• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux or Windows

Sasir

PrOGaMeR
Reaction score
What do you think which system is better to host an OT with real tibia map, Is it linux or windows???

I heard that many ots with real tbiia map are standing on dedicated server based on Linux but thats hard to configure and the server wont LAGG when many ppls will play on it, Is it true?

How diffrent is windows?
Will there be more laggs if the OT is gonna be hosted on Windows?

Let's say it like this.

My hoster had like 15-25% CPU usage when on windows, and now when he's running Linux he's having 0.5-2.5% CPU usage. So now, you decide. ;)

Do you want to visit the forums everyday just to solve your linux problems or do you want to host your server on windows? Linux might be better but it will probably be a pain in the a**. Good luck.

Ye i see, then i prefer windows cause i got no idea about linux :p

Maybe if i find someone that help me to make an ot on Linux but if not then im gonan host it on windows ;(

If you don't want to spend time learning linux, use windows.
Don't expect to just download linux and expect it working.
I personally are tired of helping 15 people a day with their simplest linux errors :D:D:D

But Cato , if im done with my real map ot and then i buy an dedciated server that costs about 200 euros vould u help me to configure all so it works? Ofc you will get something for that :p

But Cato , if im done with my real map ot and then i buy an dedciated server that costs about 200 euros vould u help me to configure all so it works? Ofc you will get something for that :p

You don't need my help just follow 1 of 5 tutorials here about it ; )

But i got no idea about it and i dont know even how to star haha :p Anyways i need help with my OT so im asking , Would you be ready to help me with it?

200 euros? You can find one for like 40 :O

The most annoying thing people find is CaSe-SenSiTiViTy and permissions in linux ;/

Btw: There is no do-it-all button in *nix

I know that i can find one for 40 but i want an good root server which can hold 300+players, Well 200 euros for first month and everynext only 100 :p

The server got like 8 gm ram and 6400+ CPU :p

But i got no idea about it and i dont know even how to star haha :p Anyways i need help with my OT so im asking , Would you be ready to help me with it?

As I already stated, I'm tired of helping 15 people a day. If you don't know how to do it, then don't do it or learn how to do it.

@up

There is no next, next, next and install too :p

Many things comes with an installer which you just have to run and follow the steps.
I don't get why everyone is like, they hear linux omg are you kidding me(the persons get a cold grip and thinks "omg what a geek"). You can't use that!!! WAAAAY to advanced.
It's not that hard and you can use linux which is as easy as windows.

I know that i can find one for 40 but i want an good root server which can hold 300+players, Well 200 euros for first month and everynext only 100 :p

The server got like 8 gm ram and 6400+ CPU :p

Like any of the servers can hold 300+

Well, if your server will run with the actual TFS, you can rent a server with 4 processors and 16GB of RAM, it will be lagged anyway :(

What I hate the most is idiots coming with bad comments instead of trying to do stuff better.

200 euros? You can find one for like 40 :O

The most annoying thing people find is CaSe-SenSiTiViTy and permissions in linux ;/

Btw: There is no do-it-all button in *nix

I find it a good thing :D:D

Last edited:
Many things comes with an installer which you just have to run and follow the steps.
I don't get why everyone is like, they hear linux omg are you kidding me(the persons get a cold grip and thinks "omg what a geek"). You can't use that!!! WAAAAY to advanced.
It's not that hard and you can use linux which is as easy as windows.

Ah, realy? I'm talking about a remote dedicated server, you can't run an installer GUI via SSH. Then, if you want run linux and have a GUI you need to pay for a KVM over IP.

What I hate the most is idiots coming with bad comments instead of trying to do stuff better.

I am not criticising the TFS, I'm also using TFS and trying to find the root of this problem. I am only telling him that if he'll use TFS, no matter what the configuration of the server, with 60+ players the server will be lagged after 1~2 hours of uptime.