I kept playing Tibia because it is 2d and shit wasn't realistic.

6. There is always a possibility OT will die, weather the "big guys" left or not.

7. Ignorant? How am I ignorant? By stating facts?

8. Hypocrit, selfish kids are ruining the OT Community. Ruining the community and the community dying are two different things.

Ruining = check shadowcores board
Dying = check some of the less used boards, particulary sprite threads and graphics.

9. Yes it does, I get real excited that my dick gets hard and my nipples erect.
You can't be nice, you proved that back on the first page. I can't either because my patience is thin.

Thanks and I won't reply to your useless posts anymore since they are just a waste of my time and forum space.

Have fun, kid.

Oh, now we're putting numbers infront. k.

1. You're acting like it

2. blabla

3. There are 26205 players online on 716 servers -- Otservlist.org (ALONE)
- 20294 online Tibia right now.

I won't minus botters, because back when Tibia was more active, there were also botters (mcs etc)
I know this because I used to bot/mc back then too.

4. blabla

5. If you want realistic, go play WoW or some other bullshit game. Tibia is 2d for a reason and I kept playing Tibia because it is 2d and shit wasn't realistic.

6. There is always a possibility OT will die, weather the "big guys" left or not.

7. Ignorant? How am I ignorant? By stating facts?

8. Hypocrit, selfish kids are ruining the OT Community. Ruining the community and the community dying are two different things.

Ruining = check shadowcores board
Dying = check some of the less used boards, particulary sprite threads and graphics.

9. Yes it does, I get real excited that my dick gets hard and my nipples erect.
You can't be nice, you proved that back on the first page. I can't either because my patience is thin.

Thanks and I won't reply to your useless posts anymore since they are just a waste of my time and forum space.

Have fun, kid.

Ladies and Gentlemen, In here we can see how someone lost all his points and start acting like a REAL CHILD, maturity? NO, you dont have that. Im gonna answer every single counterpoint you made, even if it's a waste of time, since it would be like teaching economics to a monkey.

Let the fun begin.

1) You just gave me that point to me, you went from CALLING ME that to telling me that im acting like that. Seriously? Haha.

2) I agree in this.

3) So what are you trying to prove with this, that in total there is in Tibia and OTs 46,499 people online? That doesn't show NOTHING, do you want to see some fucking proves? here we go:
Overall Maximum: 64028 players (on Nov 28 2007, 19:26:00 CET)
This was on Tibia, Oh, and you say that tibia isn't dying?, good for you, you can live happy in your world where everything is perfect. But the reality is this.
Oh yeah, here is my source. Tibia.com
http://www.tibia.com/community/?subtopic=worlds
Tibia by itself in that time had more players than the OTcommunity and Tibia together right now. Please continue on telling me how everyhting is perfect.
Also here is my fact for Ots: Most players ever online was 69442 on
Sunday, 25 July 2010, 23:12.
huh, Ots arent dying? Well, this is a big FUCK YOU in your face.
Here is my source: http://otservlist.org/statistics

4) I agree in this.

5) Idiot, I want them to update some sprites because the new sprites are more realistic than the old ones, and they don't match together, look at all the new sprites we had in the most recent updates please and compare. There are things that has to be improved in order to match.
So you can go play your WoW, LoL and all that, Cool Kid.

6) If the Big Guys stays here, OTs will never die, since this guys are able to keep the community alive because they show respect and motivation.

7) You are the ignorant here because you stated the 3rd fact, that didnt proved anything, you only gave me a point to make your statement be invalid and retarded, Well done. Ignorant.

8) Oh yeah, Imply how ruining a community and a community dying is completly different and they are not related. Ignorant.

9) I wont answer this, You just showed me how inmature you are. Haha, go back to kindergarten.

Well, I think in here I gave my points, right, I backed them up, and I showed why I can call you an ignorant and a kid. You showed the opposite.

Well done, Idiot.

pd: Next time your gonna make a post replying to someone by using RANDOM, NOT PROVED, RETARDED, WRONG answers. Keep them for yourself.

Last edited:
OKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

There is so much misinformation in this thread, and even more so in the thread that Elf and stian participated in. Most of the statements are based on assumptions, what people think is correct, they are not facts or laws, they are assumptions which would not hold up in court. All laws are not international, and therefore it can make a big difference which country you live in.

If you are really worried, I suggest that you consult a lawyer and not people who think they know how CipSoft operates.

That reminded me of The Pirate Bay case!

Edit:

I've sent many requests to CipSoft about OTServers and such, in all they just remind you that the use of Copyrighted Material is agains't the law and that they remind you to stop using or distributing such content. And that's it lulz.

Flicking though your profile Vizz, I failed to find any contributions you've made to help buck the apparent trend - just a lot of complaints.
As I said before in another thread, This account was made a month ago, I used another name completly different in my old accounts, which they got banned.
Thus acocutns got banned by a moderator in this forum or ex moderator ( i don't know if he is still active, I wont give the name, I dont want a personal vendetta) , that didn't like something I said, which it was completly true, and he banned me with the reason ( I don't like you.) he wrote that when he banned me, 3 of my accounts, thats why I changed to a name that is not similar. I HAD contributions. Im not contributing anymore because Im using Windows RT, and it doesnt support almost nothing related to Tibia, since im waiting for my laptop to be repaired I won't be able to contributo NOTHING until it gets repaired.

So before you start making assumptions you could ask me and I would answer you without any problem.

--Also, Inthread: Remember that in Tibia they always avoid to talk about OTs, they don't even like to name it, so in my opinion, they just don't want people to know about it, but they don't mind if they exist.

