• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux Long server save = kicks

Helga

GZH
Reaction score
Aight, so the database is growing like hell and there's 400+ players online... This leads to a 25~ seconds long server save. The save is taking up all the threads and this makes the players to get disconnected from the server.

Is it possible to fix this? Like change the timeout? Or leave a thread open for the connection?

Thanks in advance,
Helga

This happens on 0.4 tfs with this dedi.

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.33Ghz
12GB DDR3

So no, the server comp aint the problem.

Wow, I'm impressed how you just ignored Stians suggestion. :p

Having RAM problems with a 8GB ram computer? Running several OT servers on the same machine?

Last edited:
People dont have 100 piles of CC stacks dude, that aint the problem.

Your doing it wrong, however thanks stian.

We just need a solution until elf can fix it back to the way it was.

The "your doing it wrong" was to another person.
And the "thanks stian" was actually an appreciated thanks.

To be honest, he's the only person in this thread who have came up with something that made sense.

Wow, I'm impressed how you just ignored Stians suggestion. :p

Having RAM problems with a 8GB computer? Running several OT servers on the same machine?

We use 12gb, and the RAM aint the problem.

Give up, geez.

Yeah lol fuck my suggestion. Stian got me. I just noticed in this thread all the discussion is around it, but he didn't get a single reply. :p

If it helps, the people thats not getting disconnected is the people that have a bot connected (atleast elfbot) keeps the connection.
So "everyone" is getting kicked, its just the people with a bot connected that keeps the connection.

I've got the same problem that I'm trying to figure out.

Hope it helped. :)

If it helps, the people thats not getting disconnected is the people that have a bot connected (atleast elfbot) keeps the connection.
So "everyone" is getting kicked, its just the people with a bot connected that keeps the connection.

I've got the same problem that I'm trying to figure out.

Hope it helped. :)

Interesting ..

I think I have an idea of what is causing it now thanks to your info there about the bots.

I'll investigate it and will post here if I solve it.

The "noobish" way is to you change every table into MEMORY HEAP and never ever restart Mysql. The other way is to change my.ini, and use google for it.

The "noobish" way is to you change every table into MEMORY HEAP and never ever restart Mysql. The other way is to change my.ini, and use google for it.

You mean my.cnf? aight?

Anyways, here is mine:
Code:
key_buffer		= 1024M
max_allowed_packet	= 32M
thread_stack		= 192K
thread_cache_size       = 1000
table_cache             = 1024
sort_buffer_size	= 512M
read_buffer_size	= 8M
read_rnd_buffer_size	= 8M
query_cache_limit	= 2M
query_cache_size        = 256M

And it didn't help... What am I doing wrong? :( There's something I've missed...

Try mine:
Code:
key_buffer                                      = 64M
max_allowed_packet                              = 32M
thread_stack                                    = 256K
thread_cache_size                               = 32
table_cache                                     = 1024
sort_buffer_size                                = 4M
read_buffer_size                                = 2M
read_rnd_buffer_size                            = 8M
query_cache_limit                               = 32M
query_cache_size                                = 64M
query_cache_type                                = 1
tmp_table_size                                  = 64M
Try also optimize all tables, and try to increase:
Code:
innodb_buffer_pool_size

Last edited:
Make saving in a seperate thread and you'll get rid of kicks. And even the lag under saving (remember to make an extra Mysql connection for it).

Back