• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

It's illegal in some way all of this?

Anyone want me to poke a hole in your police logic?

Either way I'm doing it anyway..

CipSoft can't sue you, their stuffs are more or less open-source for a few easy reasons:
1:
From the beginning, they had volunteer players to compete with maps, players made maps for Cipsoft, the best maps was introduced.
But this, there was several items that came into the game that cipsoft later discovered and removed. (like keys and stuffs)

2: From the very beginning, the tibia sources came from open-source games from the middle 90's.
the Cipsoft team (3 guys) started to play around with those sources, and eventually created Tibia just as a fun-project.

3: To make their game faster in the starts, they borrowed/stole almost every sprite they had back then from other games.
Their main target of getting sprites from was Ultima Online.

4: Still today, I can find sprites here and there, in the newest tibia client, that's still the original sprites that came from Ultima Online.
And it have passed 15 years.

Due to this, they can't sue any OT for using their stuffs, as there's evidence in it that says CipSoft aren't using own stuffs either.
Even the client, they sure made the C++ client, I haven't heard anything say different. But they can't do anything about we using it.
Why? there's tracks of sprites in the client leads to Ultima Online and possible other very old games.

CipSoft may speak to you directly, saying stuffs, not enjoying what you do.. but they can never take it futhur.
However, they can sue people DDosing them, as they tend to do once or twice a year.

If you have little hard understand my point, lets say you stole a car.. and the next day someone else steals that car.. would you call the police telling them your car is missing?
Even if you were stupid enough to really call them, would the police be on your side of the story?

the only reason they don't sue is because it will bring a lot of bad publicity for their own game. More people will find out about otservers and switch.

Back