• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Make notepad speak!

JDB

OtLand Veteran
Solutions
Reaction score
I was really bored...

This tutorial changes notepad into an input program to make your PC say what you type. :eek:

1. Open notepad.
2. Paste the following.
Code:
Dim message, sapi
message=Inputbox("Enter the text you want spoken here.", "Speak Machine")
Set sapi=Createobject("sapi.spvoice")
sapi.Speak message

3. Goto "file" click "save as" and save the file as...
Code:
speaker.vbs

YOU'RE DONE! :thumbup:

73411897.jpg

Great :D
Another cool feature if your looking for the exact opposite.
Is a program called "Speech Recognition"
Anything you say is typed into the computer..great if your taking notes for school or whatever :D
Not worth makin a thread so I figure I would give my 2 cents here lol.
Its a windows 7 program of course.

Yeah I know there are other ways, but I think a lot of people underestimate the ability notepad has. ^_^

Yeah I know there are other ways, but I think a lot of people underestimate the ability notepad has. ^_^

Are you not utilizing the ability of windows?
I think notepad is just conveying the script.

I just did this to scare my sister. :huh:
Thought it was funny, maybe others might find a use for it.

She screamed when my computer started talking...I would ask it questions, etc.. then type answers.

Your right, Notepad has a lot of things that no one could imagine.

I used notepad in my school as a Command Propmt and shutdown -i all computers from the same net.

Your right, Notepad has a lot of things that no one could imagine.

I used notepad in my school as a Command Propmt and shutdown -i all computers from the same net.

Yeah that's the best thing to do in a computer lab while the teacher is trying to demonstrate something.
Everyone freaks out and guess what?

ASSIGNMENT DUE DATE EXTENDED DUE TO TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES. :thumbup:

Well not always happen but it can XDD
I also put to print like 10 pages saying "..l.. f*ck me, Miss [Censored]"

But i was lucky bcuz I was Logged as an Admin back there and had all admins powers

Yeah that's the best thing to do in a computer lab while the teacher is trying to demonstrate something.
Everyone freaks out and guess what?

ASSIGNMENT DUE DATE EXTENDED DUE TO TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES. :thumbup:

Must be lame if it's fun for someone, also I don't think it's notepad "cheat", you can use everything to save text as .vbs file.

How is it lame? I thought it was pretty cool...was a couple years ago. :(

Back