• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

It's too many RL maps!

Have you guys ever thought about that Tibia exists since 1997, I'd be surprised to see 200 custom map servers with a size of the Tibia map.

I can't even find a small custom server to play, they all got customized vocations, spells and items, that to me is no longer Tibia.

I really agree with your post though, I'm curious what will happen when Mark stops developing TFS 1.0.

Real map is easy to get, all you have to do is do some editing to your liking, add donations and then bam! you're done.
Custom servers take 150% more work than real map. You need to make items, map, spells, vocations, etc.. depending on how custom you want it, not to mention balancing and finding bugs is much harder.
Bottom line is that custom servers take sooo much work and then when the project is finished, it has a small amount of players and eventually dies out.
Not many people these days enjoy a nice custom server. There is only a small community of us. Therefore most don't bother investing time into creating one.
I don't blame real maps. I understand that some people coming from tibia just want the same thing but higher exp or something and they don't feel like playing something they don't know.
There really is to many of them and I've seen millions of threads complaining about this, but I don't see how complaining will help.'
I love tibia and always will cause it's my childhood game. It's literately soooo much fun but it's to hard to find a satisfying server.
I don't like real tibia whatsoever, haven't played since around 4 years ago and I don't plan on ever playing it again.
It's just so easy to make a real map, or just download and run server.. which is why there is so many of them.
I always thought that OT's was supposed to be where you put in your thought, ideas, creativity, and creating some new and unique. Not copy other people -_-
I just don't see how people can have fun with a real map. It's the same old thing thats been around for years... it's no fun imo.

I can't even find a small custom server to play, they all got customized vocations, spells and items, that to me is no longer Tibia.

I really agree with your post though, I'm curious what will happen when Mark stops developing TFS 1.0.
What? What? What?... Customized vocations, spells, and items is part of a custom server LOL. That's like saying "Hey guys omg there was an update on tibia and they
added some new weapons and spells" and this would be your response "this is no longer Tibia"

If your definition of a custom server is a server with only a custom map, then you sir are wrong. I'm sorry but I find your reasoning inadequate. A custom server is
a server with custom items, spells, npcs, quests, vocations, and so on... even new sprites. Now this is a fun server it's something new, exciting, adventrous, just straight up
entertaining. It's like playing tibia for the first time. If you have fun playing a server where you know what each monster drops, how much each monster hits, where everything is,
how is that even any fun? I guess some people don't like change.

Lol shut up.... Deathzot 250-300 on everyday allday
LOLOLOLOLOLOL. lmao this is funny XD. I wouldn't even consider Deathzot a server. Okay nvm it is a server, but more like an idle server.
Everyone bots haha I actually think this is as bad as a real map. I'm not saying you can prevent botting because it's a hard thing to do but you
can still try, but they allow botting and it's not my place to judge, they can do as they want have fun with a zombie server. Also some people
bot like 6 characters at once so I wouldn't really say there is 250-300 people on everyday.

What? What? What?... Customized vocations, spells, and items is part of a custom server LOL. That's like saying "Hey guys omg there was an update on tibia and they
added some new weapons and spells" and this would be your response "this is no longer Tibia"

If your definition of a custom server is a server with only a custom map, then you sir are wrong. I'm sorry but I find your reasoning inadequate. A custom server is
a server with custom items, spells, npcs, quests, vocations, and so on... even new sprites. Now this is a fun server it's something new, exciting, adventrous, just straight up
entertaining. It's like playing tibia for the first time. If you have fun playing a server where you know what each monster drops, how much each monster hits, where everything is,

You are being ignorant, I wrote: "that TO ME is no longer Tibia". I'll be extra clear from now on since you don't seem to understand what an opinion is: I personally enjoy custom map servers the best, maybe without the ability to purchase runes because it brings the value back to runes, its like experiencing Tibia for the first time for me again since there is brand new content to explore for everyone on the world. It also usually creates an awesome community because in order to explore new areas its required to have teamwork.

