• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Karoxer Beginners Tryhard..

Karoxer

Reaction score
Hello guys, I created this thread to show some of my "arts" if i could even call this like that xD I'm doing my little ots project (treat it like hobby) and spend part of free time to learn scripting, mapping etc. Finally i decided to create own sprites to make's it more unique and climatic. Its my first attempt to make something on my own. I never used any graphic program before ; o So here we go!
firstexample.jpg
The first one i made was the legs on the top. I used simple leather legs (from regular tibia) and edited by adding some new objects and make diff colors. The shapes of other items i made by myself (just looking at some examples to have some kind of view). Feel free to comment ; D Any tips or tricks would be very useful.
I'm using GIMP as graphic tool, and if i could ask here, how to make it look's less pixeled and make it looks better(don't know right word xD Hope you will get what i mean).
Thanks for your patience, and sorry for bad English, don't have much occasions to practise it. I reserve my sprites for my project ;o

Last edited:
I think they look great. I love the style that you are going with.

As far as pixelated, if you're talking about the pixel blur around the outside of the items, then I'll tell you how to solve that.

With gimp: When opening a new file (with a white background), use the magic wand tool and select the whole thing. Then go to (I think... I'm on my phone saying this from memory) colors > color to alpha > ok

This will make the image transparent.

From there you can make your sprite without it pixelating around it. When you finish the sprite, it's a good idea to go ahead and fill the background color to the one that the client ignores.(I don' know the exact color right off hand, but it's a pink color. Just open up an existing sprite somewhere and use the color picker to choose the right background color).

Another program that I like using alongside of gimp is Piskel.

It's a free pixel art program that is really easy to use. To me, it's an easier way to outline and shade new sprites.

So I usually use Piskel to rough out a new sprite and get some color going, and then use gimp to tweak and animate.

Another VERY useful feature that Piskel has, is the ability to darken or lighten shades of color automatically with a pencil-like tool.

I hope this helped, keep it up, with some practice I think you have the ability to make some really nice sprites :)

@MikeOT Thanks for some tips :D Exactly i make sprites with alpha (its called renders, but I'm not sure). I will try use Piskel program, maybe I manage to make sprites with better quality :D After i solve my problem with importing sprites to client (Importing Sprites thread where i try hard to do that, maybe You have any solution for it) I will start to create and adding here new sprites. I have a lot of ideas, but as far as i cannot check them in game I getting demotivated. Anyway thanks for comment, See Ya ! :)

Back