• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux [LINUX] Tibia 8.6 using too much CPU

fyalhed

Reaction score
I miss to play OTs, so i download from my backups all my files 8.6 (tibia+mc, elfbot with a lot of scripts since global, ipchanger)...
Yes 8.6, i have no time to play on hands and this is the best version to play with bots (i love elfbot), i know a lot ppl here don't like this version, but i do and a lot of ppl do too, the 8.6 still the most populated servers

Its running with perfect compatibly and FPS
The only problem is each tibia is eating my GPU

I used to play with 10 characters with my old computer who was 10x more cheaper then my new one
My new one i open 2 tibia and look what happen:
KUDCWjR.png

Idk why but opengl version came disable, could be it?
SqcTB7t.png

SDWNTRp.png

Is anyone know why?

otclient is not an option, since bots there are too weak, and that version of kondra is closed code

Are these results with FPS limit or without? Keep in mind that no matter what hardware you get if you play without FPS limit your hardware always will be massively used also keep in mind that wine compatibility layer has it's own cpu cost too especially when it need to translate directx9 to opengl so your lack of the opengl option actually hurt your performance.
Here's a little example how 8.54 client eats my resources when I don't have any FPS limit:
DBA.png

Lower FPS limit. Old Tibia clients tend to have high CPU.

I've set to 10, and change from 50% to 30%
I think it is something on wine/playonlinux 30% still an absurd

if you call AFK players (ghost town) = people then yes your statement is true 😁

That is not the point of the topic

Anyways..

I played 7x,8x,10x
7x have lot bots too, its my favorite to play on hands
10x have bots too, there are a few customs goods, i just don't play cause global new days are too easy and now days there arent a lot of bots on global

ghost town, deserts, i think i got a mirage on DP
bzXAvf2.png

Are these results with FPS limit or without? Keep in mind that no matter what hardware you get if you play without FPS limit your hardware always will be massively used also keep in mind that wine compatibility layer has it's own cpu cost too especially when it need to translate directx9 to opengl so your lack of the opengl option actually hurt your performance.
Here's a little example how 8.54 client eats my resources when I don't have any FPS limit:
DBA.png

And with 10 fps limit, no show light, it got 30% GPU too?

Did u know why OpenGL option came disabled?

With 10 fps limit I get 1-2% GPU and 0.2% CPU usage so yes it seems weird, even considering that it needs to translate draw calls between different api's it should result with higher CPU usage not GPU.
About disabled OpenGL client disable it when wglGetExtensionsStringARB doesn't report WGL_ARB_pbuffer or WGL_ARB_pixel_format extensions available(cipsoft used PB instead of FBO on legacy clients), so for some reason your wine don't report support for pixel buffer.

With 10 fps limit I get 1-2% GPU and 0.2% CPU usage so yes it seems weird, even considering that it needs to translate draw calls between different api's it should result with higher CPU usage not GPU.
About disabled OpenGL client disable it when wglGetExtensionsStringARB doesn't report WGL_ARB_pbuffer or WGL_ARB_pixel_format extensions available(cipsoft used PB instead of FBO on legacy clients), so for some reason your wine don't report support for pixel buffer.

do u know how to fix this stuff so we can run 8.6 client on opengl?

I've set to 10, and change from 50% to 30%
I think it is something on wine/playonlinux 30% still an absurd

That is not the point of the topic

Anyways..

I played 7x,8x,10x
7x have lot bots too, its my favorite to play on hands
10x have bots too, there are a few customs goods, i just don't play cause global new days are too easy and now days there arent a lot of bots on global

ghost town, deserts, i think i got a mirage on DP
bzXAvf2.png

wow, never saw a bot town, this is my first time, ty, amazing.

do u know how to fix this stuff so we can run 8.6 client on opengl?
It actually depends on the reason why your driver don't send pixel buffer extension at all. Are your graphics driver up-to date?
If it's bug with reporting extensions and you still can use pixe buffer operations then simply disabling checking for extensions should do the job.
However if you can't use pixel buffer at all due to your driver lacking support then the only option is doing things hard-way, that is changing the way client do rendering operations that is by changing them to available method that is renderbuffer object, framebuffer object, auxiliary buffer or direct drawing on backbuffer.