Please don't ever again tell someone that their opinion is inaccurate or stupid, you'll earn yourself the medal of stupidity in my eyes.

You are being ignorant, I wrote: "that TO ME is no longer Tibia". I'll be extra clear from now on since you don't seem to understand what an opinion is: I personally enjoy custom map servers the best, maybe without the ability to purchase runes because it brings the value back to runes, its like experiencing Tibia for the first time for me again since there is brand new content to explore for everyone on the world. It also usually creates an awesome community because in order to explore new areas its required to have teamwork.

Please don't ever again tell someone that their opinion is inaccurate or stupid, you'll earn yourself the medal of stupidity in my eyes.
I misread that my bad. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Honestly, I'm surprised we haven't upgraded tibia to something greater over the past 5 years.

Why haven't we done hardly anything good recently? We just copy Cipsoft and they are so stuck in the past and their game is dying. WHY ARE WE COPYING A DIEING GAME!?

Not only that, Cipsoft USED to copy US. We would have great ideas, and put them into our servers, get tons of players, and Cipsoft would copy us and add it into their game. Now we just copy Cipsoft and think were making great servers.

@Snooby
Its if its your "OPINION" it can be wrong(Not saying it is I'm just implying it is) what you are doing is called been BIAS.

@Zasranets
I know pal you are angry but this is no place to rant that much :/. But I know how you feel, I know so much that I'm trying to create my own custom server. And in case of it failing I will just release it and let the community have their new bigger Evo server, that will be my legacy.

@Flatlander
well you where doing something so big, but abandon it for so much time, its kinda the same. The same reasoning for you putting it on hold, or more like no updating it, its the same every one has.

Let people do what they want, we cannot fight mediocrity right now.
Its all about what you do. If you want something better, do something better. If you want custom OTs/Ats, start making them. I mean people do what they want, you cannot blame people if they do not do the type of OT you want.

Making a full rl map is not easy as everyone is stating here. Tibia is not even close to dieing, asfar you have to also understand that offline training is now on the picture. Before Tibia reached alot of players also due to afk traininers. I could agree that it would be more fun to see custom content, but not everyone has the time to dedicate to their own ideas.

Money? Its super easy tbh to start some ot today.

Make an account on otland
Download the 10.37? github project rlmap
Follow znotes tutorial on how to install a server and donate systems
Have your computer on for 10-15 days
Reinstall database

The last 2 steps are the same all the time, open source isen't always as good as ppl say.
Also about open-source is the best thing which happend to everyone. Without sharing stuff, we would not be here today in this forum or even open-tibia at all.

This kind of thread seem to show about once every year.

Why is the real map so frightening? You cant really compere a Shadowcores server with "insert name of another random real-map here" and claim they are the same. It all comes down to how much work and passion the creators are willing to put into the project. Some real maps out there probably have more time spent on them then some of the "custom" servers, and of course, its also the other way around in some cases.

Point being it is really easy to download a real map and a stable and working source thanks to Mark (and of course all other contributors) for free.

There is no equivalent download for someone that wants a custom server (by custom I mean something else then a real map), since the people who create those often do their run with it then just sits on it. And we all know most people around here are just looking for something they can quickly download, edit a few basic scripts and drop their name on, instead of putting a few weeks/months into actually developing something unique.

If there were some "custom/unique" datapacks out there that would actually work without a ton of errors, open source for everyone to use with TFS, people would probably get interested in these as well, and use them as a good ground to build their own project upon.

@Snooby
Its if its your "OPINION" it can be wrong(Not saying it is I'm just implying it is) what you are doing is called been BIAS.

@Zasranets
I know pal you are angry but this is no place to rant that much :/. But I know how you feel, I know so much that I'm trying to create my own custom server. And in case of it failing I will just release it and let the community have their new bigger Evo server, that will be my legacy.

@Flatlander
well you where doing something so big, but abandon it for so much time, its kinda the same. The same reasoning for you putting it on hold, or more like no updating it, its the same every one has.

Everyone thinks I abandon everything lol.

