• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Mackan's Mappings

Well, WOW. I'm really impressed.

Is it going to be some kind of a project or you're just messing around?

It's gonna be a project, check my signature for the discussion thread link in 'World of Therran'

Welcome to my thread if this is the first time you're reading it, welcome back if you've seen this before. It's been sitting on page 7 of this board for a while now, it nearly got to 8! :eek:

To get rid of this page 8 chance I thought it'd be time for me to post a new image now which fittingly enough will be image 88. So here's one of the most grey-scaled images you'll ever see.

[88] - Abandoned tunnels of Trynor
JdSfFsX.png

Sincerely,
Mackan™
I love the clean minimalistic style. Detailed, but not overcrowded

The best way to keep busy is to get a job where you can have no life outside of it 👌
But anyways, got around to map some today. Thought I'd share it over here. Finalized a piece I started on a long while ago.
Could maybe use some feedback on it 🙃

[89] - Forge Square
MOAmsgH.png

Sincerely,
Mackan™

Time for my bi-annual bump. 🤪
This time it's a tease of a revamp I'm currently working on.
I have not asked the original mapper (Forby) for permission to change this place but I think he won't mind (I think I remember him saying that it needed one). 🤔

Old:
AO6oVkO.png

New:
0lx52hm.png

Those bookshelf sprites are so nice!
Really like the revamp, you can still see its the same place its just way better looking!
however a lil props to forby for making the first one. really creative, not best looking but still nice idea with the books.

Wheres the hidden lever that opens a portal to a mysteriando room to solve a puzzle which leads to a riddle to solve another riddle and get an insane reward like stealth ring and 2k? :p

Wheres the hidden lever that opens a portal to a mysteriando room to solve a puzzle which leads to a riddle to solve another riddle and get an insane reward like stealth ring and 2k? :p
It's on the floor under, and in this place the insane reward is a brown bag containing 2 gold coins, one book and a pair of broken glasses 🤪 👍

I don't know what you mean right now.. 🤔

Anyways, here are the new imagerinos of the revamp, they're with after-before in animated PNG, so if you can't see the before-comparison then you should change to a better browser 🤪

fxgmifw.png

43gwONT.png

zAZ96Of.png

CWjc4Ub.png

2qTal0q.png

IkFvsfP.png

RwcPgix.png

Sincerely,
Mackan™

haha never mind, its from the transformers movie, i was making a joke.. apperently not a very good one.. :(
new maps looks good! i really like the one blackstone quoted.. them new book sprites is the best of the newer sprites i think, might actually need to leave 10.98 behind, so much possibilities with the newer sprites i think :eek:

After a revamp it's now time for something new to show.
Samuro has always complained about Shanarah looking like an ugly growth on the continent, so finally, after many many many years I allowed an edit to the shape to make it more smooth. I won't show how that looks just yet, but I can tell you it looks much better!

As a consequence of this, We had to (oh no, we just didn't want this to happen 🤔 🤪) expand the elven town of Shanarah, both the east and west sides. The east side (living-in-city side) got the biggest expanse with a whole new neighbourhood added to it. I didn't want to build "just more tree-houses" so I decided to make an ancient elven temple (that has always been there, you just didn't see it) where a potions master has taken up ancient elven studies (and residence) while he asks brave adventurers to gather potion ingredients for him from all around the world.

Enough with the wall of text..

FOR THE LAZY: LOOKIE HERE, PICTURE!
(Click image for gif)

Sincerely,
Mackan™

I don't know a lot about this project but from what I have read and seen so far, it's simply awesome.
Especially from a story telling point of view, you're doing a great job.
I love to read every single information about the "historic" background of your world.
You guys could simply write a book and I'd read it for sure.

Keep it up!

Time for some new images, this time of an old area that I was able to expand after some extra land creation. :)
This is a mix of old- and new-made maps, try to find which are which.

During the winter cold I decided to make a visit to the desert town Darudon. On my way to the depot I was approached by some weird dude telling me about this "fellowship" hidden in an ancient place under the Thunder Peaks. He told me that he could arrange a meeting with the high priest and discuss with him if I should join or not. I was welcomed by the high priest who somehow convinced me that I was a perfect candidate for their "Fellowship".
ZL9Nblq.png

I started out as a Novice, finding the different practices a bit odd, but I decided to give them a try anyway. Twice every week one of the elders would give us a lesson in the ancient practices. He spoke mostly gibberish and I made more cool sketches in my notebook than what I listened to him. Attending was mandatory, so there's that..
fdY86Fk.png

I quickly grew in ranks and was finally given a higher rank and cool new robes to use. I was put in charge of keeping the herbs and plants kept in good condition. Without them there wouldn't be enough for the "fellowship" to eat. I also got a taste of the rare 'Lingonberries' that come from a very distant place.
pgNTe07.png

TdtBdmt.png

After a while I still felt this wasn't something for me. I also remembered that back home spring was around the corner, so I told the high priest that I wanted to leave. He said that wasn't possible and that we all should stay in the "fellowship" until the grand master ascended from the fiery pits of Hell. I didn't want it to be THAT hot, and thought that I'd better get home. When I was about to leave a lot of the members of the "fellowship" tried to stop me. Fortunately I had learnt a spell or two before visiting that place. With them I quickly got out of that place.
miC1rP5.png

When I was on the boat back home I remembered that I also knew the invisibility spell, which would've spared a few lives. But then I thought that there's no use looking back in hindsight, and kept smoking my pipe.
Oh shit.. was that a cult I joined?

Hope you liked the story with these images. :)

Sincerely,
Mackan

Back