• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Making otclient more smooth??

Yuggi

Reaction score
Hello, as we know tfs is now developed for otclient instead of regular client. I really want to use otclient in my server butt! there are still big issues that otclient has before it feels as good as normal client.

For example the walking looks much worse in otclient than it does in regular tibia client on versions higher than 10.76. I will show u two videos comparing normal client and otclient:
Normal client: regulartibia - Streamable
Otclient: otclient - Streamable
(And this is no issue with FPS.. both my clients have over 100 fps, the walking animation is simply worse on otclient)

As you can see otclient looks a lot worse when walking (this issue might not exist in older tibia versions, but since tfs is based on 10.98 this should be fixed) There is also a github page about this issue: Walking/Dashing animation problem. · Issue #890 · edubart/otclient

And there is one more issue when you for example spam item hotkeys in otclient while wakling and whenever your character uses an item it will stop walking this also makes the client feel alot worse if you are a player. In normal tibia client when u walk and spam some item hotkey, the character will keep walking instead of stopping to use an item. This is also a big issue I feel that needs to be fixed to make otclient feel better.
I could upload a video to show you what I mean if it's necessary.

Now I have no idea how to solve these problems, but if people can point me in right direction I can try my best to fix them but i dont have much programming exerpeience. So I would like some help with fixing these and so that more servers could start using otclient without it feeling worst than the regular client. And I know there are some servers out there only using otclient, Im very excited to try cyntara's otclient and see if these issues has been fixed.

Otclient has bad performance drawing graphics. I dont know deep in it, but people should focus on this i agree

Im very excited to try cyntara's otclient and see if these issues has been fixed.

The Cyntara v11 client "fix" for walking animations didn't get implemented until approximately 40 hours ago... and we've limited the testing to a very small group.

Holy shit... word spreads... and it spreads fast.
Red

Hello, as we know tfs is now developed for otclient instead of regular client. I really want to use otclient in my server butt! there are still big issues that otclient has before it feels as good as normal client.

For example the walking looks much worse in otclient than it does in regular tibia client on versions higher than 10.76. I will show u two videos comparing normal client and otclient:
Normal client: regulartibia - Streamable
Otclient: otclient - Streamable
(And this is no issue with FPS.. both my clients have over 100 fps, the walking animation is simply worse on otclient)

As you can see otclient looks a lot worse when walking (this issue might not exist in older tibia versions, but since tfs is based on 10.98 this should be fixed) There is also a github page about this issue: Walking/Dashing animation problem. · Issue #890 · edubart/otclient

And there is one more issue when you for example spam item hotkeys in otclient while wakling and whenever your character uses an item it will stop walking this also makes the client feel alot worse if you are a player. In normal tibia client when u walk and spam some item hotkey, the character will keep walking instead of stopping to use an item. This is also a big issue I feel that needs to be fixed to make otclient feel better.

Now I have no idea how to solve these problems, but if people can point me in right direction I can try my best to fix them but i dont have much programming exerpeience. So I would like some help with fixing these and so that more servers could start using otclient without it feeling worst than the regular client. And I know there are some servers out there only using otclient, Im very excited to try cyntara's otclient and see if these issues has been fixed.
I don't understand why people join a developers community but never want to even try to learn the development part. This might be a hobby for most people who put servers up but at some point you all are going to have to get your hands dirty and get into coding; scripts, websites (both front & back), source editing and not just copying and pasting.

These issues have existed for quite a long time but the reason they may have not been publicly corrected is probably because what would be the point. In the beginning the people of this community shared everything, scripts, maps, websites, all sorts of tools & even graphics but now ot servers have turned into small business's. So now any innovation is kept closed source or sold off to the highest bidder. We have people selling sprites, animations, artwork but freely expect that their server, aac's and its tool-sets are kept up to date free of charge and without little to no contribution from the person(s) requesting it.

I say if you see a problem with the animation that you try to track down what could possibly be causing the issue, if this requires you to put your project on hold so you can read a little about the supporting language (C++) then so be it, its definitely worth the effort & when you get stuck you can come on the forums and say well I tried this but it didn't do what it suppose to and someone here will gladly help you out...

