• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

linux hosting debain 8.5.0 64bit

Fu Manchu

Sepultra™
Reaction score
Ok so I am using Debain 8.5.0 64bit, and I'm very new to linux. My understanding of linux atm is at like 5%. But i have it installed on my daily rig so I can tune up my skills fast. At least that's the idea. So Ive been going threw these compile guides. and Ive found two so far that have been helpful.

https://otland.net/threads/linux-ultimate-compile-guide-for-debian-ubuntu-included.2868/ (elf)
and I cannot find the other as of this time. I have a feeling that most of my problems lies within missing files or bad directories. I could sit here and post error after error. But I really would like for some one on one help. such as skype chat or an irc. Someone that can not only help me solve the problem but explain to me what the problem actually was. As of now I'm really just trying to figure out how all permissions work. I also keep a document up of simple linux commands untill I can remember them now this elf guide i know like the back of my hand. and can do it over and over again. but I'm missing libboost thread blah blah blah. I tried downloading the .dev and it fixed one but not the other 3, that where very similar in name.

I'm willing to do a clean install of O.S. if need be. if some one can just spend an hour or two walking me threw this. while i take notes.

my error
checking for _Bool... no
checking for main in -lboost_thread-gcc-mt... no
checking for main in -lboost_thread-mt... no
checking for main in -lboost_thread... yes
checking for main in -lboost_regex-gcc-mt... no
checking for main in -lboost_regex-mt... no
checking for main in -lboost_regex... yes
checking for main in -lboost_system-gcc-mt... no
checking for main in -lboost_system-mt... no
checking for main in -lboost_system... yes
checking for main in -lpthread... yes