• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux Long server save = kicks

Helga

GZH
Reaction score
Aight, so the database is growing like hell and there's 400+ players online... This leads to a 25~ seconds long server save. The save is taking up all the threads and this makes the players to get disconnected from the server.

Is it possible to fix this? Like change the timeout? Or leave a thread open for the connection?

Thanks in advance,
Helga

Mate.. work against the crashes >.<

I got server save like each 48 hours and that's more then enough for me.

try to make the server stable instead of make hells of backups everyday..

Mate.. If the server crash, it will roll back to the last server save, which in this case would be up to 48 hours ago? >.<

Try to make a stable server yes yes, it doesn't matter how stable it is, you can never get it 100% crash free.

Yes maybe you don't got a lot of crashes... But how many players do you got? 10? 15? 20? Get 300+ online for 3 months and let's see how stable you server are then. My server is very stable, 95% of the crashes are due to lost connection to mysql. But still, you won't make it without server server saves.

I'm so tired of yours and jagkanprata's bullshit posting.

Make saving in a seperate thread and you'll get rid of kicks. And even the lag under saving (remember to make an extra Mysql connection for it).

Thanks! I'll check it out

Last edited:
Well, add command for players, .!save so every body can save his char and make global save time a day like cipsoft with backup and make a broad cast instead of save to let the players remember to save thier chars with that command.

Regards,
Sorcerers king

find the reason. perform a /save with no players online to see if it's caused by players or houses.

if its houses, add a script to clean them
if its caused by online players, it's normal

either way you should first optimize your tables and then tweak mysql config

find the reason. perform a /save with no players online to see if it's caused by players or houses.

if its houses, add a script to clean them
if its caused by online players, it's normal

either way you should first optimize your tables and then tweak mysql config

I actually think its the houses,
cuz when I start up the server. it also take like 14 secs to load the houses :p

so how to fix that?

and how to optimize tables?
I did do it on logging in phpmyadmin, and than select all tables and than click optimize.
but it says:

PHP:
tibia.accounts 	optimize 	note 	Table does not support optimize, doing recreate + ...
tibia.accounts 	optimize 	status 	OK

on all other it says the same .. :p

Back