• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Looking for cheap dedicated servers

carre

Advanced OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello otland!

I'm looking for cheap dedicated servers,that can run 24-7 my realmap server.
Where can I find cheap dedicated servers?

Last edited:
Hello otland!

I'm looking for cheap dedicated servers,that can run 24-7 my realmap server.
Where can I find cheap dedicated servers?
you really have to write more details about your real map you could get just a VPS Cloud RAM for 7 Euro from Ovh
but it depends on what kind of real map you are going to use :)

you really have to write more details about your real map you could get just a VPS Cloud RAM for 7 Euro from Ovh
but it depends on what kind of real map you are going to use :)
Pm me on discord

OVH. (Cheap, Stable and powerfull configuration).

this might be a noob question but i need to learn whats the difference between a dedicated server, advance server, vps cloud, vps ram, etc? and which one is the best option to get in different cases. thanks in advance!!

Not recommended, their ddos protection is not working at all.
Actually wrong, their DDoS protection works great. The problem is that they have issues with their network connection. That is why it does come to lags and loss of connection at some points in time.

They might be stable and powerfull, but they are not cheap at all.
If you don't mind the money it is surely the most secure choice, but there are better options out there. One being netcup. Just looked around and compare. There are lots of hosters out there.

this might be a noob question but i need to learn whats the difference between a dedicated server, advance server, vps cloud, vps ram, etc? and which one is the best option to get in different cases. thanks in advance!!
Yes, you should know the difference before you choose a server.
A dedicated server is your completely own server, you have the hardware all to yourself and don't share it with anyone.
A root server is a server where you get your own guaranteed hardware, but you do share the server with other people.
A VPS is a server where you get a certain maximum amount of hardware you are able to use, you do share the server with lots of other people though, usually these servers are overbooked and there is less power available than rented to people. So do not expect that you are always able to use all the RAM, etc you pay for.

my go-to places for cheap dedis are: Baremetal servers, Web hosting, Cloud computing and Domain names. (https://online.net) and Special server deals | WorldStream (https://www.worldstream.nl/en/dedicated/special/info)

no, stay the hell away from OVH.
i used ovh in the past and when i wanted to leave, they harassed me for YEARS about paying for a server i canceled.

full story:

I rented a server from OVH, didn't need it anymore, they had a "Return your dedicated server" button on the control panel, i used it, got the warning "are you sure? blah blah", yeah i'm sure.

next month, i got a bill for the server, and asked CS why i was still being billed after canceling the server, they said "the 'return your dedicated server' page does not exist, but if you don't want the server anymore, just don't pay the bills and it will be canceled automatically"

uhh ok, sure. another 3 months went by, i got 3 new bills, and asked CS again why they kept sending bills.

This time they said that the server cannot be canceled because i haven't paid the bills for it yet...

WTF? absolutely no way i'm paying that,

then this happened: they started harassing me, sending DAILY FUCKING REMINDERS that the server is unpaid, i had to put them on blocked-list on my email!:

and to top it all off, every month they're adding an extra month of server rent to it.
so yeah.. unless you like being harassed about paying for servers that you're no longer using, and enjoy being unable to cancel your servers,
STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM OVH.

(as far as i know, i'm still getting those daily reminders, but i wouldn't know, i put their emails on a blacklist)

Last edited:
my go-to places for cheap dedis are: Baremetal servers, Web hosting, Cloud computing and Domain names. (https://online.net) and Special server deals | WorldStream (https://www.worldstream.nl/en/dedicated/special/info)

no, stay the hell away from OVH.
i used ovh in the past and when i wanted to leave, they harassed me for YEARS about paying for a server i canceled.

full story:

I rented a server from OVH, didn't need it anymore, they had a "Return your dedicated server" button on the control panel, i used it, got the warning "are you sure? blah blah", yeah i'm sure.

next month, i got a bill for the server, and asked CS why i was still being billed after canceling the server, they said "the 'return your dedicated server' page does not exist, but if you don't want the server anymore, just don't pay the bills and it will be canceled automatically"

uhh ok, sure. another 3 months went by, i got 3 new bills, and asked CS again why they kept sending bills.

This time they said that the server cannot be canceled because i haven't paid the bills for it yet...

WTF? absolutely no way i'm paying that,

then this happened: they started harassing me, sending DAILY FUCKING REMINDERS that the server is unpaid, i had to put them on blocked-list on my email!:

View attachment 35766

and to top it all off, every month they're adding an extra month of server rent to it.
so yeah.. unless you like being harassed about paying for servers that you're no longer using, and enjoy being unable to cancel your servers,
STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM OVH.

(as far as i know, i'm still getting those daily reminders, but i wouldn't know, i put their emails on a blacklist)
I never had any issues with OVH and if you check the top 10 servers at otservlist.org everyone is using OVH. Do you have some other good company to recommend that has a good protection?

