• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Hoster Looking for a team to join

Ryujin

Rathnir Team Member
Reaction score
Greetings, I'll just post my "resume" here.

Name: Tyler K.

Experience: I've been working with OT's since around 2004-2005, when the main OT clients were 7.1 and the latest out at the time (7.4). I haven't made any successful teams in my whole time here, surprisingly. I've had a few off to promising starts, but they never held together long enough to become what they were meant to become. My knowledge in the hosting deparment is what I would class as intermediate. I have a general understanding of running a *NIX system, so I can manage the server. I currently work for one of the largest web hosting companies, so I have access to unlimited knowledge in the field.

What I am looking for: I will host RL maps, however, don't come to me with a plain map you just downloaded and say "Put it up". If you have a general idea of what you want to be worked on, I can host it though I will be making my decisions wisely. I will gladly host custom servers. I have ideas of my own, so if you would like me to contribute in that department I can.

I'm not looking for high experience servers, I plan on hosting long-lasting projects.

Why choose me?: Since this is a team effort, I won't be charging you. Currently, I have a VPS ready to load a server to and run, so as soon as you are ready to put the server up I can have it up. I spend likely very close to 15+ hours a day at the computer due to work, and boredom at home. I have basic knowledge of LUA, so I could likely write n00b scripts. If you plan on going fully custom, I am (err...was) an avid spriter, so I can contribute to item graphics. I can monitor the server very close to the whole time I am online and reboot/perform maintenance as needed.

If you have any further questions, I'll be glad to answer them.
Depending on the seriousness of the project, I'll put it on my VPS and then expand the VPS as needed.

Current Specs of the server the VPS is on:
Dual Nehalem Quad Core CPUs @ 2.26ghz/core with hyperthreading
24GB DDR3 RAM w/ECC
1.5TB RAID 10 (6 drives)

Current Allocation
2GB Memory
Currently don't have a visible limit set on the space for this container.

Cheers,
Ryu

I don't even believe that is possible to run on a Linux-based VPS with no RDP capabilities. If I am provided a remote fileserver to download, I can run up/down tests and post those results.
If you guys have a way to accurately test up/down speed using a Linux server, I'll do that.

Edit: First solution didn't work.

Last edited:
I think there is som solution with Doing a DL to a big file not sure how but i have seen guys having only consol that make that happen!

Back