• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lag when logout or die

Zerak

http://otstatus.com/
Reaction score
Hello,
when I play on my server on the dedicated server and die or log out, I freeze for like 30 seconds.

But when I play on localhost, this never happens, I logout instantly and everything.

Does anybody have the same issue or had the same issue? I am using TFS 0.4 Rev3777. I need this fixed as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Try to recompile TFS and look on globalevents on save.lua. Maybe disable this option fix your problem. I'm not sure, you have to try all of the ways.

Try to recompile TFS and look on globalevents on save.lua. Maybe disable this option fix your problem. I'm not sure, you have to try all of the ways.

I do not recompile TFS since I don't want to break anything... But I also changed from and older rev of TFS 0.4 to TFS 0.4, I added my scripts to it, didn't replace any files such as save.lua, ondeath.lua, save.lua, etc. So I wonder what the problem is. I've tried with 3 .exes

I think it has something to do with the host. But I have tried on my own computer and on dedicated server. They both have the same issue but when I log in with 127.0.0.1 then this never happens, but when somebody else joins my server on my computer, that happens. This also happens to me when I am on the dedi. So I think this happens to anyone not connected to 127.0.0.1 or localhost.

Do you have the same problem with a default datapack?

Not really but could you send me a better .exe TFS 0.4 Rev 3777 ? Maybe that could be the problem, either that or my scripts. But I havent' touched creaturescripts or Globalevents.

EDIT:
I tried removing all my globalevents and creaturescripts (not remove but disable all my custom ones) but it still occured

Good is to find out where the problem is, I've seen alot of people who used this rev but didn't have this problem.
You can test the server with a default datapack, if that still gives the same problem you can also try to use a different server, for example TFS 0.3.6 or a total different one like Mystic Spirit, to see if it could be something in the source.

Good is to find out where the problem is, I've seen alot of people who used this rev but didn't have this problem.
You can test the server with a default datapack, if that still gives the same problem you can also try to use a different server, for example TFS 0.3.6 or a total different one like Mystic Spirit, to see if it could be something in the source.

The thing is that I used other revision before this one and we had the same issues. I thought moving over to this rev would fix it.
I took all actions, movements, talkactions and map from old datapack, then I remade everything else, so I don't know what the problem is :/
Also when I log in via localhost or 127.0.0.1, this never happens to me, it only happens to other players connected to my ip.

If you have the same issues with a total different server, for example 0.3.6 or 0.2, you can try a different host.
But could try first with a default datapack, just to test if it's caused by any of the scripts in the datapack.

If you have the same issues with a total different server, for example 0.3.6 or 0.2, you can try a different host.
But could try first with a default datapack, just to test if it's caused by any of the scripts in the datapack.

So you mean to tell me I wasted 150€ ? :p And it has same issue on my computer so it's 2 hosts that don't work. But sure, I will test the datapack after.
FakeJR is recompiling the .exe right now for me so I hope this fixes it all :p

Already tried to use a default datapack to see what happens then?

All my friends are asleep now so I am not able to have anyone to try for me. Are you able to log into 8.60 server and check for yourself?
My friend went asleep 5 minutes ago, after testing the new .exe and laatido.

Not sure if this is helping or not, but in the cmd, it says that the player has logged out but the client of the player is stuck/frozen for like 20-40 sec.

The number one tip i could give you but might not be relevant is to use a Linux-based host, i've had some major issues with a fully functional server while running on certain windows Machines, includuding lag and sometimes even crashes. Try running the same server under ubuntu server or equivalent.

Back