• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Map dimensions

Addams

OTMadness.com OTSes Services
Staff member
Board Moderator
Solutions
Reaction score
If I have a real map server which is 65000x65000 dimensions the biggest possible size, Would that cause lag in the future even if most of floors are empty/black/void space? Because I am worried that if I reduced map dimensions I might lose important parts of the map by mistake and also worried that the over sized map will cause lags/issues in the future.
So I hope someone who used a huge map like this can share his experience with me.
Information (I don't know if needed) :
TFS 1.3
Client 8.60

Solution
I just saw old threads where people saying blank areas are counted same as mapped ones and will cause lags even if 10 players online so that made me worried.
So you mean if my host is decent with 8GB ram+ then it wouldn't matter and there won't be lag with that huge map size?
Yeah you should be fine, maps mainly use ram and 8gb is recommended often for real tibia maps, which these otbm files are 100mb and more. So if your map is less than that then I wouldn't worry about it.
If I have a real map server which is 65000x65000 dimensions the biggest possible size, Would that cause lag in the future even if most of floors are empty/black/void space? Because I am worried that if I reduced map dimensions I might lose important parts of the map by mistake and also worried that the over sized map will cause lags/issues in the future.
So I hope someone who used a huge map like this can share his experience with me.
Information (I don't know if needed) :
TFS 1.3
Client 8.60
People run real map servers with 8 gb ram vpns all the time so I don't see why you would have an issue. Especially if most of the area is blank.

People run real map servers with 8 gb ram vpns all the time so I don't see why you would have an issue. Especially if most of the area is blank.
I just saw old threads where people saying blank areas are counted same as mapped ones and will cause lags even if 10 players online so that made me worried.
So you mean if my host is decent with 8GB ram+ then it wouldn't matter and there won't be lag with that huge map size?

Yeah you should be fine, maps mainly use ram and 8gb is recommended often for real tibia maps, which these otbm files are 100mb and more. So if your map is less than that then I wouldn't worry about it.

Solution
That's good then I can continue working, Thanks for your help.
If anyone else sees the thread and think Apollos can be wrong please tell me your point of view or if you already tried and had issues since I am working on my whole project using this map so I will be checking this thread for any further replies always.

Back