• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Kangarews Mapping Thread

Here is some constructive tips...

1. Stop using Autoborder.
2. Save pictures in PNG.
3. Don't compare OT mapping with CIP mapping.

@ Neon 1.) I didn't use auto border 2.)Ill do that next time 3.) I was proving a point
Waterfalls look a little strange sprouting out of small hills like u posted near the beginning. Streams and rivers, to me, usually look a lot better if either A they come out of caves or B they are longer and have more space to gather water before dumping into a body of water. Sorry if I'm just one of many posting something like that didn't have the time to read everything.

Showing a lot of improvement. Keep it up m8.
Above average for a beginner.
Thanks for the tips and such. Don't worry you are the first :)

But there was no point proven by comparing yourself to cip? Im just trying to help you mate.. a better shape on the cave and it would look great.

The cave is totally made in Autoborder...

If it isn't, you can switch to autoborder because your raw mapping looks like it...

We aint flaming we are trying to help you! But your ego is in the way. Listen to what we say instead of just defending yourself

My ego is not in the way you are flaming my thread
Grow some balls!

OT: better then before, but ur shape of the caves is horrible and the borders on the first pic is really buggy/fugly
Considered flaming. I appreciate the bumps guys, but it's time to stop.

Okay... so, constructive critisism was it..? Okay, here you go. Read/watch tutorials, learn how to recieve comments in your thread, and let's see.. hmm... meeh, that'd be all!

Well, clearly you don't know how to make the shape of a map correctly, to make it look natural.. that's what I want you to check in tutorials.. ;)
And by the second part that I wrote... well, your respond kinda proves my point ^.~

Heres a quick view inside my servers interior. Creds to my mapping partner, Kevin.
2agjnl.png

1f7254.png

vg7br7.png

@ Wendt, you could have explained the reasoning by me watching tutorials
@ Whomever else, I never said I was a pro. I am definately not a pro. Don't post on my thread with off-topic uselessness.

Kangarew, try to not spread trees all around in such a long distance. They should rather stand in a small groups and every group should be close to another.

edit: nevermind, I just realised that I commented post from the very first page =) your last works look very good

@ Alegres.. Nice paying attention. Lol kidding but thanks for the comments on both, keep it in mind.

Update: Due to posts I will take more time on my maps and make sure they look "good" or relatively better then what my maps HAVE been.

@ Alegres.. Nice paying attention. Lol kidding but thanks for the comments on both, keep it in mind.

Update: Due to posts I will take more time on my maps and make sure they look "good" or relatively better then what my maps HAVE been.

Terrible because they are undead hunting spots, but meh keep practicing and looking at other people's work analizing them to learn detailing techniques and were to put them, take out some gravel from the first pic, place mostly the red one on the dirt and the grey on the floor, put lights on the outside of the walls, don't use that green shit on things that aren't cave walls and try using more the raw pallet :D

Once you can properly use use auto border, you can make your borders look raw while using auto border, think about it for a bit.. And when HesteN gives you any type of comments which it may be constructive or not, everything helps. i do mean everything someone says to you helps.. And don't make everything in mappign perfect, screw aroudn with borders, and learn the map editor.

Back