Last edited:
It actually depends on the reason why your driver don't send pixel buffer extension at all. Are your graphics driver up-to date?
If it's bug with reporting extensions and you still can use pixe buffer operations then simply disabling checking for extensions should do the job.
However if you can't use pixel buffer at all due to your driver lacking support then the only option is doing things hard-way, that is changing the way client do rendering operations that is by changing them to available method that is renderbuffer object, framebuffer object, auxiliary buffer or direct drawing on backbuffer.

those prints means something?
Code:
[02/15/20 12:24:25] - Running wine-4.0.3 Tibia.exe (Working directory : /home/ken/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/tibia/drive_c/Tibia 8.60)
0009:fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32f5a8,0x00000000), stub!
0009:fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),1,0x32f5a8,0x00000000), stub!
0009:fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32e768,0x00000000), stub!
0009:fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32e368,0x00000000), stub!
0009:fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32d748,0x00000000), stub!
002b:fixme:d3d:state_linepattern_w Setting line patterns is not supported in OpenGL core contexts.

the only solution i found on internet was force to open as directx, but it would not fix that CPU problem :(

i'm still not manage to fix this problem :(

i tried to update my wine to 5.0

m9ZrCBh.png

but still new bugs:
Code:
[04/14/20 00:31:08] - Running wine-5.0 Tibia.exe (Working directory : /home/flavio/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/otserver/drive_c/Tibia 8.60)
002f:fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
002f:fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation info_class SYSTEM_PERFORMANCE_INFORMATION
0031:fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
0031:fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation info_class SYSTEM_PERFORMANCE_INFORMATION
0033:fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
0033:fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation info_class SYSTEM_PERFORMANCE_INFORMATION
0033:err:mscoree:LoadLibraryShim error reading registry key for installroot
0033:fixme:msi:internal_ui_handler internal UI not implemented for message 0x0b000000 (UI level = 5)
0033:fixme:msi:internal_ui_handler internal UI not implemented for message 0x0b000000 (UI level = 5)
002f:fixme:msi:internal_ui_handler internal UI not implemented for message 0x0b000000 (UI level = 1)
002f:fixme:msi:internal_ui_handler internal UI not implemented for message 0x0b000000 (UI level = 1)
0039:fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
0039:fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation info_class SYSTEM_PERFORMANCE_INFORMATION
0039:fixme:msi:internal_ui_handler internal UI not implemented for message 0x0b000000 (UI level = 1)
0039:fixme:msi:internal_ui_handler internal UI not implemented for message 0x0b000000 (UI level = 1)
0024:err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
0024:fixme:dwmapi:DwmIsCompositionEnabled 0000000006810434
003b:fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyIpInterfaceChange (family 0, callback 0x274306d, context 0x5541e0, init_notify 0, handle 0x760fa00): stub
0024:fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation info_class SYSTEM_PERFORMANCE_INFORMATION
0051:fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
0051:fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation info_class SYSTEM_PERFORMANCE_INFORMATION
0051:fixme:msi:internal_ui_handler internal UI not implemented for message 0x0b000000 (UI level = 1)
0051:fixme:msi:internal_ui_handler internal UI not implemented for message 0x0b000000 (UI level = 1)
004f:err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
0053:fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyIpInterfaceChange (family 0, callback 0x239f537, context 0x2a39a8, init_notify 0, handle 0x69ffce8): stub
004f:fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation info_class SYSTEM_PERFORMANCE_INFORMATION
wine: configuration in L"/home/flavio/.PlayOnLinux//wineprefix/otserver" has been updated.
0009:fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation info_class SYSTEM_PERFORMANCE_INFORMATION
0069:fixme:d3d:state_linepattern_w Setting line patterns is not supported in OpenGL core contexts.

[04/14/20 00:32:32] - Running wine-5.0 Tibia.exe (Working directory : /home/flavio/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/otserver/drive_c/Tibia 8.60)
0009:fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation info_class SYSTEM_PERFORMANCE_INFORMATION
002c:fixme:d3d:state_linepattern_w Setting line patterns is not supported in OpenGL core contexts.

even when i try this changes..

v91FBPL.png

Code:
[04/14/20 02:07:40] - Running wine-5.0 Tibia.exe (Working directory : /home/flavio/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/otserver/drive_c/Tibia 8.60)
002d:fixme:d3d:state_linepattern_w Setting line patterns is not supported in OpenGL core contexts.

it still with bugs is @fabian766 do u know how to fix it?

even on playonlinux forum no want to help us :(
ppl dont give a fuck about tibia

Back