• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux Long server save = kicks

Helga

GZH
Reaction score
Aight, so the database is growing like hell and there's 400+ players online... This leads to a 25~ seconds long server save. The save is taking up all the threads and this makes the players to get disconnected from the server.

Is it possible to fix this? Like change the timeout? Or leave a thread open for the connection?

Thanks in advance,
Helga

Hmm, if your database is huge, as I assume with that server save, you are using nothing else than a RL tibia map. (Big map). Lots of items to save.

What I would recommend would be to try swapping over to PostgreSQL.
You should also make sure to delete accounts below level xxx that haven't logged in the past week or so. This might help the performance slightly.

Well, work on stability, try to make it only as stable as possible and have one server save each day, like CIPsoft does.

You could also make the database smaller by making a more elegant system.

Instead of gold coins, platinum coins, crystal coins. You make it as "cash" saved in a storage value.

When killing a monster, instead of looting coins, you gain xxx cash.

SO you only have "cash" as value, and then you calculate from that cash 1k, 1kk etc.

You can also make mana potions have charges. TONS of 1x charge items that highlevels stuff their backpacks with, gives an entry on the database.

Last edited:
Thanks for your help but, we are getting closer and closer to RL tibia. Which is our goal. And I don't think changing the cash & supply system will help us out that much :p

This problem occured after we started using 0.4 tfs. When we had an earlier version it didn't cause any freezes or kicks at all. Just a 4sec save or so.

With Intel i7 Quad Core 920 8GB RAM DDR3
you really should not have a 25 sec lag. Something is weird. :/

I guess that pretty much mostly of the players are rather high level, and got tons of backpacks of items stored. :p

Yes thank you Znote that pretty much what I said.

And no, the mana pots are not the problem, and people don't got 38759573984759 gold coins in the depot, that's why it exists crystal coins.

So anyone know's how to prevent those kicks?

remove auto-save thats crap
1 global save (with backup) every 24h is enough.

When we use the latest rev from elf to keep our system updated, we come over some crash bugs which we havent fully fixed yet.

We solved about 4 crash bugs so far, but theres more.

If you don't know how to fix this, just dont reply acting like you know shit, thanks.

It happens, and then we don't want a reset back to the SS.

The only problem is that elf did something lately in some rev that caused the saves to be longer, and disconnects 50%~ of the people online.

Idk but make another "cc" upgrade so you dont have 1000 cc just insted 100 "cc" in a new item

100 cc = 1 "cc" of the new one?

But I think thats maybe to "custom" and then maybe do as Zonet said..

try this one in database

Code:
DELETE FROM players WHERE level < 50 AND lastlogin < UNIX_TIMESTAMP() - 20*24*60*60

Aight, so the database is growing like hell and there's 400+ players online... This leads to a 25~ seconds long server save. The save is taking up all the threads and this makes the players to get disconnected from the server.

Is it possible to fix this? Like change the timeout? Or leave a thread open for the connection?

Thanks in advance,
Helga

I got same problem i got server that is 7 months online without any cleaning of database, my server save take like 1-5 sec to save but it disconnected some players, not all :p

Idk but make another "cc" upgrade so you dont have 1000 cc just insted 100 "cc" in a new item

100 cc = 1 "cc" of the new one?

But I think thats maybe to "custom" and then maybe do as Zonet said..

try this one in database

Code:
DELETE FROM players WHERE level < 50 AND lastlogin < UNIX_TIMESTAMP() - 20*24*60*60

People dont have 100 piles of CC stacks dude, that aint the problem.

Your doing it wrong, however thanks stian.

We just need a solution until elf can fix it back to the way it was.

Lol, fun to see that people really think that crystal coins are the problem.

Anyways, since Gregor got the same problem even if the save just take 1-5 seconds, it means that it is not due the long time it saves. That means that save kicks players (maybe just if it's a big database?).

Anyone got this problem with a smaller database as well? Would help to locate the problem.

So I guess the problem is in TFS.

Edit: btw Gregor, are you using 0.4?

Back