• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Jfrye's Mapping Pieces

Thank you for the input. those peice are no longer a part of the map, but I will definitely keep your suggestion in mind for future parts of the map.
well if you want more for your imagination
Thinking of something like ferumbras tower would be good but more dark not that open in everything around ( too much soon) so how about inbetween an mountain just right there everything around is covering the laboratory and closing the last of the light coming from the sun and the place was horrible it smelled like Slime? there i found some candlebrum in the office of that Crazy Scientist (or mage/druid/other [ele]mental creature(no pun intended lol)) but coming back to the office there was a painting of a king on the wall he must be loyal then maybe working for the king(he didnt hear from him for long so could have sent you there to check). And the place had few underground levels they were almost like sewers except there were some bodies but they were nothing like the people in Healing room ( people that died in battle on beds on the bottom floor ( office could be the top level something like bookshelf triggering teleport/stairs aswell to somewhere ). You were to scared to go fight them there were too many of them there and you had no torch!

Cave.png hey guys. Im back after another small break. (Hard to stay inspired to work on the map when Im solo on this).

This time its just a start to a cave. This is part of a quest (if it really matters at this point). But I am looking to get opinions, as always.

Heres another shot of the same cave. It is finished unless there are other recommendations for improvements.cave1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying out the new swamp sprites. Compared to my swamp attempts posted above, how are the improvements compared to those?

Overall how does this look? What could be improved on?new swamp.png

Having the swamp colliding with the water like that just does not look good at all. There should be some type of ground separating the swamp from the water. Other than that, it looks good. Nothing too special though.

Having the swamp colliding with the water like that just does not look good at all. There should be some type of ground separating the swamp from the water. Other than that, it looks good. Nothing too special though.

Thanks for the reply. Ill work on the water bordering some more.

Hey everyone. A little piece here. I need tips on how to improve it. To start off, I wanted a more "natural" type of temple, not the conventional building.

Basically the player spawns on the upper part of the mountain, under the roof. The temple NPC is on the lower level moving around. I just feel like it needs some help in terms of detail and not looking so empty. Any help is appreciated.jungle temple.png

dont be shy in putting in more details mate, you could use you more things that reminds a temple, thats just look like a hill with some kind of barrack in the top of it, try add some statues, light, trash, will improve aloot by doing this.

dont be shy in putting in more details mate, you could use you more things that reminds a temple, thats just look like a hill with some kind of barrack in the top of it, try add some statues, light, trash, will improve aloot by doing this.

Thank you. I knew I was missing stuff, but at that time, I really couldnt think of what it was.

Its been quite a while since I have even messed with the map editor. If I remember right, I had remade a swamp using the new sprites, and my hard drive crapped out so I lost all of that progress. If anyone reads the previous replies here, you will see that I suck at making swamps. I am going to attempt this swamp, and hopefully make something decent with it. Here is a progress pic to start with. Keep in mind that Its just the beginning and Ill post more pictures as I get further along with it. 1640315618506.png
Post automatically merged:

1640319386885.png
Thoughts so far? Im not sure I like the way I have the L shaped bridge looking, so that will probably get redone, but looking for thoughts and suggestions on the rest of what is done so far.

Last edited:
Its been quite a while since I have even messed with the map editor. If I remember right, I had remade a swamp using the new sprites, and my hard drive crapped out so I lost all of that progress. If anyone reads the previous replies here, you will see that I suck at making swamps. I am going to attempt this swamp, and hopefully make something decent with it. Here is a progress pic to start with. Keep in mind that Its just the beginning and Ill post more pictures as I get further along with it. View attachment 64165

View attachment 64167
Thoughts so far? Im not sure I like the way I have the L shaped bridge looking, so that will probably get redone, but looking for thoughts and suggestions on the rest of what is done so far.
Looks really good so far, I like the way the mud blends from the shoreline, more of that would look nice. Once it's all detailed in I'm sure it'll be awesome.

And you activated your Windows :D
Haha, that old computer died a while back. bought this new pc about 1.5 years ago, so no more of that annoying message. haha
Looks really good so far, I like the way the mud blends from the shoreline, more of that would look nice. Once it's all detailed in I'm sure it'll be awesome.
Thank you. Im hoping to have the swamp "finished" this weekend. Then Ill keep more pictures posted to get more feedback and make adjustments as needed.

if someone rope up this hole, then they will land on the water border.
Thanks for the heads up. Im working on setting up a server to look at the work in game, but this definitely helps.

Heres the current state of the swamp. Im looking for honest opinions on the looks and RPG feeling to it. Any and all suggestions/opinions are appreciated. If you see something you dont like or think needs changed, if you could please give a reasoning, it will help to improve my mapping.
1640411210840.png1640411236644.png1640411261598.png1640411321963.png

Last edited:
Another attempt at a small orc camp. Keep in mind this is for a low rate RPG server, and this is currently for rook. Thoughts on this attempt?
1640501742804.png

Made some small changes since the first pic
1640503700273.png

Last edited:
Back