I never had any issues with OVH and if you check the top 10 servers at otservlist.org everyone is using OVH. Do you have some other good company to recommend that has a good protection?
Are top 10 servers using OVH Dedicated Gaming servers? and also does this require sending identifications photos to get your host information?

Are top 10 servers using OVH Dedicated Gaming servers? and also does this require sending identifications photos to get your host information?
Just get the server IP and check with the Whois tool, if you don't have a Linux system use something online like whois.domaintools.com

Just get the server IP and check with the Whois tool, if you don't have a Linux system use something online like whois.domaintools.com
Most of them are using OVH alright but does OVH require identifications to confirm/give your host information? Also what top servers are using to handle 1k+ and be DDos protected is it (Gaming server or dedicated server or cloud VPS) that's what I meant, Like if I am going to host one big real map which host can handle highest amount of players without getting lags/problems and also well DDos protected?

First of all you can move to a stronger server once you need it. You do not need to start with a strong one.
You cannot know how many players you will have opening a new OT.
The performance of a server depends on different opponents. Not only RAM or the CPU but other components are also relevant. And don't forget that on an VPS you might not get what you rented since you share the resources with others.

Just because many OTs use OVH doesn't make them the best. It just shows that this community uses it alot and not that they are actually the best. OVH is a huge hoster and you will find them hosting many servers, but do research yourself and don't blindly trust other people.

Also why is everyone so obsessed with DDoS protection? I'm sure most people here don't even know how a Denial of Service attack works. Do you really think a data center does not have any protection? They all do.
Simply find a hoster with a good price-performance ratio that fits your purposes and needs and don't totally rely on their protection. They are not able to protect you from your own ignorance. You need to do a lot of work yourself to protect your server.

I told you already what the differences are between a dedicated, a root server and a vps. You need to decide yourself what fits your needs best and what you are willing to pay.

First of all you can move to a stronger server once you need it. You do not need to start with a strong one.
You cannot know how many players you will have opening a new OT.
The performance of a server depends on different opponents. Not only RAM or the CPU but other components are also relevant. And don't forget that on an VPS you might not get what you rented since you share the resources with others.

Just because many OTs use OVH doesn't make them the best. It just shows that this community uses it alot and not that they are actually the best. OVH is a huge hoster and you will find them hosting many servers, but do research yourself and don't blindly trust other people.

Also why is everyone so obsessed with DDoS protection? I'm sure most people here don't even know how a Denial of Service attack works. Do you really think a data center does not have any protection? They all do.
Simply find a hoster with a good price-performance ratio that fits your purposes and needs and don't totally rely on their protection. They are not able to protect you from your own ignorance. You need to do a lot of work yourself to protect your server.

I told you already what the differences are between a dedicated, a root server and a vps. You need to decide yourself what fits your needs best and what you are willing to pay.

That's simply not true. OVH is the best because they have "continuous/always on" DDoS protection.
Most hosting companies will simply null-route your IP until the attack is over, then you must submit a ticket to reenable the service.
If you do usually get DDoS protection, it's "reactive". Meaning that once the attack is detected the attack will be mitigated. This results in all players receiving a one-time kick, usually killing them, and then they are able to login and play once the attack starts to be mitigated.

OVH is the only service that gives you that protection at a reasonable price (free, but built into their pricing model).
Other services you will pay a shiny penny for any worthwhile protection.

Remember when you do setup their DDoS Pro (not Game, as it's for UDP) you should configure their firewall.
Set the protection to "continuous" for reasons outlined above. And block all UDP connections and any other TCP connection not being used.
When hosting a Tibia server, if you block UDP connections (at the hardware firewall) you'll prevent most attacks.

As far as hardware goes. 8GB+ RAM for real maps, 2-4GB+ RAM for smaller maps.
CPU for any dedicated server is fine, unless you're running multi worlds. VPS you'll want at least 2 virtual cores.

That's simply not true. OVH is the best because they have "continuous/always on" DDoS protection.
Most hosting companies will simply null-route your IP until the attack is over, then you must submit a ticket to reenable the service.
If you do usually get DDoS protection, it's "reactive". Meaning that once the attack is detected the attack will be mitigated. This results in all players receiving a one-time kick, usually killing them, and then they are able to login and play once the attack starts to be mitigated.

OVH is the only service that gives you that protection at a reasonable price (free, but built into their pricing model).
Other services you will pay a shiny penny for any worthwhile protection.
Funny, I'm not with OVH but much cheaper hosts. I have had multiple DDoS attacks on 2 of those servers so far (both with different hosts) and the only way I noticed was their notification system sending me a message that they suspect an attack going on and asking me to report why this may be the case. I do have a public application, with a few thousand people using it, running on my server, so yes I do notice any downtime especially since I have a monitoring system running.

It might be true that OVH has a great setup to prevent attacks. But just because they do, does not mean that cheaper options do not.
And as hans henrik pointed out, people obviously have had problems with them in the past.
So no, OVH is not the only option and OVH is certainly not "the best" because of one single feature. People are way too obsessed with DDoS.

Back