• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Make otland great again

3alola1

I don't have time
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello everyone iam 3alola1,I have been here since 2010. First of all I want to thank @Mark for everything he done for us and ofcours all of otland staff team but i'am not writing this post for that.. I know that every one is kind busy with collage,work,family,friends,relations...etc

But I want to say something that maybe every one here is feeling it same as me.. but i miss the old otland when every one was onine,Leaders and legends was in support page when thas least online players in a server was in the 23 page in otservlist.. when entering any ot you find new friends and having fun in the ot. When there was like 7 real maps servers that all people was fighting who was the better not only 2 and everybody was having fun and amusment.. Maybe we can't make a copy of our past but why don't we build a new future? I really miss this feeling of how when you enter the download page and see daily every one was uploading a ot and @Scarlet Ayedie approve it. And how was the one chit chat gets like 50 replays atleast ,when every one was helping each other and how when the jobs page when someone says need a team he find mappers and scripters without any deals.... the last ot I have played was twifysoft shadowcore this was my last server ever till I tried to make my own......
In last i want to say that when i joined otland for the first time i felt that i got a new family ..

Hail Otland <3

Last edited:
that would be great for sure!! i miss too those times when i leave otfans on 2009 to come here otland because it was more active and more friendly like you said after shadowscore closed otland is going down slowly and now days nobody shares almost nothing because they prefer to earn some money selling it "due to their work" i hope any day i will see this community grow up again and not only this i want all those tibians back :(

that would be great for sure!! i miss too those times when i leave otfans on 2009 to come here otland because it was more active and more friendly like you said after shadowscore closed otland is going down slowly and now days nobody shares almost nothing because they prefer to earn some money selling it "due to their work" i hope any day i will see this community grow up again and not only this i want all those tibians back :(
Me too . Old players old people old servers every thing is missed oldies we need to accept the truth that every one want the old tibia

Nobody shares anything, because there's nothing new to share. lol
Most everything has already been done.

Back in the day releasing a lever that removes a wall was a big accomplishment.
Now, if you release a complex quest with 18+ scripts and a full storyline, you'll get people posting,

"sorry, not work"
"Can you upgrade/downgrade script to xx.xx?"
"Too bad the quest is so short. It's a good starting point..."
"Man, why didn't you make it more customizable?"

et cetera, et cetera.

The skill required to create a server just keeps going up, along with player expectations.
However, the skill of people creating said servers is basically declining and stagnating.

There's no middle ground anymore.

I wish people would actually come onto the forums and ask for something to be created, and actually tell us everything that should happen from start the finish.
Instead we get people asking questions that they can't even fathom the response too because their questions/requests are totally open-ended, primarily from their lack of knowledge/effort when they created their thread.

There's no good answer to fix the problems we face.
And let's not forget the fact that Real Tibia is basically a low rate OT now, so they've cornered a good portion of the playerbase, because there's no way anyone can compete against them in that field.

You either need to create a super custom OT, a 9999x server with rebirths, or classic tibia.
And make it better then all the other server owners who are doing the same thing, otherwise you won't gain any traction.

Anyway, it's all above my head in understanding.
I don't have any solutions.

I just creted this account not 5 min ago and I'm already nostalgic about OTFans. Damn, I miss it so much... I should have chosen OTLand lol

you said the same shit everyone has Been saying.

This forum is dead and so are ots

you said the same shit everyone has Been saying.

This forum is dead and so are ots
This kinda attitude since 2014 has been a big part of that problem though, ots arnt dead, this forum may be getting close. People saying that every year is part of the problem :p

I'm actually quite impressed with this site. The expertly crafted, quick responses to even the least helpful of questions, the decade of content available for download, and the effective formatting of the forum itself. A friend and I decided to whip up a server, and here you all are, still contentedly helping fools like me online servers. You stay cool, OtLand.

OT is not dead lol.
Just like how people grow up & become adults, so has the community.
The community has become more serious & developed higher standards over time. Pizza servers mostly don't cut it anymore.

Don't forget, the vast majority of server owners are near completely clueless noobs that can't even compile their own sources.
While it is like Xikini stated, that most scripts have been done; it is also true that most of the scripts are at pizza server level (it's not something that's going to set a server apart from others).
The reality is this: OT for many has become a form of business & imo rightfully so.
Every once in a while noobs will make unpaid request for things that are above pizza level, and a decent amount of (if not most of) the times, their request/questions will go unanswered/unresolved.
Why? to begin with most people can't help & for those who can, it's usually not worth their time.

Think about it like this:
[Person A] Spends years gaining knowledge & experience.
[Person B] Makes an unpaid request to [Person A] for this and that.
Why should [Person A] spend time & energy to save [Person B]'s time while helping [Person B] make money with nothing in return? Specially when [Person A] will always have better ways to allocate that time?

Today, most good stuff is not shared publicly, you either have to pay for it, or spend your time & energy for it.
Today, most players are not going to spend their time what appears to be a pizza server, as it is usually bound to be filled with bugs, unprofessional hosters that can't fix problems when they arise & will probably close very soon (which means if a player made a purchase, it's almost like throwing money in the sea).

Server owners that are not willing to put in time & effort or money, don't deserve anything more than a pizza server. Imo ofc.

So while sure, less is happening publicly, it may not necessarily be so behind the scenes.

Okay, let me rephrase what I said for those sensitive bronys still active on the dying forum within the past couple of months there have been fewer and fewer posts regularly made as well as Servers being produced therefore resulting in a community of players becoming more and more bored of the content and growing out of it, therefore, resulting in a dead community. The staff is hardly active anymore and honestly The only reason this forum is still on is because the domain is a recurring payment on this dumbasses credit card

If they dont pay the domain anymore we can always get a freedomain otland.tk. xd

Okay, let me rephrase what I said for those sensitive bronys still active on the dying forum within the past couple of months there have been fewer and fewer posts regularly made as well as Servers being produced therefore resulting in a community of players becoming more and more bored of the content and growing out of it, therefore, resulting in a dead community. The staff is hardly active anymore and honestly The only reason this forum is still on is because the domain is a recurring payment on this dumbasses credit card
Without OTLand and @Mark aswell as the TFS dev team, we would still be stuck with the old servers, which would prova ly result in the death of this community.

There are still several serious projects maintained or under development, such as ArchlightOnline and Necronia for example.

I hope this forum recieves enough donations to pay for the servers and domain to keep it alive.

I’ve been a premium user for as long as I can remember until last year, trying to support the life of the community.

I was a support team member for sometime aswell.

OTs are not dead, its just evolving.
And I do hope it will be for the better.

otserv never going to die, i dont know if someone heres check the progress of otservlist again i have 2 or 3 weeks seeing 17k players i know most of them are mc but 2 months before otservlist was stuck on 14k or even less and about the forum like @HalfAway said me too before i retired from opentibia 3 years ago i was premium user for some years only with the purpose of maintain the forum and soon i will make a new purchase because i dont want the forum die

There's no need to worry about OTLand going down. We'll probably even upgrade to XenForo 2 when time allows. We've been able to cover the expenses with the help of all generous premium subscribers, for which I am thankful, and I'll cover the expenses myself if I have to. Running OTLand has never been about money for me and that's not going to change.

What I can't do much about anymore is the actual development, that's in the hands of the community. I will continue to contribute when I have time, and so should you. That's one of the reasons we moved TFS development from private repositories to GitHub. All the code is out there, completely free, you have a solid foundation to build upon. It's up to you what you make of it.

off topic kind of
But I just realized that the thread name is click-bait trump material. D:<

God dammit.

Back