• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Make border walkable.

Exoltes

Novia OTserv Developer
Reaction score
I'm working on a 8.54 Open Tibia Server using The Forgotten Server - Version 0.2.7 (Mystic Spirit).

I'm trying to make certain borders (Item ID: 6675 & 6676) walkable to people can walk/jump over certain small ice bordered areas.

I have allready added walkable water beneith it and removed blocking within the item.otb file from both item id 6675 & 6676.

Still the borders refuse to let me walk on them.
Even when I create the borders on snow orso so it seems to be unrelated to the tile below the borders.

9adde912_o.png

b233e90c_o.png

54724ce3_o.png

Anyone has an idea that might solve this problem? It is quite crucial to my entire cave.

Thanks in advance.

The weirdest thing just happend.
It doesn't blok monsters from walking over it just players :eek:
29y5cb5.png

Now I completely have no clue what could be going on :eek:

Just checked my movement scripts but there is nothing in there for these 2 ids :(
Hoped I had some random script there which prevented players from crossing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just checked my movement scripts but there is nothing in there for these 2 ids :(
Hoped I had some random script there which prevented players from crossing.
I think you have to edit your items.otb to make them walkable not sure tho.

Recently found out that players can stand on the borders if you push them on it or when you follow something passed it.
But mapclicks across and just walking with your arrow keys doesn't work :s

Maybe someone can look into this? :)

Monsters can walk over it because the items.otb (Server interpretation of items) says they can.
Players cannot walk over it because the tibia.dat (Client interpretation of items) says they can't.

You would need to use ObjectBuilder to edit the tibia.dat file.
However, this is a CLIENT FILE; meaning you are now dedicating to providing a CUSTOM CLIENT to anyone that wants to connect to your server.

You may want to simply map the area without having the weird water gaps inbetween.

Why not just assign a onStepIn script to the tiles you want players to be able to pass regardless of what the items.otb & tibia.dat say?

Similar to the swimming script
https://github.com/Codex-NG/cryingd...ob/master/data/movements/scripts/swimming.lua

But use your distro's version :)

Verrrrrryyy interesting...
This may be my solution for a few new items in the flash client that haven't been configured to be walkable yet (Might be cleaner than hex editing the .dat for now).

even with a script you still won't be able to mapclick, changing the .dat file is the only way to fix that but with a script you would be able to walk across with your arrow keys

even with a script you still won't be able to mapclick, changing the .dat file is the only way to fix that

Not sure how the swimming functionality behaves off the top of my head - so I can't be 100% sure if you're correct.
I'm going to test this out when I get home.

even with a script you still won't be able to mapclick, changing the .dat file is the only way to fix that but with a script you would be able to walk across with your arrow keys
Well this would be a good thing then, because it would make it tougher for bots to cross :)

Guess I'm doing something wrong :(

movements.xml
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<movements>
    <movevent event="StepIn" fromid="6675" toid="6676" script="iceborder.lua"/>
    <movevent event="StepOut" fromid="6675" toid="6676" script="iceborder.lua"/>
</movements>

iceborder.lua
Code:
local exhaust = createConditionObject(CONDITION_EXHAUST_HEAL)
setConditionParam(exhaust, CONDITION_PARAM_TICKS, 4000)
local outfit =
    {
        lookType = 267,
        lookHead = 0,
        lookBody = 0,
        lookLegs = 0,
        lookFeet = 0,
        lookAddons = 0
    }
function onStepIn(cid, item, position, fromPosition)
    if item.actionid == 55558 then
            position.x = position.x + 5
            doTeleportThing(cid, position)
            doSendMagicEffect(position, CONST_ME_BUBBLES)
    else
        doSetCreatureOutfit(cid, outfit, -1)
    if isInArray({4620, 4621, 4622, 4623, 4624, 4625}, getThingfromPos(fromPosition).itemid) == FALSE then
            doSendMagicEffect(position, CONST_ME_WATERSPLASH)
    if item.actionid == 55557 then
        doSendMagicEffect(position, CONST_ME_POFF)
        if getCreatureCondition(cid, CONDITION_EXHAUST_HEAL) == TRUE then
            return TRUE
        end
        doCreatureSay(cid, "Damn! This water is hot.", TALKTYPE_SAY)
        doAddCondition(cid, exhaust)
end
end
end
end

function onStepOut(cid, item, position, fromPosition)
    doRemoveCondition(cid, CONDITION_OUTFIT)
end

When I push myself onto the border it acts the same as when I dive into water and for monsters it works perfectly like before but I still can't walk onto it with my arrow keys.

Code:
-- you need to add in the borders id's
local borders = {}

function onStepIn(cid, item, pos, fromPos)
    if isInArray(borders, getThingfromPos(pos).itemid) then
        if isPlayer(cid) then
            doTeleportThing(cid, pos, true)
        end
    end
end

Yea I added both their ids, tested it and it didn't work.
Because I thought I maybe added them wrongly I tested it with just one border also and it didn't work just the same.
Then I wanted to make sure the script was actualy responding so I added a change outfit and when I pushed myself on the border I became a swimming man but I still can't walk on it with my arrow keys.

Why not just assign a onStepIn script to the tiles you want players to be able to pass regardless of what the items.otb & tibia.dat say?

Similar to the swimming script
https://github.com/Codex-NG/cryingd...ob/master/data/movements/scripts/swimming.lua

But use your distro's version :)
Hello bro hey how to do this im having a similiar trouble im using 7.4 sprite son 7.72 so.. some grass ater ground must be walkable but wh i try to walk over them the screems like jumps can you help me? pls
I NEED TO MAKE CHAR WALK OVER GRASS ID :4633 AND ID: 4644 (GRASS) and some other but with these i will learn (map 7.6) server7.72

regards

Back