The only project I have abandoned was Apocalypse, because I opened a test server to see if players would enjoy it and I closed it down because no one really liked it, or even understood it.

Otherwise, I work TONS on my own projects still, and I help tons of people on OtLand with their projects when they message me and ask for help.
Just yesterday I updated what I nicknamed "The Imagined Server" fixing bugs and adding more features into the monster.xml, and today i'll be working on one of my servers some more.

The REASON people think I do nothing, is because I don't release half-assed unfinished servers with 0 content. It takes time for one person to make an entire server, much less I am working on multiple servers at the same time.

Also about open-source is the best thing which happend to everyone. Without sharing stuff, we would not be here today in this forum or even open-tibia at all.

There is both good and bad in open source, but we already know how we both feel about this, no need to waste forum space about it.
As ive said before, if you wanna discuss this with me we can take it over pm.

Something tells me you have a rl map yourself or did in the past
I never did, i say this again, never had a rl map self, never runned it, never worked on it, i have downloaded it yearss ago somewhere in 8.1 to see the real map..

Besided that, i never had an sever like that.. Don't believe me? Check all my threads...

I did own a dragonball z server, server based on evolutions server(i think i am one of the reasons the evolutions map gets hyped again)
and one old server i do not remember the name of it i think one of them were dnwalcker... somewhere in 7.8-8.0

I've never liked rl map servers, 90% of those servers i directly logged out, or played for 20 minutes and never returned(this happened me once)..

@Post it selff
The answer to why there's so many Rl maps, its because creating something from scratch, or even from an already existing Evo/YourOTS/Etc, its not so easily done, It takes time. Most people come from Real tibia and they are used to it, they just want to play their old map and enjoy it with friends, being Gms and stuff. Then there is the other thing, they want money from nothing(Who doesn't).

@Lagmacun

Look at what happened to Otfans, by stopping supporting RL maps they stop having traffic at all, so that won't do.

True that, but i prefer real community instead of then download/runners supportasskissers/leavers and run/donate or bot/complain kids..
After all people left because it was one community full of kids, when i was active on otfans and created a account here was basicly because i liked to watch mapping showoff and there were few mappers wich wherent on otfans, + i came here too randomly troll the noobs/kids, look at my other account: lamecun, and i think this one got also few warnings for it.

After all if every community rejects rl map, then those download/runners have to change them strategy...

After all i am working 5 years on a project solo. We can help the community growing with good tutorials.

Real map is easy to get, all you have to do is do some editing to your liking, add donations and then bam! you're done.
Custom servers take 150% more work than real map. You need to make items, map, spells, vocations, etc.. depending on how custom you want it, not to mention balancing and finding bugs is much harder.
Bottom line is that custom servers take sooo much work and then when the project is finished, it has a small amount of players and eventually dies out.
Not many people these days enjoy a nice custom server. There is only a small community of us. Therefore most don't bother investing time into creating one.
I don't blame real maps. I understand that some people coming from tibia just want the same thing but higher exp or something and they don't feel like playing something they don't know.
There really is to many of them and I've seen millions of threads complaining about this, but I don't see how complaining will help.'
I love tibia and always will cause it's my childhood game. It's literately soooo much fun but it's to hard to find a satisfying server.
I don't like real tibia whatsoever, haven't played since around 4 years ago and I don't plan on ever playing it again.
It's just so easy to make a real map, or just download and run server.. which is why there is so many of them.
I always thought that OT's was supposed to be where you put in your thought, ideas, creativity, and creating some new and unique. Not copy other people -_-
I just don't see how people can have fun with a real map. It's the same old thing thats been around for years... it's no fun imo.

this. However sprites doesn't have to, some can be nice if they fit with color shade and such.. sometimes they feel out of place..
Sprites can be nice but the same sprites can give the nice tibia old school feeling..

Last edited:
@Amoaz
This kind of thread seem to show about once every year.

I'd say more like every time they are not in first page.

