• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[League of Legends] General Discussion

Had to play against 1998 elo jayce and ended with 0-6
so fun balance in normal games

Last edited:
Jayce has been quite lame last couple of times I've met him in top lane, ( It's my main lane so I stomp most people there ). Teemo shuts down Jayce completely. Being melee is no problem either. His skillshots are so easily dodged unless you're sleeping, plus standing behind minions, while still holding your distance between minions and you will turn Jayce almost harmless as minions blocks his skillshot. Jayce doesn't counter many. He's easily shut down by many other top laners. In my opinion, he's useless. He can go support botlane, nunu-style.

@UP, you know you start with 1000 elo right? :) Win all first 10 and you're 1600/1700+

@UP, you know you start with 1000 elo right? :) Win all first 10 and you're 1600/1700+
typo :D it was 1998
idk he just stands in front of my minions and harrasses the shit out of me. I dont make ANY dmg to him and he takes me from full hp to 0 in ~3sec this is just fcked up

They've failed balancing normals & ranked match-making. You have hidden rating in normal depending on your wins (like in ranked) and that's how you're matched up. The more wins & less loss in normal = profit, But it doesn't count in ranked games :p that's where they failed.

Urgot, Acid Hunter; Lock-on missile cast range reduced to 1200 from 1500
cubs-champagne.jpg

TIME TO PARTY

They've failed balancing normals & ranked match-making. You have hidden rating in normal depending on your wins (like in ranked) and that's how you're matched up. The more wins & less loss in normal = profit, But it doesn't count in ranked games :p that's where they failed.

You have Elo in normal queues aswell, your matched depending on Elo not how many wins you have. The same goes for ranked, where exactly did they fail? Seems fine to me, normal game Elo shouldn't affect your match making in ranked.

I think normal elo is a bunch of bullshit, I have 989 wins and like 984 loss, meaning my elo is prob 1200s, yet I get matched with people that have like 700 wins and 400 loss, their elo should be 2000~. Why would I get matched with people like that?

I think normal elo is a bunch of bullshit, I have 989 wins and like 984 loss, meaning my elo is prob 1200s, yet I get matched with people that have like 700 wins and 400 loss, their elo should be 2000~. Why would I get matched with people like that?

Yeah, it's kinda odd, I was in TTL with 1 friend a level 28 with 160 wins, a random level 30 with 220 wins and me with 285~ wins and we got matched against people with 900, 780 and 440 wins, like wtf?

Yeah, it's kinda odd, I was in TTL with 1 friend a level 28 with 160 wins, a random level 30 with 220 wins and me with 285~ wins and we got matched against people with 900, 780 and 440 wins, like wtf?

It's very simple, they match you to the next close elo number.

Even if it was 2000 wins, they will match you eventually with someone.

It's very simple, they match you to the next close elo number.

Even if it was 2000 wins, they will match you eventually with someone.

Like he said, your whole teams ELO is calculated & then put up with a team that has similar ELO.
Mathmatically it's flawless, but in actual play, you can't calculate a groups exact skill with numbers which is why alot of people complain about it.

- - - Updated - - -

He's premading with someone who has an ELO similar to yours.
They wont all have ELO like that it's too high, if that's what he's telling you he is lying.

See it's what alot of people are doing in Ranked, you get a friend to make another level 30, get him to completely trash his ELO, then premade with him, your own ELO wont go up as fast, but it'll still go up. (Though if am not wrong this was sort've fixed awhile back, i don't keep up with LoL anymore)

It's not, even I have experienced the match-making fail.
Just search google, I dont know how exactly it's calculated but it's not flawless.

I've seen cases when high elo players que up together. 2100+. Often it happends that a 1500/1600+ player pops in to just make the numbers equal on both teams. It's not a very effective system.

The system will always try to match you so that you have a 50% chance of win/loss each time.

It's not, even I have experienced the match-making fail.
Just search google, I dont know how exactly it's calculated but it's not flawless.

I've seen cases when high elo players que up together. 2100+. Often it happends that a 1500/1600+ player pops in to just make the numbers equal on both teams. It's not a very effective system.

Well from what I read, the longer you are in the queue, the larger the "spread" of acceptable Elos. For example, let's say you are 2k Elo, and you queued and there's not really enough players to be matched with you. The longer you are in the queue, the system allows enemies/teammates to have lower/higher Elos, so you could get matched with 1600 and 2.4k, but at an Elo where there are a lot of players(1.5k for example), you're much more likely to be matched with equal Elo enemies.

It's not perfect, and it fails, but it's better than waiting for 15 minutes in queue then someone dodges and you have to wait 15 minute more. I used to play World of Warcraft and queue times over there were terrible because of this problem. You're matched with the same teams over and over, possibly 10 times in a row, and sometimes each games lasts 45 minutes and ends with a draw(both sides lose).

Sounds very likely. I myself only play normals nowadays as the only account I own is my first one. I trashed my elo at lvl 30 when being in Nordic East. I took it down to 550~. I built it up on my own carrying while jungling. As I couldn't relay on others I made sure to trash their lane's opponent. Jungling Lee Sin, Malphite, Alistar, Irelia, Jax or Nautilus while give you an opportunity to gank a lane almost 90% of the time no matter if he's close to the tower or not. They also scale well late-game.

I moved to West and I started supporting in ranked and duo going AD carry. I'm currently 6-1 with Sona, 4-2 Alistar, Nunu 1-0, Janna, 5-2 and Taric 2-0. This being a more reliable source late-game we won more than I did alone. I'm currently 950 in rating ( I play ranked less than once a month actually ^_^, Me, my duo-friend ( actual RL Friend ) and a couple more plays normal premade 5vs5 instead. We even bugged once ( Well, I did ). He first picked Janna for me. Then I couldn't pick one of my own. I got Nunu. So we played Janna AD carry & nunu support botlane vs alistar + varus. We crushed that lane and won after 20 minutes actually.

Just a tip for you if you're in elo hell ( Which I still am, I just cant be arsed to continue on a regular basis )

Jungler
Duo-partner
Support ( Be more active, global so you can prevent noobs dieing all the freaking time )
Ad Carry ( Win lane, win game 90% of the games, other 10% is trolls, afkers in your team )

Also Warwick & Malzahar can snowball very well, most champs are just inferior to them late-game and their skillset is amazing.

Oh and dont play Nordic East if you expect good players.

I heard a while ago you can post and ask rioters to play with you for your 1000s win, does anybody know in which section of the forums that is?

Back