As I said before in another thread, This account was made a month ago, I used another name completly different in my old accounts, which they got banned.
Thus acocutns got banned by a moderator in this forum or ex moderator ( i don't know if he is still active, I wont give the name, I dont want a personal vendetta) , that didn't like something I said, which it was completly true, and he banned me with the reason ( I don't like you.) he wrote that when he banned me, 3 of my accounts, thats why I changed to a name that is not similar. I HAD contributions. Im not contributing anymore because Im using Windows RT, and it doesnt support almost nothing related to Tibia, since im waiting for my laptop to be repaired I won't be able to contributo NOTHING until it gets repaired.

So before you start making assumptions you could ask me and I would answer you without any problem.

--Also, Inthread: Remember that in Tibia they always avoid to talk about OTs, they don't even like to name it, so in my opinion, they just don't want people to know about it, but they don't mind if they exist.

Voteban Vizzle?

Seriosly if you are here to try 'n fuck up the community just leave. If you don't wanna use the code that Mark, Elf, Stian, Korn, and all the other has made don't use TFS.
If you think tibia is dying, okay it kinda is but it will never fully die out. Same thing with Super Mario games, they are still playd today, why would tibia fully die out?

And if you we're banned, that dosen't mean make a new account. It means we are tierd of you get the F* out.

And you say you made commits to the community. Just give us an example? And note that what you did, would never had been made if the TFS devs did not dev TFS.
And sure, I also think there are mods that should be demoted, but I trust in that the admins keep them in a short leash.

And also to be fully honest, I miss the old days... Now adays nothing is posted on the forums, except tfs versions, and some "once in a while" scripts.
Just please... if you don't wanna stay at otland, leave... No one is keeping you.

One more thing about your post "I playd when the girl was on the client interface~" You don't think I did that? 7.2 - 7.4~ I started playing rl. Ive been here since around -08...
I don't give a crap about what you do, but don't talk shit about / to other members, and it dosen't matter if thats me or member X...

As Three Magic said, im not gonna post here anymore, just a waste of time this should have been closed along time ago.

Voteban Vizzle?

Seriosly if you are here to try 'n fuck up the community just leave. If you don't wanna use the code that Mark, Elf, Stian, Korn, and all the other has made don't use TFS.
If you think tibia is dying, okay it kinda is but it will never fully die out. Same thing with Super Mario games, they are still playd today, why would tibia fully die out?

And if you we're banned, that dosen't mean make a new account. It means we are tierd of you get the F* out.

And you say you made commits to the community. Just give us an example? And note that what you did, would never had been made if the TFS devs did not dev TFS.
And sure, I also think there are mods that should be demoted, but I trust in that the admins keep them in a short leash.

And also to be fully honest, I miss the old days... Now adays nothing is posted on the forums, except tfs versions, and some "once in a while" scripts.
Just please... if you don't wanna stay at otland, leave... No one is keeping you.

One more thing about your post "I playd when the girl was on the client interface~" You don't think I did that? 7.2 - 7.4~ I started playing rl. Ive been here since around -08...
I don't give a crap about what you do, but don't talk shit about / to other members, and it dosen't matter if thats me or member X...

As Three Magic said, im not gonna post here anymore, just a waste of time this should have been closed along time ago.
Wow, another fucking ignorant, let me ask you something, do you even know how to fucking read_ It looks like no, most of thew SHITA you wrote is pure random bullshit, now let me answer all your fucking random crap, ok? FUCKING IGNORANT.

1- When the fuck did I said that I want to fuck up the community? You fucking idiot.

2- When the fuck did I said that I don´t want to use the code of TFS? Why the fuck are you putting words in my mouth.

3- Are you fucking comparing Mario Games with Tibia? Are you FUCKING retarded? your comparing a game that only gets updated, with a franchise that gets completly new games every 2 or 3 years. Where the fuck do you get those arguments? Your anus?.

4- You are no one to tell me to get the fuck out, at least im not a member that starts putting words in people's mouth, you are a fucking idiot as I said before.

5- When the fuck did I said that I don´t want to stay in the community? Do you have autism or what? because it seems like YES.

6- Did I FUCKING ask you, if you played also those versions? SO SHUT THE FUCK UP, now you sound like a fucking hypocrit, you fucking idiot, well done, good way to fuck up your arguments.

7- Yeah, it's a waste of time for you to post here, since you are just posting without reading the rest of the post and using retarded arguments, as you said, you are wasting time, well done. Applause.

As I said before, I won´t be able to contribute nothing because im currently using another laptop ``tablet`` that uses windows rt, and doesn´t support almost nothing, so I wont be able to post shit until the 25th, because thats the day my laptop will be repaired.
LEARN HOW TO FUCKING READ.

I see that you act exactly like Three Magic, first you post without reading, you put arguments that are completly bullshit, you put words in my mouth and then says that your not gonna answer because it´s a waste of time, then when I answer all your arguments with true, good arguments, then you go away because you know that you made a mistake by answering like a fucking ignorant. Well done. You say I want to fuck up the community, but, Im not the one who is oing all these shit, right gentleman? Hypocrit.

You come here trying to be a Hero, but to be a hero you need reasons, you think that by coming to a post and throwing insults at me your gonna look fucking good? let me remind you that in order to do that you need ARGUMENTS, which you don't have, only bullshit. Thats all I see.

Last edited:
well i think cipsoft is making use of our private servers...
why? stealing ideas... if you guys haven't noticed it yet...

well you know what they say...

Youngsters are the future so we are kind of the idea mans behind cipsoft like some teleports they got, bank in depot (look at thais DP).

Back