• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OTClient Light coming through floor.

Arkemis

Reaction score
TFS 1.3 (Nekiros 8.6 downgrade)
OtClient/Mehah

Light is coming through the floor, however it doesn't happen with cip client.
unknown.png

this is the view in rme, and the offending torch.
unknown.png

1633590968474.png

The light disappears if a player stands on the square.

Any help in learning how to address this would be appreciated.

Solution
Can you elaborate because there are tiles there. I can stand on them. It occurs wherever those corner tiles are used.
Check the upper floors, maybe under the walls or under a big object, there's a tile missing. That's why that light is comming from the upper floor. Another way to illuminate the enviroment that I did, requieres modified .spr. You can create a "fill light" object with the properties of a "nothing special tile" and get the following parameters into it.
1633724715620.png

Then I spread the new object in the caves like this:
cave.png

And the outcome should be a much better ambient.
cave2.png

Regards!
Can you elaborate because there are tiles there. I can stand on them. It occurs wherever those corner tiles are used.
Check the upper floors, maybe under the walls or under a big object, there's a tile missing. That's why that light is comming from the upper floor. Another way to illuminate the enviroment that I did, requieres modified .spr. You can create a "fill light" object with the properties of a "nothing special tile" and get the following parameters into it.
1633724715620.png

cave.png

cave2.png

Regards!

Solution

cave.png

cave2.png

Regards!
Thanks i'll look into it. I figured if it was something missing in RME it would show up in both clients. And it happens anywhere those particular stone pattern corner floor tiles are used.

I figured if it was something missing in RME it would show up in both clients. And it happens anywhere those particular stone pattern corner floor tiles are used.
Im not sure, but I think that vainilla clients works different. They show the lighting sources considering floors, and the lighting from light sources only applies to the floor where they are. Not sure if light sources intervene on other floors. But on mehah's the lighting sources has much more contrast, and are much more noticed. Think it applies to the current floors and the upper/below ones if there's a space where the light can change floor.

Not the best explaination, but I think the point gets clear xD
Regards!