• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

JTClient (Josens Tibia Client)

Josens

Reaction score
Hello OTLanders I'm here to show my advance of my new JTClient, the items, outfits and effects are correctly readed, now I'm working on the connection with the Servers through buffers, here the media:

Sneak Peak of the effects:

Here how the outfits works

Probably the client will be able to be played on 5 months aprox supporting from 8.54 to 9.5 (I'm working for more).

That's all, grettings!

Hi :)

Good luck implementing everything!!!
May I ask you, is it open source? What language are you using? (I see files with gml extention, I don't know what's it xd)

In my own opinion, Game Studio is not good for a Tibia client, although it is good as a learning process to you :)

Hi :)

Good luck implementing everything!!!
May I ask you, is it open source? What language are you using? (I see files with gml extention, I don't know what's it xd)

gml means GameMaker Lenguage, from Game Maker Studio, that is a program wich helps you to create games more "easy".
Post automatically merged:

In my own opinion, Game Studio is not good for a Tibia client, although it is good as a learning process to you :)

Not exactly, this engine gives you a lot of tools to make games, Nevertheless, to read the spr and dat you only need to read through buffers, and nothing more. So, you're wrong if you tell me that make a client with this engine is a bad idea.

gml means GameMaker Lenguage, from Game Maker Studio, that is a program wich helps you to create games more "easy".
Post automatically merged:

Not exactly, this engine gives you a lot of tools to make games, Nevertheless, to read the spr and dat you only need to read through buffers, and nothing more. So, you're wrong if you tell me that make a client with this engine is a bad idea.

In terms of performance, Game Studio is too slow for a client like Tibia, it is meant for simple games, not for games like Tibia, even OTC currently suffers from performance issues and even though it's coded in C++, even Unity is a better approach for a client for Tibia.

So, you're wrong if you tell me that make a client with this engine is a bad idea.
No, no, Ezzz is right. GMS is a good engine if you want to make 2D games like Mario, not something as complex as Tibia.

However... This doesn't mean you should stop, just don't be surprised when you hit an unbreakable wall.

Game Studio is too slow for a client like Tibia, it is meant for simple games
Since when Tibia isn't a simple game? xD
even OTC currently suffers from performance issues and even though it's coded in C++
Just because something is badly written doesn't mean that it is complex, if it were optimally written in the first place you wouldn't even need gpu to run OTClient with decent fps.
82330661-557054061635990-8714560522433834323-n.png

Since when Tibia isn't a simple game? xD

Just because something is badly written doesn't mean that it is complex, if it were optimally written in the first place you wouldn't even need gpu to run OTClient with decent fps.
82330661-557054061635990-8714560522433834323-n.png

You're comparing OTCv8 again to a Game Maker studio application which is not made for complex tasks like a Tibia client.

You're comparing OTCv8 again to a Game Maker studio application which is not made for complex tasks like a Tibia client.
Its not otcv8 its fabian version of otclient which is even more optimized then v8 ;p

Its not otcv8 its fabian version of otclient ;p

Which is not Game Maker studio, I'm not trying to discourage this guy from trying to make a Tibia client in Game Maker studio, I'm just stating what's obvious here, and it is that it will not work to develop a Tibia client.

Which is not Game Maker studio, I'm not trying to discourage this guy from trying to make a Tibia client in Game Maker studio, I'm just stating what's obvious here, and it is that it will not work to develop a Tibia client.

Remember it, not always are the engine, is the power of the creator to develope, optimizing and create games.

I've tested with 3.500 items simultaneously and no problems have appeared, U should explore a little more the engine... I think

Have you guys seen the youtube video of a team making a 40kb nes game in modern day? You can look there for ideas on how to maximize optimizing

Back