• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Programmer looking for someone to fix idle animations/walking frames for otclient

Evolunia

evolunia.net
Solutions
Reaction score
hello, i'm looking for someone that can fix the idle animations and the walking frames inside otclient. my client is based on 10.98

for example, walking should look like this as it does in real tibia: regulartibia - Streamable and this is how otclient is right now!! otclient - Streamable

and also idle animations from outfits, mounts and maybe even more stuff is not working at all. I want this fixed too

message me with a price and i will consider it :p

I am also looking for someone who can solve this problem in otclient, I am willing to pay 1500 euros.

Excuse my bad English.

I was speaking to @kondra about some different issues that i had on my server, he then also gave me a list of services he offered. One of them was this;;
Code:
[*]- otclient optimizations - from 1000$ to 3000$
I am going to rewrite a big part of otclient resonsible for walking, rendering and processing. It's definitely not an easy task. But if it stop people about complaining that classic tibia is better, it will be worth it.

so maybe thats something that will work for u :p and i wanna know how it works if he does it for you! i am also sure he would make it very good,, he is probably best coder here xD

I appreciate that there are people as collaborative as you in this forum.

I have never used the forum before.

It's a pleasure to deal with you, thank you mate!

I am working on optimizations, I am gonna to rewrite a lot of stuff, for eg. drawing in otclient is very shitty, can be at least 2x faster. However it will take some time, maybe even up to the end of year. If you are interested you can contact with me on discord - kondrah#7945
I am also working on updater, bot protection, encryption and ddos protection for otclient :)

I have been working on project development for 9 years. In this course of time many programmers have worked with me.

Personally I am not in a hurry in what you can take to repair the problems.
I just need to know that someone is working on it and that they can do it.
If they can repair the problem they can count on my payment and if you want to make money with me, I would not hesitate to propose you again.

It is a pleasure to deal with you.
Excuse my bad English.

common guys.. he said that it will take some time, "even up to the end of year", just wait him, when he do that probably he will tell us, lol.

hello, i'm looking for someone that can fix the idle animations and the walking frames inside otclient. my client is based on 10.98

for example, walking should look like this as it does in real tibia: regulartibia - Streamable and this is how otclient is right now!! otclient - Streamable

and also idle animations from outfits, mounts and maybe even more stuff is not working at all. I want this fixed too

message me with a price and i will consider it :p

I think you are needing this feature:
[Missing Feature / Bug] Dat Outfit Group Flag · Issue #852 · edubart/otclient
I reported this at OTClient's GitHub issues long time ago.

If I helped and you will pay someone like Kondrah to do this job, please, share this feature with me. xd
Thanks.

i think idle animations are kinda smallest problem,, the biggest issue is with walking animations and how smooth it feels
and i personally didnt order kondra to fix the issues,, but maybe i will in the future,, but first i think i will try some things on my own,, i learned alot more in c++ now just need some time for it

Ninja has already fixed the idle animations.
Attempt to fix #852 by ninjalulz · Pull Request #905 · edubart/otclient

The outfits with idle animations have messed up walking animation though.
It seems to me like when walking, the walk animation & idle animation have been mixed up and does half of each when it's only supposed to do the walking animation.

This is not a fix for that.
He only "fixed" the idle animation, but not the walking animation on outfits with group flag as 2.
So he did only the "half fix".
For real, he completed ignored my report about the group flag and tried to fix creating an "idle animation" concept, but this is NOT how the group flag system works.
Also, he didn't gave any support to previous versions, as edubart mentioned at the commit ("You completely ignored the isAnimateAlways so I guess this will cause regression in something version", in his words).

And no. I don't think idle animations as a smallest problem, since we are making some outfits unused without this feature.

Last edited:
Is this "idle" animations relationed with monsters walk? In my OTC monsters are getting little rollbacks, going to another sqm than come back to correctly sqm again, and I'm trying to understand whats this.

Is this "idle" animations relationed with monsters walk? In my OTC monsters are getting little rollbacks, going to another sqm than come back to correctly sqm again, and I'm trying to understand whats this.

All outfits, since protocol 10.57+, has the group flag.
Delay is not what it causes, but wrong sprites parsing (it would appear with wrong sprites when walk, for example).

Take a look on the linked thread / post from Jano.
I've also attached his code snippet

I know the thread is quite old (2017)

But for all who search for Idle Animation fix, Frame skip bug, idle animations, walking bug
This thread and code snippet from @Jano might help you !

All credits go to @Jano

Attachments

• frame-group-snippet.rar
    17.6 KB · Views: 39 · VirusTotal
Back