That is how a developer's community is suppose to be... you try and the rest of us help you when you are having a hard time. Not we do it for you.

@bayview I don't see what your post has to do with this thread.
He's not even asking for someone to fix it for him, he's looking for any sort of insight that could aid him in fixing the issue.

Red

@bayview I don't see what your post has to do with this thread.
He's not even asking for someone to fix it for him, he's looking for any sort of insight that could aid him in fixing the issue.

Red
My post has everything to do with this thread and it answered his question.

Man.. everywhere u say learn stuff. YES I udnerstand, if I was a professional that spent years learning c++ then sure I could probably fix this on my own but even one of the main creators of otclient said he dont understand how to fix this in my main post.. I have learnt alot of lua mainly and I know how to do most of stuff there but this is simply too hard for me. Its why I posted the thread, and fixing these issues is very important to getting new developers and players interested in otclient. Right now players play on servers with poor otclients and they say its very bad client and then both developers and players arent interested in using it anymore, but its better than the regular tibia client if these things are fixed but so far only few ots has done this, and I WOULD LOVE if it was fixed for the public. Because then we would get more people focusing on making their ots instead of trying to fix these issues, and they take alot of time to fix it's not just something simple, u need to both understand how otclient works and have very good c++ knowledge

I didnt post this to get some free fix for my server so I could get free money... I posted this because I feell its important to fix for the future of ots and since now tfs is based on otclient, I feel its important to fix these bugs.

Last edited:
Hello, I'm Anderson Faria, the guy that created the issue you mentioned.

I have seem a few OT's that use OTC with this problem fixed, it's really a shame that they use a work entirely made by someone else and didn't even had the decency of paying back with a PR for the issue. Either way, I think we should start comparing OTC with the recent-releaseds sources like those ones:
OpenTibia - OTClient 8.0 with Real Tibia features
Tibia - OTClient 7.4 with Real Tibia features

Also there's plenty solutions out there, even here on otland that should become a PR. The original repository is the best place to discuss, suggest changes and everything else related to the project, decentralizing the otc content will only contribute even more to the project's death.
People contributing inspire others to contribute.

Finally: the OTC original repository should be exactly as tibia client is, with special configurations that could turn on/off special features. When you download and build, the default should be equal to tibia client. This is the only way to make it the "original" client of tfs.
That would attract more people to it, and more public means more people working to improve it.

This is a configuration on source of TFS for the newest versions, it has nothing to do with OTC.

Agreed! I had a server online for some couple of months ago and I feel like the biggest complaints that I recieved was about the client. I was using the newest version of TFS and the regular tibia 10.98 client. I have since then looked into using otclient and added made some own cool mods for it, but the core issues like animations still remain and I neither have no knowledge of how to approach these issues, the only thing that I had in mind was decreasing my servers protocol to a client where the animations are working properly, but that's not really a good solution. I think I will stick with using the current protocol and keeping the bugged animations, I don't think it's a HUGE deal but it definitely makes the gameplay less smooth.

I can also put money into this being fixed, I am not sure how I would go about doing that, I know that tfs has bountysource but does that work for otclient too?

im posted this in another thread now and i will share it here too because i think we must get an update on tfs and otclient

lots of things are broken in otclient with new protocols, for example the first mount should hafve an idle animation (the horses flames should be burning when your standing still and many new mounts + outfit animations like this and they are all broken on otclient=) ------this was reply to thread starter in the other thread i posted this if u are confused
when you move on otclient, it's very poor compared to regular client with new protocols (i made two videos comparing this) here Making otclient more smooth??
and there is more stuff bugged in regards to animations

and in tfs u have people working for functions that arent even in otclient for example yesterday there was criritcal stats and leech stats sent to client in a pull request and it got approved and these numbers are not even available in otclient. i think we must get some update on how tfs should be developed because now its supposedly made for a broken client (otclient) and yet there are updates made to support old client that they dont want us to use, but not fixes to the client that we are supposed to use its weird siutatuon. i have tried very hard to fix otclient issues but its hard for amateur coder

im posted this in another thread now and i will share it here too because i think we must get an update on tfs and otclient

