• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Kangarews Mapping Thread

I'm kinda excited to show you guys what I've been working on. I'll keep it a secret till I am finished :p

Edit: Sorry for double post

Heres what I've been working on, yes the 3 picture isn't really that cool but the rest is pretty cool. Credits to Andreas for the idea.
15hhfz6.png

2rx8w2d.png

xp51tw.jpg

14b7oyp.png

Looks terrible boring, will probably look way better with monsters and some trash on the map. I'd suggest you to add creatures when you take pictures, looks way better.

At the first picture i was : "Looks nice, curious..."
@second picture i was like : "Same detailing over and over again, flying armor and always the thick grass border and oh , so boring"
@third picture : "Same floor tile, could bring variation in it and the walls are boring"
@last picture : "Again realy plain boring, not even a little stone or a lit torch bearer, nothing!"

15hhfz6.png

Looks pretty nice, just that the wall seem a bit "empty".

2rx8w2d.png

Looks cool except one thing, when you come up from the stair you will land in the wall..

xp51tw.jpg

a nice dwarf-a-like mine, but you need more details, dirt and trash items.

14b7oyp.png

The shape is excellent here, BUT you need more details, some dead corpse on your chars level, some trashed items, maybe some dirt and stuffs.
Some crap hanging from walls, torches or something, maybe some cracks, and some at-wall details like a sacrifice stone with some items on them or something.

Keep practicing on the detail part :)
and look for bugs all the time, all mappers create bugs all the time, so it's important in a nice map that you're looking for your bugs and fix them.

@ Luffy, thanks for the tips
@ Elite, Thank you VERY MUCH for taking the time to tell me what I needed to improve on. +1

I agree with the posts above, the 1st picture is missing something on the walls but the rest is quite nice, 2nd picture you land on the wall and maybe try mixing borders cuz the grass there is plain boring, 3rd picture lacking details, same with the 4th, keep going :D

Heres an update: I don't have anyone to map for, so I havn't mapped in a long time. Sorry for those who want to see more pictures.

Back