• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux LINUX UBUNTU 16.04 [Error - LuaScriptInterface::loadFile] ¿Not finding the route files ?

Kuantikum

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello guys!

I have some issue with this...

Opens normally on windows.
1596747142074.png

I compiled in linux, when I open the server in linux, I get the following error:
1596747184593.png

Lua:
[Error - LuaScriptInterface::loadFile] cannot open data/spells/scripts/lib/ps/events/spells/Evolve.lua: No such file or directory
[Warning - Event::loadScript] Cannot load script (data/spells/scripts/lib/ps/events/spells/Evolve.lua)
cannot open data/spells/scripts/lib/ps/events/spells/Evolve.lua: No such file or directory

In spells we find these files:
Lua:
\data\spells
1596747026518.png

I understand that the files the system is looking for are at:
Lua:
\data\lib\ps\events\spells

1596746863663.png

I understand that linux is looking for the literal route "data/spells/scripts/../../lib/ps/events/spells/Evolve.lua" and is not following the shortcut proposed by:
Lua:
../../

I am assuming that linux is not recognizing the route from where the files are located.

I am already very grateful for your help 🥰

Show the XML entry

It is in: /server/data/spells
Lua:
<instant name="Evolve" words="*o1" enabled="0" script="../../lib/ps/events/spells/Evolve.lua"/>

And the i understand the archives it is looking for are in: /server/data/lib/ps/events/spells

Try only:
Lua:
<instant name="Evolve" words="*o1" enabled="0" script="../lib/ps/events/spells/Evolve.lua"/>

The "same".

Lua:
[Error - LuaScriptInterface::loadFile] cannot open data/spells/scripts/../lib/ps/events/spells/Evolve.lua: No such file or directory
[Warning - Event::loadScript] Cannot load script (data/spells/scripts/../lib/ps/events/spells/Evolve.lua)
cannot open data/spells/scripts/../lib/ps/events/spells/Evolve.lua: No such file or directory

Wouldn't it be easier to just try to copy these scripts to the "default folder" /data/ spells/scripts ? Or have you tried to do this in that way?

I thought of doing that, but these are files, which apparently must be in LIBS and not in spells. Remembering that in windows, it opens normally without any change. As far as I can understand is that "../../" refers to a "shortcut" or "redirect" to where the files really are, that is: The entry is made by the .xml that is in spells and redirected to the files that are in LIBS, I don't know if I explain myself well. But this is what I understand.

When i try to remove "../../" i get this:

Lua:
[Error - LuaScriptInterface::loadFile] cannot open data/spells/scripts/lib/ps/events/spells/Evolve.lua: No such file or directory
[Warning - Event::loadScript] Cannot load script (data/spells/scripts/lib/ps/events/spells/Evolve.lua)
cannot open data/spells/scripts/lib/ps/events/spells/Evolve.lua: No such file or directory

I think it's a error on ubuntu 16.04, bcos in my (ubuntu 18.04) it returns to server/data normaly when use ../../
Maybe if you try to update ubuntu apt it might work
Code:
apt-get update && apt-get upgrade
If that doesn't work, I have no idea how to solve

I think it's a error on ubuntu 16.04, bcos in my (ubuntu 18.04) it returns to server/data normaly when use ../../
Code:

Ill try it on 18.04.

Code:

Someone could tell me if this is really an error in the Linux version or there is another rule when exposing the "shortcut ../../"

dude I've skipped reading all others post here just to tell you that linux IS CASE SENSITIVE, that is why your server runs fine on windows but you get not found on linux, if your XML has an entry pointing to file=Filename.lua and your lua file is called filename.lua, it will work fine on windows but not on linux because IT IS CASE SENSITIVE

if that is not the case then you are linking them very wrong on the xml file

dude I've skipped reading all others post here just to tell you that linux IS CASE SENSITIVE, that is why your server runs fine on windows but you get not found on linux, if your XML has an entry pointing to file=Filename.lua and your lua file is called filename.lua, it will work fine on windows but not on linux because IT IS CASE SENSITIVE

if that is not the case then you are linking them very wrong on the xml file

I suspected from the beginning, I did some tests, but I received the same error, I will review it to see if it really is IT IS CASE SENSITIVE. Many thanks for the reply.

not only file names, but folder names too! check them all!

After simplifying the server for a test version, I removed all the remaining entries and left only a few so that I can do the tests. I revised the case of uppercase and lowercase letters for all files and folders, revised both ways and the original form and always got the same error. I verified that the files that the system requests were actually inside the folder.
Lua:
[Error - LuaScriptInterface::loadFile] cannot open data/spells/scripts/../../lib/ps/events/spells/evolve.lua: No such file or directory
[Warning - Event::loadScript] Cannot load script (data/spells/scripts/../../lib/ps/events/spells/evolve.lua)
cannot open data/spells/scripts/../../lib/ps/events/spells/evolve.lua: No such file or directory

What gives me to understand is that linux is taking literally as a route:
Lua:
data/spells/scripts/../../lib/ps/events/spells/evolve.lua

And it's not interpreting the shortcut (If this is a shortcut) :
Lua:
../../

When I remove the "shortcut" ../../ it looks like this:
Lua:
[Error - LuaScriptInterface::loadFile] cannot open data/spells/scripts/lib/ps/events/spells/evolve.lua: No such file or directory
[Warning - Event::loadScript] Cannot load script (data/spells/scripts/lib/ps/events/spells/evolve.lua)
cannot open data/spells/scripts/lib/ps/events/spells/evolve.lua: No such file or directory

We realized that the error is practically the same, but with a different route, and it is always added:
Lua:
data/spells/scripts/

Remembering that the .XML file is in the DATA/SPELLS folder and the files we are trying to access are in home/server/data/lib/ps/events/spells, for that reason I am thinking that ../../ is a shortcut that redirects where the files are located.

Any idea ?

Back