• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Lua] Lua IDE with Autocomplete

MindRage

Toss Me
Reaction score
Hey!

So i constructed a toolkit to make scripting soooo much easier with TFS 1.0

So basically here are the steps:

1. Download files:
  2. http://www.speedy*****malware.localhost/3nyYz/forgottenserver-1-0-EE.zip
  3. http://www.speedy*****malware.localhost/rvQCx/eventtemplates.xml
  4. Download the IDE (Intergrated Developer Enviorment) for you OS (Supports Mac, Linux, Win):
    www.eclipse.org/koneki/ldt/
  5. unzip the IDE and start it. Here you will start with choosing a workspace, just place it where you want, The workspace is only the location you want to save Project files, not The Server files.
  6. Select: File -> New Project -> Lua Project
    Then under the Tab "Contents" -> Choose Existing location and add the Data Folder of your Server.
  7. In the same window, There is a "Target Execution Envoirment", in the side, there is a Link called "Configure Execution Enviorments", Press it and go into and add a new Execution Envoiorment, then select the *.zip file you downloaded at the beggining.
    Later apply and exit, and make sure the "forgottenserver" is chosen in the option "select one" in the first window.
  8. Press Done, and see you desktop.
  9. To Add "Snippets" aka shortcuts for code (this is really handy as it covers all events in TFS, referenced from the Source Code.)

*Enter Window->Preferences then Lua-> Templates, Then click Import and Choose the eventtemplates.xml to import the events.
  10. Congatulations! You now have a really awesome IDE for scripting. use Ctrl + Space to get Auto complete.
hqiZjWE.png

Stay Updated, cause i will add more content after some time.
Always give some feedback so i can improve upon these things!

Next plans are XML Autocomplete. Stay tuned.
Updated with som more functions

Last edited:
Nice as anything you do Mindrage, looking to use it foward :)

Thanks for sharing. Nice work :)

Seems innovative, but I'll stick with my Sublime unless you add a LUA validator and a dark theme :rolleyes:

Dude that is with validation. it know the Lua like Eclipse know Java and so. + dark theme not so hard to add, just add an eclipse plugin. Its based on eclipse, you can add git management, xml parsing, dark themes and all that kind of shit XD Just go to install new software and google the webs for repositories.
Here is the main repository: http://download.eclipse.org/releases/kepler/

infact:

taYQgZg.png

Autocomplete and all that isn't working for me, any idea what might be wrong? ( yes, i clicked CTRL + Space )

Did everything 100% after your tutorial and did some checking on my own as well but couldn't find anything related to why this problem might occur.
Everything seems to be imported and the right EE is set up. My version is 1.2 ( stable ).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Its hard to say without any more information, but it might be the way you set up the project. Can you post a screenshot?

Omg this is so OP!

Could we please get a rehost, I would love this new toy to play with please :D

They updated the IDE to 1.30, somehow my EE is incompatible. so i have to rewrite my generation script.
If anyone can explain how Notepad++ works with its API files i could convert it to it.

That would be beast! I could use it for notepad++ or w/e

I have something similar for Notepad++ but LDT looks amazing, I'm gonna try it now.
Thanks!

tfs 1.1? Nothing much really. The functions are all the mostly the same. However TFS 1.1 is finished yet either, so wont update until its officially released.

Back