• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Last step on QUESTS

CuGaT92

Reaction score
Hi. During that day I was searching and researching about quests system. I need to say thanks to Limos for his/her post about it. But on the last step of my quests I think I have a problem. I can see the quest when I accept the first mission. And I can see the mission I need to do when I accepted it. But I only see the mission description (missionstep_description) when I've finished the mission. But... why I can't see it while I'm doing the quest, to see what I need to do?

FOR EXAMPLE:

<quest name="I - First Steps" startstorageid="5001" startstoragevalue="1">
<mission name="Searching the Spellbook." storageid="5001" startvalue="1" endvalue="2">
<missionstate id="1" description="Go to the library and talk to NPC."/>
</mission>
<mission name="The Spellbook exists!" storageid="5001" startvalue="2" endvalue="3">
<missionstate id="1" description="Go to your house and show the book to your mom."/>
</mission>
<mission name="Never forget the rope." storageid="5001" startvalue="4" endvalue="5">
<missionstate id="1" description="Go to your room, take the rope and go show it to your mom."/>
</mission>
</quest>

>>> I talk to MOM and I accept the quest/mission.
On QUESTS it appears <I - First Steps\Searching the Spellbook.\No description.>
>>> I go to NPC and I take the Spellbook (Mission1 reward).
On QUESTS it appears <I - First Steps\Searching the Spellbook.\Go to the library and talk to NPC.>
>>> I accept the NPC mission (same quest).
On QUESTS it appears <I - First Steps\The Spellbook exists!\No description.>
>>> I talk to MOM and I get some XP (Mission2 reward).
On QUESTS it appears <I - First Steps\The Spellbook exists!\Go to your house and show the book...>
>>> I accept the MOM new mission (same quest).
On QUESTS it appears <I - First Steps\Never forget the rope.\No description.>
>>> I take the rope and I go talk to MOM. I finish the mission/quest and I get the last reward.
Then on QUESTS it appears <I - First Steps\Never forget the rope.\Go to your room, take the rope and...>

I tryed chaging storageid="5001" to 5002 and 5003 on the mission2 and mission3 but that not worked.
I tryed to change missionstate id="1" to 2 and 3 on the mission2 and mission3 but that not worked.

When I haven't got the quest, playerstoragevalue is "-1". When I accept the first mission it changes to "1". When I get the book I auto-accept the second mission and playerstoragevalue changes to "2". Then I get the reward from MOM and playerstoragevalue changes to "3". Later, If I accept the next mission it changes to "4" and If I finish it, changes last time to "5".

I think there's all. xD

Back