• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows lag, is it the packs fault? How's this pack?

elias27122

Reaction score
I downloaded this ages ago from here and back then enjoyed running around on it.
But now when i tried using it again my character stop every 4 tile and often just freezes.
it's supposed to be a realmap but how well done it is i have no idea.
Is this because this pack just suck or have i done something wrong?
i've tried to move map and files to use forgottenserver mystic but can't get it to work.

pc hosting
2x xeon l5420
64 bit windows
32 gb ram

only uses 5,5 gb ram when hosting.
so is it the pc or pack?
pack download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/jc7497raof4xsm3/Ot+9.81.rar

Last edited:
It really might be your processor.
Ram is worthless if your bottlenecked by your CPU.

Find a small map, or take a few minutes and make a small map.

Using the small map, do you have the same issue?
If someone else joins your server, do they lag as well?

If your running your client on the same machine as the server, have you tried limiting your FPS on the client?
If you have it as unlimited, you may be stealing resources from the server, and forcing it to lag.

If any of the above does not stop/reduce the stutters/lag, then it might be a script from the pack.

im not running my client on the same machine as the server
when others connect they also have the lag issue.

Using the forgotten map i did not have lag, but then i used mystic spirit and not the global exe thing in the pack i used before.

is it really my processor then?

I'm going to say yes.
Larger maps require more "thinking per second" to accommodate all the extra items.

If you want to host a real map, I'd suggest having at least an i5 motherboard and a medium-high end processor.

Your processor is basically the heart of your computer.

Ram helps store already processed data for later use, but the processor does all the work.
If the processor can't keep up with the amount of processing required for your application, it will lag the entire program and possibly the entire system.

I'm going to say yes.
Larger maps require more "thinking per second" to accommodate all the extra items.

If you want to host a real map, I'd suggest having at least an i5 motherboard and a medium-high end processor.

Your processor is basically the heart of your computer.

Ram helps store already processed data for later use, but the processor does all the work.
If the processor can't keep up with the amount of processing required for your application, it will lag the entire program and possibly the entire system.

Okay, thank you for your help :)

Back