• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[MAP ISSUE] Downstairs->NoCharacter->CTRL+G = Black Screen.

darkshin

New old member
Reaction score
Hello Guys!!!!!

I was with this issue at a Global Map sometime ago, but then I started mapping one for my own and suddenly two sets of stairs at the same location but one brings -1 and other +1 both are with this bug. When you move into the stair you lose the control of your character and if you relog u get a black screen.

Anyone can help?

Remap the location.. to make the stairs not on top of each other?

I didn't undertood what you said, but I tried to remove the stairs and this is how the bug happens:
map_bug.png

Wait.. so you use the spell "exani hur down" or "exani hur up"
and it bugs the character?

Information needed to help you:
What is the X, Y and Z of the upstairs, and downstairs positions?

When the screen turns black, what is your X,Y and Z position?

Also, if you go downstairs another way, does the screen still turn black? (for example, if you teleported to the downstairs position using /goto X Y Z on an admin, would it still be black?

Information needed to help you:
What is the X, Y and Z of the upstairs, and downstairs positions?

When the screen turns black, what is your X,Y and Z position?

Also, if you go downstairs another way, does the screen still turn black? (for example, if you teleported to the downstairs position using /goto X Y Z on an admin, would it still be black?

Thank you Flat for helping me here!

The upstairs pos are 701 1329 5 and the downstairs are 701 1329 6

I tried all commands while in black screen, but none seem to work while the character is bugged. He seems to be in the void. That means I can't get my position while in black screen. Also, when I relog and face black screen, all my character attributes are displayed as -1 or null in OTClient.

The curious thing is: There only two more spots that the stairs are bugging like. I removed stairs and added another ways to change floors and all resulted in the same bug. I just can't see a reasonable point. Maybe its an issue in sources?

Plus: I've edited the client and the server to add more map tiles as your tutorial explains, but I doubt this is the problem. I was very careful.

Thank you Flat for helping me here!

The upstairs pos are 701 1329 5 and the downstairs are 701 1329 6

I tried all commands while in black screen, but none seem to work while the character is bugged. He seems to be in the void. That means I can't get my position while in black screen. Also, when I relog and face black screen, all my character attributes are displayed as -1 or null in OTClient.

The curious thing is: There only two more spots that the stairs are bugging like. I removed stairs and added another ways to change floors and all resulted in the same bug. I just can't see a reasonable point. Maybe its an issue in sources?

Plus: I've edited the client and the server to add more map tiles as your tutorial explains, but I doubt this is the problem. I was very careful.

Take screen shots of each area that has this issue. I want to see what is in common.

Take screen shots of each area that has this issue. I want to see what is in common.

I've heard once that this problem is caused by too many black squares. I didn't understood what it means... But here goes the areas (I think there are some more in this mountain, but I can't reach them with this bug):
bug2.jpg

The downstairs from mapeditor.
otbug7.jpg

bug3.jpg

Upstairs V
otbug8.jpg

bug4.png

Upstairs V
otbugg9.jpg

This bugged when I tried to cross these webs with the command /a 2.
bug1.jpg

Bugged while tried to go downstairs. There are only dirt floor there.
bug5.png

Same as above.
bug6.jpg

It sounds like, players are being teleported to a tile that you haven't put ground on.

I would go back in the map, and MAKE SURE that every one of those ramps have ground underneath them.

It sounds like, players are being teleported to a tile that you haven't put ground on.

I would go back in the map, and MAKE SURE that every one of those ramps have ground underneath them.

I've done it many times, as I replied to Xikini above and showed with a SS. Even if I don't use stairs, a simple exani hur up or down bugs the thing. Also the print that contains spider webs, I just teleported myself through the webs and it bugged. So Strange..

I've done it many times, as I replied to Xikini above and showed with a SS. Even if I don't use stairs, a simple exani hur up or down bugs the thing. Also the print that contains spider webs, I just teleported myself through the webs and it bugged. So Strange..
What version of TFS are you using?

OHHHHHH what does it say in the terminal of your otclient when it bugs?

I bet you have something not loading correctly. (Such as a sprite, etc)

Maybe he is using crap tibia client.
Try download client here and test it.
http://tibia.sx

I use OTClient, but thanks for the reply.

What version of TFS are you using?

1.x, I usally I keep it up to date manually. I was doing an source update just now.

OHHHHHH what does it say in the terminal of your otclient when it bugs?

I bet you have something not loading correctly. (Such as a sprite, etc)

log_do_erro.jpg

The position discribed at the first error, after trying to go down the ladder, is the position that the player is meant to go, at the "second" stair.
The second error is when I try to move while bugged.

EDIT:
ola.jpg

I've tried to go down more times and those errors showed up. It's strange. With the sources updates I just made, based on GitHub, when I teleport my character back to a NPC I don't need to relog him to move again as I needed before.

Last edited:
So, your CLIENT is losing your character, not TFS, or the map.

i'd say your TFS sources have a bad doMoveCreature script or w/e

So, your CLIENT is losing your character, not TFS, or the map.

i'd say your TFS sources have a bad doMoveCreature script or w/e

Okey, so the way to fix my Client from losing the character is to find this bad doMoveCreature that is inside TFS sources or the data?

It looks like a bad communication between the client and the server, something like a data loss. Idk.

Last edited:
Basically, it tried to move something at position 701, 1330, 6, and it wasn't there.

I have no idea how it happened, or how to fix it. But at least you know the problem.

Basically, TFS and OTClient should always have your character at the same position. But when switching floors, either TFS, or the OTClient fails to move your character.

Even weirder. You said the entire screen becomes black. (which I have never seen happen even if your client loses your character position).

If it is always going from floor 5 to floor 6 when it bugs. (Going downstairs from floor 5).
It might be the function in protocalgame.cpp that moves your character downstairs that has a bug in it.

Honestly either way you will need source edits, and if you don't have any source edits currently just update to the newest TFS.

Basically, it tried to move something at position 701, 1330, 6, and it wasn't there.

I have no idea how it happened, or how to fix it. But at least you know the problem.
When I first started to make an OT again, I used the global map and this bug came across the map at almost all floor changes.
Then I realised that if I start a new map it shoudn't bug. So, after a while, it started to bug..

Basically, TFS and OTClient should always have your character at the same position. But when switching floors, either TFS, or the OTClient fails to move your character.

Even weirder. You said the entire screen becomes black. (which I have never seen happen even if your client loses your character position).

Yes, you're right. But the screen only becomes black if I relogin.

If it is always going from floor 5 to floor 6 when it bugs. (Going downstairs from floor 5).
It might be the function in protocalgame.cpp that moves your character downstairs that has a bug in it.

Honestly either way you will need source edits, and if you don't have any source edits currently just update to the newest TFS.

I have some edits at protocolgame.cpp, but I shall make some tests replacing my file with the newest from TFS and then I match the differences between them! If it works, Ill post here the workaround.

A BIG THANKS FLAT!

Back