• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Locking doors

Reaction score
I have seen locked doors before, But I really have no clue how to do it and to set keys for the doors. Im assuming its some sort of script like in the script for doors but I am not a scripter nor do I have any experience in scripting.

Last edited:
Well seems easy enough but something is not going well in my case.

Im using TFS.3 I put the same ActionID in the door at the MapEditor, then I go to actions.xml and place this:

Code:
<action actionid="2087" script="other/doors.lua"/>

That's the ID of the key and the actionID on the door. So now I reset the server (or reload actions) and still I get the message that its the wrong key.. what could be the problem here?

you have to put action id on the doors then on the key...
YOu dont need to put anything in actions.xml so long its not quest

Well now Im getting confused.. how to add actionid to a key, and without using actions.xml?

Tought you just had to use the same ID of the key as an actionID on the door.. not setting the actionID on the door and then on the key.. how would you do this? This would be if like an item was placed on the map or chest and you add the actionID to the key by rightclick just like the door, right?? but how to do if I want to buy the key from an NPC or just create the key with the GM to reward some players?

How to make it so it works that way? Not from a placed key on map..

EDIT: In the mean time I made a script that's working but have to use 1 script for every different locked door, so if anyone has an easyer way I would apreciated

Last edited:
Well now Im getting confused.. how to add actionid to a key, and without using actions.xml?

Tought you just had to use the same ID of the key as an actionID on the door.. not setting the actionID on the door and then on the key.. how would you do this? This would be if like an item was placed on the map or chest and you add the actionID to the key by rightclick just like the door, right?? but how to do if I want to buy the key from an NPC or just create the key with the GM to reward some players?

How to make it so it works that way? Not from a placed key on map..

EDIT: In the mean time I made a script that's working but have to use 1 script for every different locked door, so if anyone has an easyer way I would apreciated

You can change attributes on items in-game by typing /attr actionid xxx when the item is lying in front of you (like when you do /r)

Back