• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lloegrys, a side project

Siegh

Thronar Developer
Solutions
Reaction score
I suppose some here know me from Thronar, my other project, which, while I havent abandoned, is on a long pause. Now Im here to talk something new: a completely innovative project that goes even further away from normal tibia than Thronar does!

It's basic concepts revolve around a huge city containing all sorts of different things (which in fact will ammount to about 50% of the playable scenario). The player will be left in the city and will have a multitude of ways of developing further, such as joining different guilds, doing jobs here and there, stealing people, exploring dungeons and even joining the army!

It will be situated in the same universe as Thronar is, but on a far-away land about 100 years ago. I've written a prelude for it...

96168459.png

The Holy Kingdom of Lloegrys is at war against Thronar, to the east. The massive thronarian troops have captured Kraad back and now march to take over the Valley of Enoch, the holy lands of the ancient prophecies.
The capital is under strict militar control due to war, and leaving or entering it without the High Priests permission is forbidden, and any kind of quarrel, thievery and unsubordination is punished by either death or a life-time imprisionment.

A trading caravan, seeking more peaceful lands far-away to the west, is suddenly attacked by ruthless desert thives. Most of the caravaneers were either killed or taken away, and the others were left to die on the desert, endless in every direction. You are one of the "lucky" ones that survived, and by a stroke of luck got rescued by another caravan... but its destination is the exact opposite of your wishes, the militar ruled capital city of Lloegrys! Without any choice left, you enter the mighty fortified gates of the city and is soon left behind in one of the innumeral small alleys, filled with beggars and the most variated types of traders, from charlatans to exotic people from far-away lands...

Whats left to do now? How will you survive on this huge and dangerous city? You remember the militar training you received from the army you deserted, the same army that now rules this city with an iron-hand! Is fighting the only thing you are good at? That's what you will find out by trying to survive in Lloegrys...

Character Development and Systems
Characters in Lloegrys will have no class neither innate abillities, they will instead use an Attribute System to develop in a multitude of different ways. Attributes will be able to affect everything, HP, HP regen, magic resistance, evasion, accuracy, move speed, damage, block rate, etc. Lets look further into them:

Primary Attributes
Strenght: Increases overall physical damage.
Agility: Increases evasion, movement speed and attack speed.
Vitality: Increases maximum health and health regen.
Intelligence: Increases magic damage and maximum mana.

-Attributes are separated into primary and secondary with their own points, so the most marginalized ones such as Luck and Endurance will be more attractive to raise.

Secondary Attributes
Luck: Increases critical rating, evasion and accuracy.
Dexterity: Increases accuracy, critical rating, attack speed and physical damage.
Endurance: Increases maximum health, health regen, stamina regen and blocking.
Wisdom: Increases healing power, maximum mana, mana regeneration, magic resistance and debuff resistance.

While such systems has been already seen in many projects, there is an additional feature here: Secondary Attributes will also unlock you a variety of active or passive abillities! Here are a few examples of what you can get by leveling a certain attribute:

ENDURANCE
Moving Fortress: Increases blocking rate by 10%. (Requires: 5 Endurance) PASSIVE
Taunt: Forces a monster into attacking the caster. (Requires: 8 Endurance) Cost: 2 MP - 5 STM
Ironwill: Regenerates 25-50% of one-self's maximum health over 5 seconds when its health go below 25%; has a 5 minutes cooldown. (Requires: 11 Endurance) PASSIVE

LUCK
Lucky Stroke: Scoring a critical hit will increases your critical rating by +30% during the next 2 attacks; has a 30 seconds cooldown. (Requires: 5 Luck) PASSIVE
Treasure Hunter: Monsters killed have a chance to wield their exp value in cooper coins. (Requires: 8 Luck) PASSIVE
Miss Fortune: Increases debuff resistance by 20% and evasion by 5%. (Requires: 11 Luck) PASSIVE

Aside from Attributes and its abillities, Mastery Points will also be spent to develop and customize your character even further into some specific ways. These are the currently designed ones:

EQUIPMENT MASTERIES
Sword Wielding Lv1: Allows the use of swords up to level 10.
Dagger Wielding Lv1: Allows the use of daggers up to level 10.
Axe Wielding Lv1: Allows the use of axes up to level 10.
Hammer Wielding Lv1: Allows the use of hammers up to level 10.
Fist Fighting Lv1: Allows the use of fist weapons up to level 10.
Bow Wielding Lv1: Allows the use of bows up to level 10.
Crossbow Wielding Lv1: Allows the use of crossbows up to level 10.
Light Armor Lv1: Allows the use of light armors up to level 10.
Heavy Armor Lv1: Allows the use of heavy armors up to level 10.
Cloth Armor Lv1: Allows the use of cloth armors up to level 10.