lots of things are broken in otclient with new protocols, for example the first mount should hafve an idle animation (the horses flames should be burning when your standing still and many new mounts + outfit animations like this and they are all broken on otclient=) ------this was reply to thread starter in the other thread i posted this if u are confused
when you move on otclient, it's very poor compared to regular client with new protocols (i made two videos comparing this) here Making otclient more smooth??
and there is more stuff bugged in regards to animations

and in tfs u have people working for functions that arent even in otclient for example yesterday there was criritcal stats and leech stats sent to client in a pull request and it got approved and these numbers are not even available in otclient. i think we must get some update on how tfs should be developed because now its supposedly made for a broken client (otclient) and yet there are updates made to support old client that they dont want us to use, but not fixes to the client that we are supposed to use its weird siutatuon. i have tried very hard to fix otclient issues but its hard for amateur coder
It's not a matter of people not allowing its a matter of who provides the pull request. Also this client is just a foundation, something which you can use & modify to your liking free of charge. If you would like to upgrade the client with missing features & protocols and share it you are free to do so but you don't have to eithet.

In a perfect world this client would be upto date and backwards compatible with everyone chipping in. But we don't live in a perfect world and any code fixes aren't always made public because a lot of people have forgotten that although they upgraded the software they're not the original creators of it.

I share pretty much all of the code i write (good, bad or completely useless) & even things that aren't even for this framework. But not everyone is like me, or the dozens of other members who contribute to this community and it's just something we have to accept but don't let other people's greed & ignorance deter you from contributing to this or any community for that matter. Because that is how we learn & grow; from the success & failure of one another. :)

OTS walk system is bugged in most distros (send [or not send] cancel-walk packets in wrong situations etc.). These bugs are fixed by Tibia client, so it looks smooth no matter how shit 'packets' server sends.
Walking system had many changes from 7.7 to 10.x. OTClient is developed for 'all versions', but no one know all these little changes in walk/use item systems and when they happend.

So.. some servers with OTC developed for them has fixed movement, but it required changes in OTC and in server code to make it work proper on both sides.
I think it's impossible to fix movement in OTClient for all servers and all versions.

I spent 3 weeks to prepare client for my 8.0 server, fixed a lot of wrong packets and movement became really smooth.
I could not detect one problem with 'auto-walk diagonal movement when running around monster', which made player stuck (and die by monster), so I had to give up and go back to Tibia client.

yas thats what i mean, 3 weeks to fix movements from a very good coder that already knows how most distros worked and with tons of otclient experienece in the past.

but even in 8.0, i think the default movement isnt that BAD in otcleitn i think alot of servers haven't fixed those issues on their oldschool servers that are purely using otclient (but for example the bigger projects like medivia has fixed) but with new animations the difference is much more noticable and worst, and all new animations also broke new stuff (like idle animation and other stuffs)

maybe, best would be to have a new otclient version, thats developed for TFS. So that version would be compatible with otclient without any errors (unlike now, when u try using current tfs with current otclient its bugged as shiet!!!) and old stuff like animated texts should be added into that tfs version too, and maybe more customzied stuff for otclient. Because mark has said, tfs is for otclient now but there is no changes and there seems noone want to make changes in this direction too so idk

yas thats what i mean, 3 weeks to fix movements from a very good coder that already knows how most distros worked and with tons of otclient experienece in the past.

but even in 8.0, i think the default movement isnt that BAD in otcleitn i think alot of servers haven't fixed those issues on their oldschool servers that are purely using otclient (but for example the bigger projects like medivia has fixed) but with new animations the difference is much more noticable and worst, and all new animations also broke new stuff (like idle animation and other stuffs)

maybe, best would be to have a new otclient version, thats developed for TFS. So that version would be compatible with otclient without any errors (unlike now, when u try using current tfs with current otclient its bugged as shiet!!!) and old stuff like animated texts should be added into that tfs version too, and maybe more customzied stuff for otclient. Because mark has said, tfs is for otclient now but there is no changes and there seems noone want to make changes in this direction too so idk

Animated text already exists even for the newer protocols for otclient. It's a server side feature that can be implemented via lua or hardcoded in C++.

Lua
Animated Text - Lua - 1.3

C++
Animated Text Support for OT Client 10.98/99 - TFS 1.3

I know because i released both of these sources ;)

Back