Why is the real map so frightening? You cant really compere a Shadowcores server with "insert name of another random real-map here" and claim they are the same. It all comes down to how much work and passion the creators are willing to put into the project. Some real maps out there probably have more time spent on them then some of the "custom" servers, and of course, its also the other way around in some cases.

You have some good points there, but you also have to acknowledge that, YES good Global Map/Real Tibia servers, take up time to do(Copy), that's why non are good enough or close to Shadowcores(TIBIA since replica). But the fact that it is a Replica of Tibia it self its what make it possible, you have a ground to be based on. With customs you have to invent your self. You have to pour your hearth into it to be compared to a replica of something that has been around for what now ? 17 years, its not the same, and never will be, you would need 17 years of development to even be compared to.

Point being it is really easy to download a real map and a stable and working source thanks to Mark (and of course all other contributors) for free.

Yep it is, but (THIS IS MY PERSONAL OPINION. It maybe wrong, or it is wrong, but this is what I think [I'm not even sure my self]) this is not what make real maps so abundant, its the fact that Shadowcores has an stable player base and high not only stable(Yep mark invested it time to Copy tibia, and damn its quite nice). The fact that many people recognize that Global maps which can be easily downloaded produce such an outcome (Player wise, and money wise) with out much effort, that's what I see as a THE PROBLEM itself.

There is no equivalent download for someone that wants a custom server (by custom I mean something else then a real map), since the people who create those often do their run with it then just sits on it. And we all know most people around here are just looking for something they can quickly download, edit a few basic scripts and drop their name on, instead of putting a few weeks/months into actually developing something unique.

Well there is/was, Evo, YourOts, to name some. but you can never compare those, to a 17 Year old development, so yep there is no equivalent in that sense.
All been said why with such a big community we couldn't come up with newers, answer been said, Refer to answer number 3, Global maps shine so bright that custom stay on shadows.

If there were some "custom/unique" datapacks out there that would actually work without a ton of errors, open source for everyone to use with TFS, people would probably get interested in these as well, and use them as a good ground to build their own project upon.

Refer to answer 3 and 4 <3 love

@Flatlander
My bad flat~ it was not my intention to meant you "Abandon" something poor choice of words on my part, what I meant was that the same "Facts/Reasons" you don't update it so often or at all, are most likely the same reasoning why we haven't do something greater than Global Tibia.

and as you just answer, We don't want to release something Half-baked, or just don't make it public till its close to being "Well Done" but, in most cases people get something else to do (Jobs, Families, Studies).
Apologizes for my poor choice of words, English is a poor language.

@Lagmacun
Yup, I agree with you 99% with you, but the 1% that does not, its the one that say We need those kids to fill our servers, we need to have "Traffic" on the web to bring more people.(Who would you troll if there are no kids btw)

True that, a server with nice community need also their noobs to laugh about, pk, or maybe even help

But then they have to play, so the big question is HOW can we get those people on those servers..

however we should do something, like they say in holland:
Because of the tree's i cannot see the forest, same for people who are searching on otlist for a good server.

I will probably get killed for saying this, but I enjoy the community as it is - I really enjoy playing real tibia servers, and it seems like the majority of the players does as well, but sure, I would definitely try a good custom server if I would find one suitable for me :D

there is no good rl map ots (no brasil, no twifysoft) why? if somebody do: other ddos it.

So i suppose we should think the people interest in ddosing every new server are the people who have a lot of players? Because they want to protect their playerbase and get more players( because every other server will be down/geting kicks ). Always remember, ddos in the mediocre weapon.

@Xevis
Can you elavorate a bit more? how can you say there is no good Global map / successful ones if all I can see on server lists are Global/Real Map servers with players from 0 to 1000+.
Ddos happens to most servers that are successful cuz Haters gonna hate.(I is not exclusive to Global servers)

U dont get it? There is no GOOD server, but alot of suckz servers. There is Shadowcore - which is too much populated, and its end. Other brazils are suck, vips etc.
Servers like dalerium are nice, but u see, got 60 players and got ddosed everyday.

Back