• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Maltexor's Sprites

Maltexor

Reaction score
Here are the first Sprites:D

March - 2014
cew1g.png
MDIre.png
L4xud.png
9Ixef.png
Th53d.png

Last edited:
I guess people are a bit busy on mondays hehe.

But ofc, they are decent sprites.
  • There's no real need to have blood on the edge of the 3rd sword.
  • You have black(or too dark) lines inside of your sprite.
  • Handles on the sword could use some rework as it seems there are no handles on them.
Best sprite is the shield it looks really cool. But the dark edges on the top seems a bit weird, try making it a little brighter.

Keep on spriting and show us more ;>

I guess people are a bit busy on mondays hehe.

But ofc, they are decent sprites.
  • There's no real need to have blood on the edge of the 3rd sword.
  • You have black(or too dark) lines inside of your sprite.
  • Handles on the sword could use some rework as it seems there are no handles on them.
Best sprite is the shield it looks really cool. But the dark edges on the top seems a bit weird, try making it a little brighter.

Keep on spriting and show us more ;>

Thanks for your Feedback i will Update like you said and post it later :)

alot better, now try to get rid of the black inside of the sprite and replace it with a dark yellow(brownish color)

use these colors for the handle and see if u can manage ;>
Q6w3Ja.png

alot better, now try to get rid of the black inside of the sprite and replace it with a dark yellow(brownish color)

use these colors for the handle and see if u can manage ;>
Q6w3Ja.png

Ok i tested a bit around and i got this.
L4xud.png
Th53d.png
(I think i did to much highlighting)

And i did this Armor in a short time.
9Ixef.png
I call it Magic Dragon Armor (Sorc) but i thing i will do a bit more details on it later :)

waDih.png
cm3Cg.png

Last edited:
In the time i have learning to sprite i have realized that are 3 extreme important things: Shades, Lights, and the colors you choose.
If you do a green armor, just green looks too plain, you could add more different colors, or add more shades and light to make it look better :)
Hope it helps

In the time i have learning to sprite i have realized that are 3 extreme important things: Shades, Lights, and the colors you choose.
If you do a green armor, just green looks too plain, you could add more different colors, or add more shades and light to make it look better :)
Hope it helps

That's true mate, i need too learn a bit more about light's and wich colors i use but i guess it's okay for my first sprites and i stared to sprite yesterday ;D
But i guess if i do more sprites and learning to shade and set the lightning right, the day will come i can make pretty good sprites:D

Very good first sprites!

Thanks! :)

Next SHield (Needs lighting and a bit more shadeing) do it later when i got some time xD

Maybe someone could help me with shadeing and light? :)

BENLf.png

Pt4gf.png

Last edited:
I think is too much AA, maybe try to use less colors. If you want to play with shadows and lights, use the same basic color but really dark and white, or white with a little of the color you are using :p

So much blur. DO NOT USE IT. NEVER use this photoshop/gimp option. NEVER.

I think is too much AA, maybe try to use less colors. If you want to play with shadows and lights, use the same basic color but really dark and white, or white with a little of the color you are using :p
I will try it :)

So much blur. DO NOT USE IT. NEVER use this photoshop/gimp option. NEVER.

I never use blur just using Brush or Colored Pencil maybe it's a bad idea to use a bit of Brush Option^^

I don't think there's too much AA, opposite, he's just using brush too much.
Try yellowhat's tutorial.

I don't think there's too much AA, opposite, he's just using brush too much.
Try yellowhat's tutorial.
Sometimes i use it much but sometimes not that's why some of my Sprites looks fine and some not xD i watched some youtube videos of Spriting i guess i do a better Shield and Armor Tomorrow.

Back