WIELDING MASTERIES
One-Handed Weapons Lv1: Increases one-handed melee damage by 5. (includes dagger)
Two-Handed Weapons Lv1: Increases two-handed melee damage by 7. (includes fist)
Distance Weapons Lv1: Increases bow and crossbow damage by 9.
Light Armor Mastery Lv1: Increases evasion by +10% when wearing a full light set.
Heavy Armor Mastery Lv1: Increases maximum health by 50 when wearing a full heavy set.
Cloth Armor Mastery Lv1: Increases maximum mana by 10 when wearing a full cloth set.

SPECIALIZATIONS
Guardian Lv1: Increases blocking rate by +10%.
Finesse Lv1: Increases accuracy by +10%.
Slippery Lv1: Increases evasion by +10%.
Vital Force Lv1: Increases health regeneration by 2 per second.
Mind Force Lv1: Increases mana regeneration by 2 per 5 seconds.
Dash Lv1: Increases movement speed by 50 levels.
Fast Hands Lv1: Increases attack speed by -0.1 seconds.

More information coming soon...

Last edited:
You got my attention here, I would love to know more :)

I'm a fan of any server you make, you have that unique style and making a server for you is like art, you do what you want and I like that. I hope to see some of the same features in here as thronar :p

Can I please work on this one? Lol

In fact, one of the core ideas of this project is a complete redesigned tibian systems, things I can't do myself, and I will try to gather a team for it. Anyone that can help in programming/scripting is welcome.

Love the idea. I hope that you will allow player actions to have effect on future(if somebody gets enough powerfull).

Thanks for the support!
Ive updated the main post adding information about the character development, including attributes, abillities and materies!

I do understand that Tibia's format basically forces to fight and kill, and fight, and... However, I believe that too much emphasis on combat would kill city spirit and innovation, by converting it into "dungeon" with mask of city. And I see that players only grows in combat. Okay, it can work as it worked it all early tabletop D&D-s games but:
1) D&D is a different medium with different interaction between players
2) Most players will automatically focus on combat only, because of the reward which are obviously for combat only. Its like saying this game is about killing in city.
I hope rest of mechanics will give some attention to other fragments on the game. It would be a shame to lose all the unusual options created by city.

I do understand that Tibia's format basically forces to fight and kill, and fight, and... However, I believe that too much emphasis on combat would kill city spirit and innovation, by converting it into "dungeon" with mask of city. And I see that players only grows in combat. Okay, it can work as it worked it all early tabletop D&D-s games but:
1) D&D is a different medium with different interaction between players
2) Most players will automatically focus on combat only, because of the reward which are obviously for combat only. Its like saying this game is about killing in city.
I hope rest of mechanics will give some attention to other fragments on the game. It would be a shame to lose all the unusual options created by city.

I understand your concern, since I have shown combat stats so far, but everything will go around stablished guilds and role playing between them. There will be dungeons and a lot of it (I really like to focus on exploring and advancing), but there will be also countless npcs, story lines and places to join, invade, steal, hide, bribe, convince, travel.

For instance, if you make friends with the right persons in the slums, you might be able to join the Thieves Guild and earn their unique outfits and abillities. Or maybe you think that the crazy fortune teller in the square has something more interesting to teach yuo, you could become a member of the hidden Occult's Guild. You could even re-join the army in one of their troops, thats according to the choices and stories you follow.

And Siegh strikes again. I'm really glad to hear from you being active, and I can't say I'm not excited about this project. It looks very promising, and I'm really looking forward to hear from its development. Good luck with it!

Why make the merchant npcs so monotonous? Let's twist it up a bit, perhaps they will temporarily need materials at certain days for crafting and other days for hunting. Perhaps trader NPCs will vary depending upon nearing hunting spots monsters apparition frequency and the current raids. Just a piece of mind.

Only concepts so far, I will probably start scripting the easier stuff soon.
Please don't. It'd be my pleasure to lift you of that task. :)

Last edited:
Back